Start by marking “The Heat Seekers” as Want to Read:

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,065 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
Hot, hungry, and hunting...
They're sisters of the soul, two girlfriends hitting the clubs in search of that oh-so-rare commodity: straight, single guys. Tempest sports a modest suit, while Janessa runs wild in a skintight minidress -- but they both want the same thing: the heat, the passion, the spark to ignite the sensual fires inside. It takes time and patience to find
Published May 1st 2003 by Atria Books (first published May 3rd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Heat Seekers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heat Seekers

Addicted by ZaneNervous by ZanePurple Panties by ZaneAfterburn by ZaneGettin' Buck Wild by Zane
Zane
9th out of 39 books — 113 voters
The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahG-Spot by NoireAddicted by ZaneThe Cartel by Ashley AntoinetteEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida Clark
Best Urban Fiction
60th out of 216 books — 348 voters

More lists with this book...

Rockk ON Dudeee*. =]
Mar 20, 2008 Rockk ON Dudeee*. =] is currently reading it
This book is VERY interesting I don't wanna tell you every single bit about it. But its about this woman who talks about men in her life. She talks about how all they want is sex.. Also she talks about all the men she went out with. Well thats about everything I read about so far.
Kc Chapa
Apr 28, 2014 Kc Chapa rated it did not like it
So tired of Zane's books! Been there, read that. The sex isn't even that hot. Boo. I have three more of these books to read as a challenge. What a poor choice on my part!
Tally
Jun 30, 2013 Tally rated it did not like it
I returned this book before I wasn't finished because I couldn't take the writing. I'm just too through with Zane's "trying to be funny" writing. I just couldn't take the raunchiness of it all. I didn't even get through half of it because I felt it was so horrible...I won't give up on Zane though but I will pick a better book next time.
Stephanie
Mar 06, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
Apparently Zane takes on a different direction from her usually erotic novels in this book.

THE HEAT SEEKERS focuses on bestfriends Tempest and Janessa who are from DC. They are sick and tired of dealing with loser men, something that probably all women can relate to.

Then we have Geren and Dvonte, also two best friends. Geren is more mature, and ready for a serious relationship, whereas Dvonte is the complete opposite.

The four meet at a club, and hit it off instantly. Geren and Tempest get togeth
LeCinda
Jan 07, 2009 LeCinda rated it did not like it
I hated this book! Is was very boring to the point where I had to check to make sure it was the same author as her other books
Chineka Williams
Feb 18, 2012 Chineka Williams rated it really liked it
This book was a steamy page turner. Zane weaves in and out of the couples through out the book.
K Jonee
May 13, 2016 K Jonee rated it it was amazing
Praise for Zane's 'The Heat Seekers'

Zane's 'The Heat Seekers' was a great book that I enjoyed due to its relatability, realism, and touch of eroticism. I was thrilled with the story of Tempest. It was a beautifully written story which captured a lesson that resonated with me : You never know how the experiences you have may help some one else. I loved that Zane tackled many different aspects of life and relationships with the main characters Geren, Tempest, D'vonte, and Janessa. My first time r
Rosa
Aug 16, 2012 Rosa added it

Very good book definity a good read :)
Nardsbaby Reader
Jan 07, 2009 Nardsbaby Reader rated it it was ok
Cold Waters

HEAT SEEKERS is an appropriate title, because the SEX is the strength of this entire book! In reading Zane's books her characters are all the same. Two sets of friends meet two sets of friends at a club. The set of friends who have their lives in the right direction are the two that hook up right! Geren and Tempest fall in lust with one another and they have some really good sex while trying to work in a relationship. She's kind of superficial, which isn't cool seeing how her girl liv
Sindrice
Nov 09, 2014 Sindrice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Heat Seekers

Zane is the reason why I write today, she's opened my mind in all of her novels, but I must say Addicted and The Heat Seekers are my favorite two. This novel wasn't like any of her other ones because she made you think about life and showed you that things like this happens everyday in real life. I can in a way relate to Tempest, I myself may not be able to conceive my own child but I do Lend out with helping hand to my friends and family that need it.
J
Jul 18, 2011 J rated it it was ok
(FROM JACKET) There's Tempest, barren from a botched abortion, who is a dedicated counselor at a teen pregnancy center. She unexpectedly falls head over heels in love with Geren, a man who brags constantly about his desire to have a house full of babies. As their relationship blossoms, Tempest is anxiety-ridden over her secret infertility, only to be astonished when she discovers that Geren has a huge secret of his own-which will take her life in directions she never imagined. To add to the dram ...more
Angela Batts
Jun 04, 2014 Angela Batts rated it really liked it
Good read, however the title is misleading, especially if you're expecting a "typical" Zane novel. I'm really not into Zane however I had a friend recommend the book & I actually enjoyed the storyline. Again if you're looking for the typical Zane read, then this is not one of them.
Trenee  Seward
May 27, 2013 Trenee Seward rated it it was ok
I picked this book up because I wanted an easy, steamy read. After all, Zane is known for her erotic writing skills, right? This book read like the author needed a good editor, a few writing workshops, or a detailed read of a 'fiction writing for dummies' book. While she crafted a decent tale, her characters were flat, the story predictable, and Zane's attempts at humor and slang were often forced. And again, as far as sex goes, there were quite a few mentions of erections and oral pleasuring, b ...more
Amos
Feb 16, 2015 Amos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Made me think

Not a neighborhood I'm familiar with. But being poor is. Though I've been lucky in having two caring parents. And an extended family.
pianogal
Jun 17, 2008 pianogal rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Ok, so I work at a library, right? And everyone's always coming up and asking for Zane books - which are almost always checked out. Apparently they are hot stuff. So when this one came in with (shocker) no holds on it, I decided to see for myself.
I thought it was a pretty good read, but not nearly as hot as I expected. Maybe because it was one of her earlier works. It could also be that I'm just a white girl from the Midwest...what do I know about East Coast African-American culture?
Overall, I
Debi
Mar 28, 2015 Debi rated it did not like it
I'm a little disappointed in this book. It is written very poorly. I honestly feel like a fifth grader could have written this. In fact I'm sure I know fifth graders that write better than this. its very immature and I'm definitely not impressed.
Sha
Feb 09, 2015 Sha rated it it was amazing
very good
Bobbie Wines
Wonderful
LaTonya
I liked this book a lot, though not my favorite from Zane. I loved the friendship between Tempest and Janessa and how they had each others back no matter what. I also loved Tempest and Geren's romance, but wished that there was more to the ending and that we found out what happened between Janessa and Devonte. Overall, this was a pretty good read with lots of humor and the story of a great friendship and a beautiful love story.
Monica Washenberger
Nov 01, 2012 Monica Washenberger rated it it was ok
I read this book for my adult materials and services class as a genre that I had never read.

I can say, based on the first few pages, I was expecting a much steamier read, though mostly, it just wasn't really my thing, and I'm fairly sure it wouldn't have been regardless of how much steam she squeezed into it.
Ismaray
Sep 08, 2011 Ismaray rated it liked it
In the beginning I did not want to continue reading it but decided to because it was already started. The book was ok I gave it three stars. Maybe I should have done two. It only gets interesting towards the ending. I guess it just was nt my type of book.
Nicole
Aug 13, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I was glad to read that Dvonte had came around after the baby was born and wanted to be in his life. I'm also glad that Tempest and Geren were able to adopt Kensingtons baby Sydney.
Jetta
Mar 18, 2008 Jetta rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no
It was alright somewhat boring i cant't just start a book and not read it to the end......was not impressed with Zane in the book heard alot about her thought i would try it.
Marilyn Diamond
Nov 11, 2009 Marilyn Diamond rated it liked it
Will the real Author stand up. Zane at this point begin to loose me. Even though I was married I was not into the beginnings of the erotica.
Aisha
Jan 08, 2010 Aisha rated it did not like it
One of the worst books that I've ever read. I made sure to read it straight through to the end and it had absolutely no redeeming qualities.
Jessica
Sep 13, 2008 Jessica rated it really liked it
I walked into this one thinking I was going to get a happily ever after story, but boy was I wrong. Definately a good read for fun
Janet
Feb 27, 2011 Janet rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
My one complaint with this book is that it was billed as erotica and it is really a romance. Otherwise, Zane is a good storyteller.
Carrie
Jul 16, 2009 Carrie rated it it was ok
The Heat Seekers was ok but I must say that this book was quite "tamed" for Zane. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing!
Kt
Oct 07, 2008 Kt rated it liked it
It was a book that made you think of what these teenagers go through in life. Also, a very good book.
Jasmine
Dec 22, 2013 Jasmine rated it liked it
The characters annoyed me. Beyond ghetto and irritating.
  • Naughty or Nice
  • Soulmates Dissipate (Soulmates Dissipate, #1)
  • Thong on Fire: An Urban Erotic Tale
  • Player Haters
  • A Love of My Own
  • A Do Right Man
Zane is the New York Times bestselling author of Afterburn, The Heat Seekers, Dear G-Spot, Gettin’ Buck Wild, The Hot Box, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Nervous, Skyscraper, Love is Never Painless, Shame on It All, and The Sisters of APF; the ebook short stories “I’ll be Home for Christmas” and “Everything Fades Away”; and editor for the Flava anthology series, including Z-Rated and Busy Bodies. Her ...more
More about Zane...