Start by marking “Face the Fire: Three Sisters Island Trilogy #3” as Want to Read:
Face the Fire: Three Sisters Island Trilogy #3

Face the Fire: Three Sisters Island Trilogy #3 (Three Sisters Island #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  26,517 ratings  ·  547 reviews
The final book in the New England-set trilogy that began with Dance Upon the Air and Heaven and Earth.
Published May 28th 2002 by Jove Books (first published January 1st 2002)

May 30, 2008 jenjn79 rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
While I still liked this book, it was my least favorite of the Three Sisters Island trilogy. I liked the plot as it dealt with resolving the threat to the island and beating the evil. I thought that was done well.

What I didn't particularly like about the book was the romance between Mia and Sam. It didn't quite work for me. Mia keeps her heart locked away from Sam for the whole book (with good reason mostly) then at the end, she's suddenly like, okay, I accept you and your love. The abrupt chang
I never thought I'd give it five stars in the end, but there you have it. The entire premise of this book (not the series!) was based on the fact a nineteen-year-old girl knew what love was when she loved Sam Logan eleven years ago. A love so strong, so powerful, she'd shattered when he left. You were nineteen, girl! What did you know?!

Lucky he left, because he did them both a huge favor. She grew stronger as a witch, he became a man who finally knew what he wanted, and they could discover what
This audio book did not work for me on so many levels. I didn’t like the heroine, I didn’t like the hero. I didn’t care for the supporting characters. I thought parts of it were downright stupid and it emphasizes all the reasons I do not read Ms. Roberts trilogies any longer.
That’s it in a nutshell though I suppose I should give a bit more detail, otherwise it will sound like one of those ‘crap’ reviews that can be found on Amazon.
I have to start out by saying I’ve loved Nora Roberts for a long
From the massive amount of books I’ve read by Nora Roberts,I’ve learned something.’If you loved the first book,never expect the sequel or the others in the series to be as good as the first one.’It’s a lesson I learned throughout my experience of Roberts’ works.

I went through the same thing in Face the Fire.I loved the first book,Dance Upon the Air and I enjoyed the second one,Heaven and Earth so initially I had a little hope for Face the Fire.
But of course,it turned out to be a disappointment.E
This reunion story didn't work for me. I was too busy rolling my eyes to fully enjoy this corny mess.

The hero dumped the heroine because he felt suffocated by her and doesn't return for 11 years. She, of course spent those years torn apart, struggling to survive without him. The day he returns, she decides she will have sex without the "relationship" with him *rolls eyes* when he tells her he wants her back. Does that sound like what a rational woman will do to the guy who dumped and shattered
2015 Reading Challenge: a trilogy.

Sam and Mia, man. I'm rounding up from 3.5 stars for them alone. I wasn't as disappointed as I had feared I would be, which is largely due to the both of them. Yes, Sam was kind of an ass at the beginning and had arguably been an ass for the past ten years, but I really loved the energy between them regardless.

I loved finding out about him; (view spoiler)
I KNEW THIS WOULD BE MY FAVOURITE! I was so sure that something was missing on the previous 2 books but I just couldn't figure out what it was. I still can't but I know after reading book 3 that it definitely has something the others didn't, even though I can't exactly say what, lol. Kinda messed up, anybody got that?

I had been waiting to get to know Sam since he was first mentioned on the previous books. I wasn't sure if he would be the perfect mate for our amazing Mia (which was always my fav.
JC Andrew
Sometimes in a trilogy, the third book seems to lose something. It is almost as if the author is trying to stretch the story too far. Fortunately for the readers, this doesn't happen in this series! Nora Roberts produces a third book about the final important character on the Three Sisters Island. As usual she maintains the storyline while opening up a new tale about another woman that is directly associated with the other two from the previous books in the series.

Face the Fire is about a woman
I had high hopes for this final installment of the trilogy. Mia was my favorite character from the first 2 books and I was really looking forward to reading her story, and the exciting conclusion to the series. Not only did Mia get short-changed in the character development aspect in this book, but the big finish I was expecting fizzled to an unimpressive whiz-pop.

Admitedly, part of the reason why I didn't like this book is that I don't like Nora's brooding characters as much as I like her tom-b

You can see the following review also here:

The last book in this trilogy by Nora Roberts is as good as the first two! The author has a unique talent and describes the Three Sisters Island in a way that I wanted to be there also! This book has it all.. magic, love, friends, forgiveness...

This is the story of Mia and Sam. They were lovers when they were young but when Sam left her she didn’t want to love again. Now, Sam is back and determined to be with her
I found it very easy to not like Sam along with all women. I was stunned when I realized that Sam thought all he would have to do was come back and he would be back with Mia. I loved that Nell and Ripley gave him the cold shoulder too, in support of Mia. The whole big bad showdown was sort of a letdown after 3 books.
Mia Devlin is a witch and she's a witch I love!

This story is, in my opinion, the best of the trilogy. Mia and her ex, back on the isle with the purpose to being with her again, are a great couple.

The story has a very sweet side and it's really good.

While this wasn't my favorite romance of the trilogy (that would be Zack & Nell's story) I think it was my favorite overall story of the three. As the evil that has haunted the Island is closing in, Mia has to deal with her heartbreak from the past and open herself up to being hurt again in order to defeat it. I loved Sam's courtship of Mia but strictly as a romance I felt she closed herself off to him for too long. But again, as a story her delay made it more emotional when she did accept h ...more
Kyla Zerbes
I don't know how I missed this trilogy the first time or if I did read, how I have such complete non-recall.
Typical Roberts which is comforting and easy to read! Same story as always but that's ok by me - multiple friends / family with magic become couples and fight evil :) What was interesting is that there is discord among the friends (with good reason) so it's not all lovey lovey right away.
In the final installment of the Three Sisters Island trilogy, Face the Fire, from Nora Roberts, she built things up into a shocking conclusion. Mia Devlin knew about loving someone with her whole heart and watch them walk away--that's what happened to her true love, Sam Logan, who did that to her years ago. Now he came back to win her heart as she was now the new owner of the island's hotel. She became cold and bitter toward him, while the chemistry between them was infallible and red-hot. For a ...more
This isn't my favorite series of Nora Roberts. The first book of the series was the best one and I think it was mainly because I really liked the characters. In this 3rd book it was O.K. I liked Mia but she was a little harder to relate too. I loved her skills as a witch and a crafty business women. Her Cafe bookstore was one of my favorite locations. I was given a writing challenge last week and I had to come up with one sentence to describe my current read. Here is what I came up with: "Witche ...more
Third book in the Three Sisters Island trilogy. Mia is the focus in this installment, and since it's the third book, you know there's going to be a big showdown between good and evil, and a big romance. Well, neither delivered. The final showdown was a let down, and the romance didn't work for me at all. Sam was the love of Mia's life, but he left her when she was 19 because he felt smothered and not ready for committing his life to her. She's brooded over him for the last 11 years, and now sudd ...more
Alexandra Shoni
Seems I forgot to put this book as 'currently reading' after I finished Heaven and Earth! Bad me!

This book was a bit more actionpacked than Dancing on the air and Heaven and Earth. On every page there was either arguing, flirtation, magic weaving or between-the-sheets tumbling.
I did have a few issues though. Right from the start we get to jump into the mind of Sam Logan, the boy who left Three Sisters Island over a decade ago which resulted in Mia being left with a broken heart. (view spoiler)
Three Sisters Island off the Massachusetts coast was a safe haven for witches from a three hundred year-old curse. The window of opportunity to break this curse was closing in and the present day witches were prepared to break this stranglehold. Fiery Mia Devlin owned the local bookstore and Nell Todd managed the café upstairs. Ripley Todd Booke was the local sheriff’s sister and a police officer. All three women were witches and fiercely protective of each other and this protection was evident ...more
As usual, this was not a disappointing read. There is just something about witches, old curses, legends that draw you in. You get caught up in the lives of each person, feel as though you are there, as if you know them. Ms. Roberts gives just enough description of things that doesn't bore you or make you feel lost in all the details. All the time while reading this book, knowing how strong willed Mia is, stubborn, wants to make it seem like she can do this on her own, there were times you just w ...more
Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
Like the Gallaghers of Ardmore Irish trilogy, I discovered this series in the Honor section of my local library and decided to borrow them. I love that this series takes on supernatural elements but still manages to come across as very realistic. The characters are dynamic and well-developed but relatable - they are/become supernaturally powerful but are still incredibly vulnerable, just like the rest of us. It's comforting that they remain so human, despite their inhuman abilities.
Casey Martisch
so, if you're anything like me, what comes to mind when you hear Nora Roberts? well, for me anyways, I think of mom/grandma books that are loaded with more sap than a maple tree. man, was I wrong and pleasantly surprised.
I came across these books through a friend who recommended them so highly that the very next day, she gave me them to read. Well, I was skeptical and felt like I HAD to read them to be polite. I'm really glad that I gave them a chance.
i'm in the middle of another series by No
Not her best, but okay.
As the final book of the trilogy, the plot of this book was entirely inevitable and held tightly the tracks laid out in books one and two. Mia, our heroine, didn't catch my attention sufficiently to keep me from rocketing through this one rather too quickly; I didn't sink into the world the way I'd've liked to.

Still, I think this is one of Roberts's trilogies that I'll come back and reread when I'm in the mood for a nice bit of escapism.
Definitely my last 'witch' book by Nora Roberts.

She keeps recycling the same story, putting slightly different twists in, including location and names. Most of the time I can forgive some re-use, but this is the 5th 'trilogy' where I've heard the same story but told in a slightly different way.

I'll keep trying her other books, but if I read one more with the phrase "As I will, so mote it be", I'm done.
Mia and Sam, both witches, were in love their entire childhood. Sam left Three Sisters Island, and shattered Mia's heart. Fast forward to 15 years later, and Sam is back to win back Mia's heart, and this time for good. Mia doesn't think she can ever forgive him, or trust that he won't leave. Plus, she has that whole evil entity threatening to toss Three Sister's Island into oblivion thing to deal with...

A strong end to the series, with lots of sexual tension and regret (which I love). I didn't e
Good narrator, good book. But I don't understand where the bad guy came from. Did he just pop into existence? It never really made sense.

I didn't entirely like the way the romance was dealt with either. Sam broke up with Mia when they were young adults, and eleven years later she still thinks he's the scum of the earth for it. People break up. It hurts, but that's how relationships work. Mia is supposed to a mature and wise woman, but she acts immaturely in this one thing. Sam didn't kill a pupp
I liked this book. It is the third in the Three Sisters Island trilogy. I usually like to read stand alone novels because I don't like to wait for the next episode of a series. However, since this trilogy was older and I was able to obtain all three books at once, I found that I enjoyed it. Did it have to be written as a trilogy? I don't think so. One thing that I did appreciate about this trilogy is that all three books were evenly written--there wasn't a dud among them.

This book continues the
Melanie Ptacek
I really liked the first book in the series, the second one not so much and this one (the third one) least of all.

I liked Mia in the first book, but not a fan of her by this one. Maybe because I'm not a fan of women who become "Love Martyrs" after they have their hearts broken. What I mean by this is women who decide to supposedly punish the man who broke their heart by actively blocking all possible chances at love in the future, which is really stupid when you think about it because the only o
  • Imitation in Death (In Death, #17)
  • Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)
  • White Lies (Arcane Society, #2)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Three Sisters Island (3 books)
  • Dance Upon the Air (Three Sisters Island, #1)
  • Heaven and Earth (Three Sisters Island, #2)

“I fear feeling my heart break a second time, because I'm not sure I could survive it. I'd rather live alone than risk the pain.” 248 likes
“A ghra. A amhain. My love. My only.” 109 likes