Start by marking “Zane's The Heat Seekers” as Want to Read:
Zane's The Heat Seekers

Zane's The Heat Seekers

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  2,533 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Hot, hungry, and hunting...
They're sisters of the soul, two girlfriends hitting the clubs in search of that oh-so-rare commodity: straight, single guys. Tempest sports a modest suit, while Janessa runs wild in a skintight minidress -- but they both want the same thing: the heat, the passion, the spark to ignite the sensual fires inside. It takes time and patience to find
Published May 1st 2003 by Atria Books (first published May 3rd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Zane's The Heat Seekers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zane's The Heat Seekers

Addicted by ZaneNervous by ZanePurple Panties by ZaneAfterburn by ZaneLove Is Never Painless by Zane
Zane
9th out of 39 books — 79 voters
G-Spot by NoireThe Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahAddicted by ZaneEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida ClarkStripping Asjiah by Sa'Rese Thompson
Best Urban Fiction
49th out of 176 books — 295 voters

More lists with this book...

Rockk ON Dudeee*. =]
Mar 20, 2008 Rockk ON Dudeee*. =] is currently reading it
This book is VERY interesting I don't wanna tell you every single bit about it. But its about this woman who talks about men in her life. She talks about how all they want is sex.. Also she talks about all the men she went out with. Well thats about everything I read about so far.
Kc Chapa
So tired of Zane's books! Been there, read that. The sex isn't even that hot. Boo. I have three more of these books to read as a challenge. What a poor choice on my part!
Tally
I returned this book before I wasn't finished because I couldn't take the writing. I'm just too through with Zane's "trying to be funny" writing. I just couldn't take the raunchiness of it all. I didn't even get through half of it because I felt it was so horrible...I won't give up on Zane though but I will pick a better book next time.
Stephanie
Apparently Zane takes on a different direction from her usually erotic novels in this book.

THE HEAT SEEKERS focuses on bestfriends Tempest and Janessa who are from DC. They are sick and tired of dealing with loser men, something that probably all women can relate to.

Then we have Geren and Dvonte, also two best friends. Geren is more mature, and ready for a serious relationship, whereas Dvonte is the complete opposite.

The four meet at a club, and hit it off instantly. Geren and Tempest get togeth
LeCinda
I hated this book! Is was very boring to the point where I had to check to make sure it was the same author as her other books
Chineka Williams
This book was a steamy page turner. Zane weaves in and out of the couples through out the book.
Rosa
Aug 16, 2012 Rosa added it

Very good book definity a good read :)
Nardsbaby Reader
Cold Waters

HEAT SEEKERS is an appropriate title, because the SEX is the strength of this entire book! In reading Zane's books her characters are all the same. Two sets of friends meet two sets of friends at a club. The set of friends who have their lives in the right direction are the two that hook up right! Geren and Tempest fall in lust with one another and they have some really good sex while trying to work in a relationship. She's kind of superficial, which isn't cool seeing how her girl liv
Sindrice
The Heat Seekers

Zane is the reason why I write today, she's opened my mind in all of her novels, but I must say Addicted and The Heat Seekers are my favorite two. This novel wasn't like any of her other ones because she made you think about life and showed you that things like this happens everyday in real life. I can in a way relate to Tempest, I myself may not be able to conceive my own child but I do Lend out with helping hand to my friends and family that need it.
J
(FROM JACKET) There's Tempest, barren from a botched abortion, who is a dedicated counselor at a teen pregnancy center. She unexpectedly falls head over heels in love with Geren, a man who brags constantly about his desire to have a house full of babies. As their relationship blossoms, Tempest is anxiety-ridden over her secret infertility, only to be astonished when she discovers that Geren has a huge secret of his own-which will take her life in directions she never imagined. To add to the dram ...more
Angela Batts
Good read, however the title is misleading, especially if you're expecting a "typical" Zane novel. I'm really not into Zane however I had a friend recommend the book & I actually enjoyed the storyline. Again if you're looking for the typical Zane read, then this is not one of them.
Trenee  Seward
I picked this book up because I wanted an easy, steamy read. After all, Zane is known for her erotic writing skills, right? This book read like the author needed a good editor, a few writing workshops, or a detailed read of a 'fiction writing for dummies' book. While she crafted a decent tale, her characters were flat, the story predictable, and Zane's attempts at humor and slang were often forced. And again, as far as sex goes, there were quite a few mentions of erections and oral pleasuring, b ...more
pianogal
Ok, so I work at a library, right? And everyone's always coming up and asking for Zane books - which are almost always checked out. Apparently they are hot stuff. So when this one came in with (shocker) no holds on it, I decided to see for myself.
I thought it was a pretty good read, but not nearly as hot as I expected. Maybe because it was one of her earlier works. It could also be that I'm just a white girl from the Midwest...what do I know about East Coast African-American culture?
Overall, I
Bobbie Wines
Wonderful
LaTonya
I liked this book a lot, though not my favorite from Zane. I loved the friendship between Tempest and Janessa and how they had each others back no matter what. I also loved Tempest and Geren's romance, but wished that there was more to the ending and that we found out what happened between Janessa and Devonte. Overall, this was a pretty good read with lots of humor and the story of a great friendship and a beautiful love story.
Monica Washenberger
I read this book for my adult materials and services class as a genre that I had never read.

I can say, based on the first few pages, I was expecting a much steamier read, though mostly, it just wasn't really my thing, and I'm fairly sure it wouldn't have been regardless of how much steam she squeezed into it.
Ismaray
In the beginning I did not want to continue reading it but decided to because it was already started. The book was ok I gave it three stars. Maybe I should have done two. It only gets interesting towards the ending. I guess it just was nt my type of book.
Nicole
I loved this book. I was glad to read that Dvonte had came around after the baby was born and wanted to be in his life. I'm also glad that Tempest and Geren were able to adopt Kensingtons baby Sydney.
Jetta
Mar 18, 2008 Jetta rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no
It was alright somewhat boring i cant't just start a book and not read it to the end......was not impressed with Zane in the book heard alot about her thought i would try it.
Marilyn Diamond
Will the real Author stand up. Zane at this point begin to loose me. Even though I was married I was not into the beginnings of the erotica.
Aisha
One of the worst books that I've ever read. I made sure to read it straight through to the end and it had absolutely no redeeming qualities.
Jessica
I walked into this one thinking I was going to get a happily ever after story, but boy was I wrong. Definately a good read for fun
Janet
My one complaint with this book is that it was billed as erotica and it is really a romance. Otherwise, Zane is a good storyteller.
Carrie
The Heat Seekers was ok but I must say that this book was quite "tamed" for Zane. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing!
Kt
It was a book that made you think of what these teenagers go through in life. Also, a very good book.
Jasmine
The characters annoyed me. Beyond ghetto and irritating.
Brandon
Jul 18, 2008 Brandon rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like books that deal with life and relationships or finding that special one.
It took me a while to read this book. I felt like I knew the characters, but it was still boring.
KaTrina
I read this book in two days could not put it down. love how she made the characters come to life.
Sonia
I know i know i am reading two books at once but what can i say they are addicting...
Greg
THIS BOOK I LIKED VERY MUCH.I LIK READING BOOKS LIKE THESE.THEY TALK ABOUT REAL LIFE
  • Drive Me Crazy
  • Thong on Fire: An Urban Erotic Tale
  • Soulmates Dissipate
  • Something On the Side
  • The Maintenance Man
Zane (real name Kristina Roberts) is an African American author of erotic fiction. She is the daughter of two former educators: an elementary school teacher and a world-renowned theologian who is also the author of nearly two dozen books. She was born and raised in the Washington, D.C. area where she still resides with her three children.

In 1997, Zane began writing erotic stories to pass the time
More about Zane...
Addicted Nervous Afterburn Shame on It All Zane's The Sisters of APF: The Indoctrination of Soror Ride Dick