Start by marking “The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)

The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country #2)

As a nurse-midwife in Amish country, Amber Bradley helps expectant mothers have their babies safely at home. But when Hope Springs' new doctor arrives, he insists all maternity patients deliver at a hospital. Amber is determined to show Dr. Phillip White that the Amish have a different way of life, one he needs to respect if he expects any patients at all. But even as he b
Published August 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor's Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor's Blessing

Janice Aitkens
Jun 10, 2016 Janice Aitkens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this on the kindle

A good book while it Amish set it not all Amish but it does tell of genetic disorders so a good read
Aug 17, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: THE DOCTOR’S BLESSING
Author: Patricia Davids
Publisher: Love Inspired
August 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-87613-6
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary

Amber Bradley is a nurse midwife in Amish country, helping Amish women to be able to deliver their babies safely at home. But when the new doctor arrives in Hope Springs, he is totally against home births and refuses to sign the release forms to allow her to do her job.

Dr. Phillip White is the grandson of the owner of the clinic, and he is there on a tempo
Janet Crandell
Aug 13, 2016 Janet Crandell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amish-fiction
First I wasn't crazy about the cover of the book. I decided to read it because I enjoy Amish books and I enjoy medical situations.

The book was very good though. I am glad I bought it. Once I started it, I was always trying to find time to finish the book. The story was well written and well developed and showed the complexities of treating the Amish in rural areas and the birth defect issues of marrying within a community. The characters were solid and the interactions believable.

Amber is a reg
Pamela
Jun 07, 2015 Pamela rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, e-read-2015
Loved this book and will read more in the series.

disclaimer - I am very familiar with nurse-midwifery deliveries and my only regret is NOT having a home delivery as there were issues with the hospital nursery staff trying to own my child both times, including interfering with the nursing process which in the case of the second child was not fully recovered.

This is age-old conflict as the mostly male dominated obstetricians try to make women conform to their expectation of average times and conve
Courage Knight
Oct 11, 2015 Courage Knight rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book except the cover. I thought the cover was rather amateurish, which surprised me. The baby isn't even part of the story, it's not wearing Amish clothes, nor is it dressed like a contemporary child, and looks like a terrible job of photo-shopping!

But that said, the author did a great job with the story! This is a wonderful romance. It's not really an Amish romance, because neither the hero nor the heroine is Amish, but they treat a largely Amish community. Phill
Brenda
Nov 10, 2014 Brenda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After reading 2 books from this series, there were well written and well thought out, I was disappointed in this book. While the writing was still top notch, I felt the relationship was forced and maybe even went too fast, there was no slow build to the attraction between the two leads, and while I like the book, it's definitely not going to one of my favorite's or anything I recommend to my friends.
Karen
Oct 11, 2014 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book deals with the issues of home births vs. hospital births. Amber, a nurse-mid-wife, has cousins and grandparents in the Amish community. She feels very strongly about the benefits of home births. Dr. Philip White, Dr. Harold White's grandson, is thoroughly opposed to home births and thinks the only place is the hospital...
Beth Moorhead
"As a nurse-midwife in Amish country, Amber Bradley helps expectant mothers have their babies safely at home. But when Hope Springs new doctor arrives, he insists all maternity patients deliver at a hospital." Midwifery and the simple life of the Amish have always interested me so if found this inspirational romance an enjoyable read .279p
patricia
Jun 15, 2012 patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this as an inexpensive e-book. However I enjoyed Patricia David's The Doctor's Blessing. If you like reading about the Amish, finding love you'll like this. The doctor comes to this small town because his grandfather was injured and it will leave grandfather's town with no doctor. It is a quick read, two sessions.
Maleah
Jun 19, 2012 Maleah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading Amish fiction so this book was already starting on a good foot. I can honestly say that it was a fun read. I liked the mixture of real life and Amish life together. The book teaches you about love, respect, midwifery. I really liked it. I think you'll enjoy it :).
Ruth F. Creamer
Oct 23, 2015 Ruth F. Creamer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The doctors blessing

This is a truly wonderful book. I plan to read the next one in this series as soon as possible. I have learned as lot about th ed amish from these books. I highly recommend these books to everyone.
Dianne
Nov 03, 2015 Dianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but seeing this book's cover made me hesitate about reading it. I don't like it at all and In my opinion it doesn't really suit the story.
Debbie West
Jul 27, 2014 Debbie West rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
can't wait to read the rest of the series but alas i have the 4th book and the library is closed so have to wait a while longer for book 3
Natalie
Jan 02, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, amish, kindle
This was good. I love the characters and plot. It is a clean read. I cannot wait to read more of the series.
Maggie Boyd
Jan 14, 2013 Maggie Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I thought this book was an interesting look at what it is like to practice medicine in an Amish community. Not so good a romance though
Lucy Bilik
Sep 16, 2010 Lucy Bilik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is wonderful feel good book. I liked the characters and could really relate to Amber. Would definitely recommend this easy reading love story!
Michelle Langenderfer
Michelle Langenderfer rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2011
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Darlene Melcher
Darlene Melcher rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Lorraine
Lorraine rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2015
Galen
Galen rated it liked it
May 17, 2012
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2014
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
MARTHA ROSS MEADORS
MARTHA ROSS MEADORS rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2014
Margaret G. Whitlock
Margaret G. Whitlock rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Joann
Joann rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014
Barbara Ritter
Barbara Ritter rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Miriam's Heart (Hannah's Daughters, #2)
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • Hills of Wheat (Amish of Lancaster #2)
  • An Amish Gathering: Life in Lancaster County
  • Spring's Renewal (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #2)
  • Rebecca's Return (Adams County, #2)
  • The Baby Promise
  • Sarah's Gift (Pleasant Valley, #4)
  • Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2)
  • A Cousin's Prayer (Indiana Cousins, #2)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish #1)
  • An Amish Family Reunion (Miller Family, #4)
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from
More about Patricia Davids...

Brides of Amish Country (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1)
  • An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)
  • The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4)
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
  • A Home for Hannah (Brides of Amish Country, #6)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Plain Admirer (Brides of Amish Country, #8)
  • Amish Christmas Joy (Brides of Amish Country, #9)
  • The Shepherd's Bride (Brides of Amish Country, #10)
  • The Amish Nanny (Brides of Amish Country, #11)

“Mammi Fisher fears you will become en alt” 0 likes