Start by marking “The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)

The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country #2)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  16 reviews

As a nurse-midwife in Amish country, Amber Bradley helps expectant mothers have their babies safely at home. But when Hope Springs' new doctor arrives, he insists all maternity patients deliver at a hospital. Amber is determined to show Dr. Phillip White that the Amish have a different way of life, one he needs to respect if he expects any patients at all. But even as he b
Published August 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor's Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor's Blessing

Title: THE DOCTOR’S BLESSING
Author: Patricia Davids
Publisher: Love Inspired
August 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-87613-6
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary

Amber Bradley is a nurse midwife in Amish country, helping Amish women to be able to deliver their babies safely at home. But when the new doctor arrives in Hope Springs, he is totally against home births and refuses to sign the release forms to allow her to do her job.

Dr. Phillip White is the grandson of the owner of the clinic, and he is there on a tempo
Brenda
After reading 2 books from this series, there were well written and well thought out, I was disappointed in this book. While the writing was still top notch, I felt the relationship was forced and maybe even went too fast, there was no slow build to the attraction between the two leads, and while I like the book, it's definitely not going to one of my favorite's or anything I recommend to my friends.
Karen
This book deals with the issues of home births vs. hospital births. Amber, a nurse-mid-wife, has cousins and grandparents in the Amish community. She feels very strongly about the benefits of home births. Dr. Philip White, Dr. Harold White's grandson, is thoroughly opposed to home births and thinks the only place is the hospital...
Debbie West
can't wait to read the rest of the series but alas i have the 4th book and the library is closed so have to wait a while longer for book 3
Beth Moorhead
"As a nurse-midwife in Amish country, Amber Bradley helps expectant mothers have their babies safely at home. But when Hope Springs new doctor arrives, he insists all maternity patients deliver at a hospital." Midwifery and the simple life of the Amish have always interested me so if found this inspirational romance an enjoyable read .279p
patricia
I got this as an inexpensive e-book. However I enjoyed Patricia David's The Doctor's Blessing. If you like reading about the Amish, finding love you'll like this. The doctor comes to this small town because his grandfather was injured and it will leave grandfather's town with no doctor. It is a quick read, two sessions.
Maleah
I love reading Amish fiction so this book was already starting on a good foot. I can honestly say that it was a fun read. I liked the mixture of real life and Amish life together. The book teaches you about love, respect, midwifery. I really liked it. I think you'll enjoy it :).
Phyllis Swain
Nurse midwife works among the amish.
Lucy Bilik
This is wonderful feel good book. I liked the characters and could really relate to Amber. Would definitely recommend this easy reading love story!
Maggie Boyd
I thought this book was an interesting look at what it is like to practice medicine in an Amish community. Not so good a romance though
Natalie
This was good. I love the characters and plot. It is a clean read. I cannot wait to read more of the series.
Lynnea
I read this in one day - I just couldn't put it down. Semi-predictable but good still the same!
Rose
Very interesting book. I recommend it if you like reading Amish Fiction.
Anne
Another great Amish book by Patricia Davids!
PWRL
Sep 15, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Neal M. Klein
Neal M. Klein is currently reading it
Dec 15, 2014
Sheryl Gallup
Sheryl Gallup is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Amanda Applegate
Amanda Applegate marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Makala Finley
Makala Finley marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Gabriele Oltmann
Gabriele Oltmann marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Lidia
Lidia marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Nora Mason
Nora Mason marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
  • Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3)
  • Hannah's Dream (Hannah's Heart, #1)
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • An Amish Family Reunion
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • Hills of Wheat (Amish of Lancaster #2)
  • Along Wooded Paths (The Big Sky Series, #2)
  • Dear to Me (Brides of Webster County, #3)
  • The Bridge of Peace (Ada's House, #2)
  • Spring's Renewal (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #2)
  • The Search (Lancaster County Secrets, #3)
  • Love Finds You in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
  • The Baby Promise
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from
More about Patricia Davids...
Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1) An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3) The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5) A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7) The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4)