The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)

The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country #2)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  198 ratings  ·  13 reviews

As a nurse-midwife in Amish country, Amber Bradley helps expectant mothers have their babies safely at home. But when Hope Springs' new doctor arrives, he insists all maternity patients deliver at a hospital. Amber is determined to show Dr. Phillip White that the Amish have a different way of life, one he needs to respect if he expects any patients at all. But even as he b...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2010)

Title: THE DOCTOR’S BLESSING
Author: Patricia Davids
Publisher: Love Inspired
August 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-87613-6
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary

Amber Bradley is a nurse midwife in Amish country, helping Amish women to be able to deliver their babies safely at home. But when the new doctor arrives in Hope Springs, he is totally against home births and refuses to sign the release forms to allow her to do her job.

Dr. Phillip White is the grandson of the owner of the clinic, and he is there on a tempo...more
Beth Moorhead
"As a nurse-midwife in Amish country, Amber Bradley helps expectant mothers have their babies safely at home. But when Hope Springs new doctor arrives, he insists all maternity patients deliver at a hospital." Midwifery and the simple life of the Amish have always interested me so if found this inspirational romance an enjoyable read .279p
Cupoftea
I got this as an inexpensive e-book. However I enjoyed Patricia David's The Doctor's Blessing. If you like reading about the Amish, finding love you'll like this. The doctor comes to this small town because his grandfather was injured and it will leave grandfather's town with no doctor. It is a quick read, two sessions.
Maleah
I love reading Amish fiction so this book was already starting on a good foot. I can honestly say that it was a fun read. I liked the mixture of real life and Amish life together. The book teaches you about love, respect, midwifery. I really liked it. I think you'll enjoy it :).
Phyllis Swain
Nurse midwife works among the amish.
Lucy Bilik
This is wonderful feel good book. I liked the characters and could really relate to Amber. Would definitely recommend this easy reading love story!
Maggie Boyd
I thought this book was an interesting look at what it is like to practice medicine in an Amish community. Not so good a romance though
Natalie
This was good. I love the characters and plot. It is a clean read. I cannot wait to read more of the series.
Lynnea
I read this in one day - I just couldn't put it down. Semi-predictable but good still the same!
Rose
Very interesting book. I recommend it if you like reading Amish Fiction.
Anne
Another great Amish book by Patricia Davids!
PWRL
Sep 15, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Nancy Westphall
Nancy Westphall marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Julianne Powers
Julianne Powers marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Megha Matenaer
Megha Matenaer marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Clara Troltenier
Clara Troltenier marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Amy Jo
Amy Jo added it
Jul 05, 2014
Theresa Puckett
Theresa Puckett marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
  • Miriam's Heart (Hannah's Daughters, #2)
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • Hannah's Dream (Hannah's Heart, #1)
  • An Amish Family Reunion
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • Along Wooded Paths (The Big Sky Series, #2)
  • An Amish Gathering: Life in Lancaster County
  • Autumn's Promise (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #3)
  • Summer of Secrets (Seasons of the Heart #1)
  • Beginnings (Sommerfield Trilogy #2)
  • The Search (Lancaster County Secrets, #3)
  • Where Grace Abides (The Riverhaven Years, #2)
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from...more
More about Patricia Davids...
Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1) An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3) The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5) The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4) A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)