Fangs4Freaks (Half-Blood Vampires, #2)
read excerpt* *Different edition

Fangs4Freaks (Half-Blood Vampires #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  441 ratings  ·  23 reviews
We only accept certain people in my sorority-no fullblooded vampires allowed.

Psi Phi is just like any sorority on campus-except for the part about them being half-blood vampires. Colby Blanchard emancipated her fellow halfbloods and laid the smackdown for some wayneeded new laws, but things still aren't good. The Vampire Tribunal is dumping the newest pledges on her lawn...more
Published November 7th 2006 by Berkley Trade (first published November 2006)

Tonda Stockwell
3.5 Stars

This one was definitely better than the last one which kinda makes me sad that neither I nor my libraries have a copy of the third book. It'd be nice to find out if it gets even better.

I think my status updates show my reactions to this book better than I could if I tried to explain it all.

16% "I may possibly take back anything negative I said about Colby if this Ileana Romanov chick doesn't GTFO herself."

30% "I'm going to have to agree with Piper on this one... ouch."

46% "Ugh. Bitc...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Karin Perry for TeensReadToo.com

Four months have passed since Colby was given permission to exist as a half-blood vampire. Not only does she have her license, but she has been given the added responsibility of Protector of all the half-bloods. Colby takes this title in stride and sets about making preparations.

romarampalang
I didn't enjoy reading this book as much as i enjoyed the first one. And that is mainly because of the main character Colby. She is just so annoyingly immature for me. I know, she just wants to be independent and all, but damn, what kind of mature person will get angry to their boyfriend just because he wanted to help her. And i just think Colby is not a very good girlfriend to Thomas, the way she treats him is just bad.

I really want to give this book a 3 star, because the story is good. I just...more
Jenna Lyday
The problem I had with this book was that the main character was so shallow and self absorbed. I thought I was going to get a chance to watch her grow, but it seemed like the growth opportunities turned into chances to point out how Thomas was being insensitive.

I realize that I'm probably not the target audience, but watching Colby go through this book and interact with Thomas was uncomfortably close to arguing with my 5 yr old daughter.
Sara
I liked this book a lot.
I also liked Colby again in this book. She's even more a kickass chick with her fighting skills now and even though I didn't totally agreed with her behaviour very few times, I was so with her most times. And although I still like Thomas and he's so, very, very hot, I wanted to punch him most of the time in this book. Seriously, that's the way to hurt a girl's pride, man!
I also liked Carl a lot, more than in the first book, and I'm glad we got to know him a little better...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Ok, this book was not as exciting as the first, but nonetheless it was a good read. Colby is now in charge of the new Psi Phi Sorority house that houses half-bloods. She meets and greets all the new girls when all of the suddend their is murder in the house. Someone on the inside is a spy.

The book was well written and the plot was good. There was a lot od drama between Colby and Thomas. There was also a lot of insight on their relationship. Through out the whole book Colby and Thomas did nothing...more
Karin

The Vampire Tribunal, the governing board for the vampire community, makes it possible for Colby and the other half-bloods to blend in with society while still being together to train and learn about the vampire ways by...more
Amber
This review is regarding the second book in the Half blood vampire sereies. Okay that was just AMAZING. I love how the author fit in a collage scene along with a sorority. I Loved the whole story, it has vamires, half blood vampiries, oh and did I mention you find out that demons exist in the book. There was mystery mixed with paranormal, and little bit of romance, so all in all the book was put together Really well. 5 stars to Serena Robar. Can't wait to start the next book. :) Also I am extrem...more
Blerta
Colby is a half vampire, she is not supposed to be alive, but Colby told the Vampire Tribunal that she deserves equal rights like full blood vampires. In the sorority house run by Colby, half bloods taste freedom for the first time in their lives. The teens that live with her, for instance one is a Romany Princess who wants to go back to being a vegan in spite of needing blood to survive. When trouble occurs, she does not turn to her boyfriend Thomas for help, Colby fights them off herself.

Julie
Another one of those stories about vampires; in this one, it's half blooded vampires. Although this isn't my typical interest, there are many books in my shelf about vampires. It isn't something that I enjoy reading, however this was just a random book that I picked up. Turns out, it isn't something that I enjoyed reading, maybe it's just me. I find it boring and just random. So many things happy that it begins to get confusing that I don't know what exactly is going on.
Brittany
This series is alright, but I'm getting sick of Colby's character. She's so full of herself and Thomas wants to say she's mature? I really disagree with that. Thomas is right they need to get work done if they wanna help. But in a way Colby's right too and they need to do couple things. But she wants sex! I understand it's been eight months, but so what if the guy wants to wait. And to have a sorority house full of these half bloods? This isn't college.
Christian
I won this book in a giveaway and I would have to say it is one of the best vampire books I have ever read! The story was new and refreshing and centered around a half-blood named Colby. Colby goes to college, where she ends up protecting a group of half-bloods. One of these half-bloods is murdered in the sorority house and an entire chain of events unfolds. Of course, you will have to read the book to find out what happens next.
Taylor Troncin
I won this book through a goodreads giveaway. Unfortunately, I have not been able to read this book from cover to cover due to some other circumstances. I am hopeful that I will be able to sit down and read this book in the near future! I really enjoy vampire-centered books and this one seems to be right up my ally!

**My rating indicates how strongly I feel that I will read this book in the near future**
Nenia Campbell
The college scene is a largely unexplored area of young adult chick lit, which largely consists of high school drama. As a college student, I was excited to find a book that not only was about vampires, but also took place in college. The main character, a half-blood vampire named Colby, has just established a sorority called "Psi Phi" (cute, huh?) to be a safe-haven to her kind, which are persecuted by both humans and full-blooded vampires. It was a great concept. Unfortunately, it was a huge d...more
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Jul 19, 2010 Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) by: goodchoicereadin@aol.com
Shelves: for-fun
'Fangs for freaks' is like watching a comedy show only with some action and love in it. I laughed out loud so many times. I love Colby and love her personality. Such a small book, but full of a little bit of everything.

If you want an easy and fast read, full of humor, action and love, then definitely pick up 'Braced to bite' and 'Fangs for freaks' by Serena Robar. Very entertaining!
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Recommended to Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) by: goodchoicereadin@aol.com
Shelves: for-fun

Mehsi
Some months ago I read the first book and it was good. Now I read the second book, and again it was good. I liked trying to figure out who (view spoiler). Also loved the relationship between Thomas and Colby, though I sometimes wish they would talk more instead of being angry at each other.
Chris
May 02, 2011 Chris added it
Shelves: first-reads
Colby starts college and this should be interesting.....This is really cute series.I like how Colby is innocent yet so quick to pick up on the things she nneds to learn.Being the Protector has become more than she bargained for.And it is neat how everyone cant help but like her yet she always seems to be in the mists of trouble.
Sandy
Sequel to Braced 2 Bite. Colby has now entered college and been put in charge of all the other female halfbloods. She is their protector and head of "Psi Phi House", the sorority she set up as cover for them.
Rachel
again as i said about braced to bite if you like a little gore then these books are for you. people like me....well i quite wouldn't sujest reading it. but as i said it's your choice.
Sydney
This was better than the first. Yet it still wasn't very exciting
colleen
read 01.06.07
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Sabrien Abdelrahman
Sabrien Abdelrahman marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
  • Fendi, Ferragamo, and Fangs
  • High School Bites: The Lucy Chronicles
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • Love Sucks! (Bite Me, #2)
  • Demon Envy (Kenzie Sutcliffe, #1)
  • Vamped (Vamped, #1)
  • Almost Final Curtain (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #2)
  • Got Fangs? (Ben and Fran, #1)
  • Break of Dawn (Vampire Babylon, #3)
  • Vamps (Vamps, #1)
  • My Love Eternal
  • Never Bite a Boy on the First Date
  • Vampire in Denial (Family Blood Ties, #1)
  • Night Runner (Night Runner, #1)
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
Multi-published Young Adult author of both paranormal and contemporary fiction.
More about Serena Robar...
Giving Up the V Braced to Bite (Half-Blood Vampires, #1) Dating for Demons (Half-Blood Vampires, #3) Half-Blood Vampire Series (Books 1, 2, 3, 3.5) Vamp, Inc. (Half-Blood Vampires, #3.5)