Start by marking “Fangs4Freaks (Half-Blood Vampires, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fangs4Freaks (Half-Blood Vampires, #2)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Fangs4Freaks (Half-Blood Vampires #2)

We only accept certain people in my sorority-no fullblooded vampires allowed.

Psi Phi is just like any sorority on campus-except for the part about them being half-blood vampires. Colby Blanchard emancipated her fellow halfbloods and laid the smackdown for some wayneeded new laws, but things still aren't good. The Vampire Tribunal is dumping the newest pledges on her lawn
Published November 7th 2006 by Berkley Trade

To ask other readers questions about Fangs4Freaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fangs4Freaks

In Depth

Best Part:
It's super short
Worst Part: The MC hurts me so
Thoughts Had: That ending was too quick!

Conclusi
StarMan
In 2 words:  Sorority suckers

Tagline:  Psi Phi: We're not (view spoiler)

Plot:  Hated heroine helps homeless half-bloods, handles haters, homicidal half-wits, & her honey.

Rating:  4 puncture wounds. For very light YA vampire fare, this 2nd book starring Colby (a half-vamp gal) is as fun as the first. If you're not sure if this series is for you, think of a mashup of Vampire Academy, Buffy, and a dash of Legally Blonde pinkness. It's not deep, nor especiall
Stephanie
Apr 02, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Half-Blood Vampire series are great for something light and fun. All of the books go by quickly so it’s very easy to read them all in a very short time span. They’re funny and engaging; however, a bit unrealistic especially after Colby becomes a vampire. The fact that her family and “best” friend, Piper, didn’t seem fazed by this fact is just absurd.

Colby is the main character in this series and she gets assaulted by this vampire, gets thrown off this ravine and becomes a vampire. The first
Jennifer Wardrip
May 04, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it liked it
Reviewed by Karin Perry for TeensReadToo.com

Four months have passed since Colby was given permission to exist as a half-blood vampire. Not only does she have her license, but she has been given the added responsibility of Protector of all the half-bloods. Colby takes this title in stride and sets about making preparations.

Tonda Stockwell
3.5 Stars

This one was definitely better than the last one which kinda makes me sad that neither I nor my libraries have a copy of the third book. It'd be nice to find out if it gets even better.

I think my status updates show my reactions to this book better than I could if I tried to explain it all.

16% "I may possibly take back anything negative I said about Colby if this Ileana Romanov chick doesn't GTFO herself."

30% "I'm going to have to agree with Piper on this one... ouch."

46% "Ugh. B
Jenna Lyday
Nov 04, 2013 Jenna Lyday rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The problem I had with this book was that the main character was so shallow and self absorbed. I thought I was going to get a chance to watch her grow, but it seemed like the growth opportunities turned into chances to point out how Thomas was being insensitive.

I realize that I'm probably not the target audience, but watching Colby go through this book and interact with Thomas was uncomfortably close to arguing with my 5 yr old daughter.
Quirks
Oct 24, 2016 Quirks rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fall-2016, 2016-reads

1.5 Star

So... by the time I review the first book, I'd already read this one. And in my review of book 1, I posted a spoiler free glimpse of my opinions for this book. Here they are:

"don't read the sequel. I'm not writing a full review for the sequel but I'll give you a non-spoiler glimpse.

Thomas: Hey Colby, you okay?
Colby: *storms off in a rage* *How dare he be concerned! He thinks I'm weak. I'm not weak. Thomas is an asshole! I'm never talking to him!*

That's basically it (it's getting 1
Karin
Apr 30, 2007 Karin rated it really liked it
Shelves: youngadult, vampires

The Vampire Tribunal, the governing board for the vampire community, makes it possible for Colby and the other half-bloods to blend in with society while still being together to train and learn about the vampire ways by
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Ok, this book was not as exciting as the first, but nonetheless it was a good read. Colby is now in charge of the new Psi Phi Sorority house that houses half-bloods. She meets and greets all the new girls when all of the suddend their is murder in the house. Someone on the inside is a spy.

The book was well written and the plot was good. There was a lot od drama between Colby and Thomas. There was also a lot of insight on their relationship. Through out the whole book Colby and Thomas did nothing
Sarah Crawford
Feb 01, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series and presented me with a problem. I saw this on sale and picked it up, but I had not yet obtained the first book in the series. It seems you really have to read the first book first because it has background that is not covered in the second book, such as what are half-bloods, exactly, and why do full vampires hate them so much?

Skipping over that problem for the moment, the main character is Colby Blanchard who is a half-blood and has been put in charge of a
Sara
Nov 08, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot.
I also liked Colby again in this book. She's even more a kickass chick with her fighting skills now and even though I didn't totally agreed with her behaviour very few times, I was so with her most times. And although I still like Thomas and he's so, very, very hot, I wanted to punch him most of the time in this book. Seriously, that's the way to hurt a girl's pride, man!
I also liked Carl a lot, more than in the first book, and I'm glad we got to know him a little better
Karen
Jan 13, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colby Blanchard is back. She has championed for the rights of Half-Blood Vampires and won. Now she is their Protector. She and her charges are now members of the Psi Phi Sorority at the college. The other girls have been dumped and/or rescued and brought to the house under the protection of The Tribunal. They still have to learn to feed in their new area, (Colby with her orthodontic fangs has to teach them) try to adjust being "out" as half-bloods, and be sorta normal. Of course, this is Colby s ...more
Amber
Aug 08, 2013 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is regarding the second book in the Half blood vampire sereies. Okay that was just AMAZING. I love how the author fit in a collage scene along with a sorority. I Loved the whole story, it has vamires, half blood vampiries, oh and did I mention you find out that demons exist in the book. There was mystery mixed with paranormal, and little bit of romance, so all in all the book was put together Really well. 5 stars to Serena Robar. Can't wait to start the next book. :) Also I am extrem ...more
Christian - Knightingale Reviews
I won this book in a giveaway and I would have to say it is one of the best vampire books I have ever read! The story was new and refreshing and centered around a half-blood named Colby. Colby goes to college, where she ends up protecting a group of half-bloods. One of these half-bloods is murdered in the sorority house and an entire chain of events unfolds. Of course, you will have to read the book to find out what happens next.
Brittany
May 22, 2012 Brittany rated it liked it
This series is alright, but I'm getting sick of Colby's character. She's so full of herself and Thomas wants to say she's mature? I really disagree with that. Thomas is right they need to get work done if they wanna help. But in a way Colby's right too and they need to do couple things. But she wants sex! I understand it's been eight months, but so what if the guy wants to wait. And to have a sorority house full of these half bloods? This isn't college.
Blerta
Apr 11, 2011 Blerta rated it it was amazing
Colby is a half vampire, she is not supposed to be alive, but Colby told the Vampire Tribunal that she deserves equal rights like full blood vampires. In the sorority house run by Colby, half bloods taste freedom for the first time in their lives. The teens that live with her, for instance one is a Romany Princess who wants to go back to being a vegan in spite of needing blood to survive. When trouble occurs, she does not turn to her boyfriend Thomas for help, Colby fights them off herself.

Julie
Jun 06, 2010 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: 11th-grade
Another one of those stories about vampires; in this one, it's half blooded vampires. Although this isn't my typical interest, there are many books in my shelf about vampires. It isn't something that I enjoy reading, however this was just a random book that I picked up. Turns out, it isn't something that I enjoyed reading, maybe it's just me. I find it boring and just random. So many things happy that it begins to get confusing that I don't know what exactly is going on.
Taylor Troncin
Aug 31, 2013 Taylor Troncin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pre-2016-read
I won this book through a goodreads giveaway. Unfortunately, I have not been able to read this book from cover to cover due to some other circumstances. I am hopeful that I will be able to sit down and read this book in the near future! I really enjoy vampire-centered books and this one seems to be right up my ally!

**My rating indicates how strongly I feel that I will read this book in the near future**
Mehsi
Some months ago I read the first book and it was good. Now I read the second book, and again it was good. I liked trying to figure out who (view spoiler). Also loved the relationship between Thomas and Colby, though I sometimes wish they would talk more instead of being angry at each other.
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Jul 19, 2010 Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) by: goodchoicereadin@aol.com
Shelves: for-fun
'Fangs for freaks' is like watching a comedy show only with some action and love in it. I laughed out loud so many times. I love Colby and love her personality. Such a small book, but full of a little bit of everything.

If you want an easy and fast read, full of humor, action and love, then definitely pick up 'Braced to bite' and 'Fangs for freaks' by Serena Robar. Very entertaining!
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Jun 30, 2010 Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) by: goodchoicereadin@aol.com
Shelves: for-fun

Chris
Apr 30, 2011 Chris added it
Shelves: first-reads
Colby starts college and this should be interesting.....This is really cute series.I like how Colby is innocent yet so quick to pick up on the things she nneds to learn.Being the Protector has become more than she bargained for.And it is neat how everyone cant help but like her yet she always seems to be in the mists of trouble.
Sandy
Mar 31, 2008 Sandy rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Sequel to Braced 2 Bite. Colby has now entered college and been put in charge of all the other female halfbloods. She is their protector and head of "Psi Phi House", the sorority she set up as cover for them.
Emily
Jan 17, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it
A very smart book
Lyra Rose
Jul 26, 2010 Lyra Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Find my review at http://lyraroses.blogspot.com
Sydney
Aug 05, 2011 Sydney rated it liked it
This was better than the first. Yet it still wasn't very exciting
Toria Bedell
Jan 21, 2016 Toria Bedell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Colby has a new sorority she is in charge of, and her sisters are a hand full. I'm glad she started take a self defense class cause every time she goes out someone is attacking her.
Rachel
Jan 30, 2008 Rachel rated it it was ok
again as i said about braced to bite if you like a little gore then these books are for you. people like me....well i quite wouldn't sujest reading it. but as i said it's your choice.
colleen
Nov 15, 2007 colleen rated it liked it
Shelves: scpl, vampires, ya, 2007
read 01.06.07
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2014
  • Fendi, Ferragamo, and Fangs
  • Love Sucks!
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • High School Bites: The Lucy Chronicles
  • Demon Envy (Kenzie Sutcliffe, #1)
  • Almost Final Curtain (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #2)
  • My Love Eternal
  • Vamped (Vamped, #1)
  • Break of Dawn (Vampire Babylon, #3)
  • Got Fangs? (Ben and Fran, #1)
  • Shifty Business (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #3)
  • Vampire in Distress (Family Blood Ties, #2)
  • Blue Blood for Life (My Blood Runs Blue, #2)
Multi-published Young Adult author of both paranormal and contemporary fiction.
More about Serena Robar...

Half-Blood Vampires (3 books)
  • Braced to Bite (Half-Blood Vampires, #1)
  • Dating for Demons (Half-Blood Vampires, #3)