Start by marking “The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)

The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  234 ratings  ·  16 reviews

As a nurse-midwife in Amish country, Amber Bradley helps expectant mothers have their babies safely at home. But when Hope Springs' new doctor arrives, he insists all maternity patients deliver at a hospital. Amber is determined to show Dr. Phillip White that the Amish have a different way of life, one he needs to respect if he expects any patients at all. But even as he b
Published August 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor's Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor's Blessing

Title: THE DOCTOR’S BLESSING
Author: Patricia Davids
Publisher: Love Inspired
August 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-87613-6
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary

Amber Bradley is a nurse midwife in Amish country, helping Amish women to be able to deliver their babies safely at home. But when the new doctor arrives in Hope Springs, he is totally against home births and refuses to sign the release forms to allow her to do her job.

Dr. Phillip White is the grandson of the owner of the clinic, and he is there on a tempo
Brenda
After reading 2 books from this series, there were well written and well thought out, I was disappointed in this book. While the writing was still top notch, I felt the relationship was forced and maybe even went too fast, there was no slow build to the attraction between the two leads, and while I like the book, it's definitely not going to one of my favorite's or anything I recommend to my friends.
Karen
This book deals with the issues of home births vs. hospital births. Amber, a nurse-mid-wife, has cousins and grandparents in the Amish community. She feels very strongly about the benefits of home births. Dr. Philip White, Dr. Harold White's grandson, is thoroughly opposed to home births and thinks the only place is the hospital...
Debbie West
can't wait to read the rest of the series but alas i have the 4th book and the library is closed so have to wait a while longer for book 3
Beth Moorhead
"As a nurse-midwife in Amish country, Amber Bradley helps expectant mothers have their babies safely at home. But when Hope Springs new doctor arrives, he insists all maternity patients deliver at a hospital." Midwifery and the simple life of the Amish have always interested me so if found this inspirational romance an enjoyable read .279p
patricia
I got this as an inexpensive e-book. However I enjoyed Patricia David's The Doctor's Blessing. If you like reading about the Amish, finding love you'll like this. The doctor comes to this small town because his grandfather was injured and it will leave grandfather's town with no doctor. It is a quick read, two sessions.
Maleah
I love reading Amish fiction so this book was already starting on a good foot. I can honestly say that it was a fun read. I liked the mixture of real life and Amish life together. The book teaches you about love, respect, midwifery. I really liked it. I think you'll enjoy it :).
Phyllis Swain
Nurse midwife works among the amish.
Lucy Bilik
This is wonderful feel good book. I liked the characters and could really relate to Amber. Would definitely recommend this easy reading love story!
Maggie Boyd
I thought this book was an interesting look at what it is like to practice medicine in an Amish community. Not so good a romance though
Natalie
This was good. I love the characters and plot. It is a clean read. I cannot wait to read more of the series.
Lynnea
I read this in one day - I just couldn't put it down. Semi-predictable but good still the same!
Rose
Very interesting book. I recommend it if you like reading Amish Fiction.
Anne
Another great Amish book by Patricia Davids!
Jess
Quick read, great series.
PWRL
Sep 15, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
patricia herzog
patricia herzog marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Elisa Pittman
Elisa Pittman marked it as to-read
Libby Collier
Libby Collier marked it as to-read
Marcie Dark
Marcie Dark marked it as to-read
Pamela Collins
Pamela Collins is currently reading it
Jan 12, 2015
Michelle Forro
Michelle Forro is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2015
Darlene Britzius-nelson
Darlene Britzius-nelson marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Armani Rosario
Armani Rosario marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
  • Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3)
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • A Cousin's Challenge (Indiana Cousins, #3)
  • Hannah's Dream (Hannah's Heart, #1)
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • Plain Pursuit (Daughters of the Promise, #2)
  • A Marriage for Meghan (Wayne County, #2)
  • The Search (Lancaster County Secrets, #3)
  • Hills of Wheat (Amish of Lancaster #2)
  • The Bridge of Peace (Ada's House, #2)
  • Spring's Renewal (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #2)
  • The Baby Promise
  • Blessings (Sommerfield Trilogy, #3)
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from
More about Patricia Davids...

Brides of Amish Country (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1)
  • An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)
  • The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4)
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
  • A Home for Hannah (Brides of Amish Country, #6)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Plain Admirer (Brides of Amish Country, #8)
  • Amish Christmas Joy (Brides of Amish Country, #9)
  • The Shepherd's Bride (Brides of Amish Country, #10)
  • The Amish Nanny
Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1) An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3) The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5) A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7) The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4)