The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)

The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country #2)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  14 reviews

As a nurse-midwife in Amish country, Amber Bradley helps expectant mothers have their babies safely at home. But when Hope Springs' new doctor arrives, he insists all maternity patients deliver at a hospital. Amber is determined to show Dr. Phillip White that the Amish have a different way of life, one he needs to respect if he expects any patients at all. But even as he b...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor's Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor's Blessing

Title: THE DOCTOR’S BLESSING
Author: Patricia Davids
Publisher: Love Inspired
August 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-87613-6
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary

Amber Bradley is a nurse midwife in Amish country, helping Amish women to be able to deliver their babies safely at home. But when the new doctor arrives in Hope Springs, he is totally against home births and refuses to sign the release forms to allow her to do her job.

Dr. Phillip White is the grandson of the owner of the clinic, and he is there on a tempo...more
Debbie West
can't wait to read the rest of the series but alas i have the 4th book and the library is closed so have to wait a while longer for book 3
Beth Moorhead
"As a nurse-midwife in Amish country, Amber Bradley helps expectant mothers have their babies safely at home. But when Hope Springs new doctor arrives, he insists all maternity patients deliver at a hospital." Midwifery and the simple life of the Amish have always interested me so if found this inspirational romance an enjoyable read .279p
Cupoftea
I got this as an inexpensive e-book. However I enjoyed Patricia David's The Doctor's Blessing. If you like reading about the Amish, finding love you'll like this. The doctor comes to this small town because his grandfather was injured and it will leave grandfather's town with no doctor. It is a quick read, two sessions.
Maleah
I love reading Amish fiction so this book was already starting on a good foot. I can honestly say that it was a fun read. I liked the mixture of real life and Amish life together. The book teaches you about love, respect, midwifery. I really liked it. I think you'll enjoy it :).
Phyllis Swain
Nurse midwife works among the amish.
Lucy Bilik
This is wonderful feel good book. I liked the characters and could really relate to Amber. Would definitely recommend this easy reading love story!
Maggie Boyd
I thought this book was an interesting look at what it is like to practice medicine in an Amish community. Not so good a romance though
Natalie
This was good. I love the characters and plot. It is a clean read. I cannot wait to read more of the series.
Lynnea
I read this in one day - I just couldn't put it down. Semi-predictable but good still the same!
Rose
Very interesting book. I recommend it if you like reading Amish Fiction.
Anne
Another great Amish book by Patricia Davids!
PWRL
Sep 15, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Darla
Darla marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Jenni Shaw-olsen
Jenni Shaw-olsen marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Reba
Reba marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Jfb
Jfb added it
Aug 21, 2014
  • Miriam's Heart (Hannah's Daughters, #2)
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • Hannah's Dream (Hannah's Heart, #1)
  • An Amish Family Reunion
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • Along Wooded Paths (The Big Sky Series, #2)
  • An Amish Gathering: Life in Lancaster County
  • Autumn's Promise (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #3)
  • Summer of Secrets (Seasons of the Heart #1)
  • Beginnings (Sommerfield Trilogy #2)
  • The Search (Lancaster County Secrets, #3)
  • Where Grace Abides (The Riverhaven Years, #2)
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from...more
More about Patricia Davids...
Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1) An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3) The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5) The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4) A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)