Start by marking “Shattered” as Want to Read:

Shattered (Ulysses Grove #3)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Finalist for ITW's 2008 Thriller Award in Best Paperback Original.

FBI profiler Ulysses Grove is sure he's this close to trapping a serial killer . . . but the killer is planning a gruesome surprise that will come far too close to home. . .

The Image Of Murder

The Mississippi Ripper likes to work in pairs--of victims. For every dead body laid to waste, a second one faces
Published December 1st 2007 by Pinnacle (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Shattered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered

The beginning grabbed me but I quickly lost interest in the whole mystical detective shtick. I gave up.
The perfect book for fans of continuity errors; there are too many of them to count. Also, the psychiatrist is blatantly unprofessional and unbelievable. The story idea is good. The execution is poor, though and the editor clearly phoned this one in.
I didn't realize this was book 3 in a series. It was very fast-paced, serial killer book. However, some things bothered me with this book. I'm not sure how I feel with FBI profilers and the supernatural blending in these types of books. It works well if written well such as John Connolly's Charlie Parker books. But I don't feel it works here. I found it hard to really connect with any of my characters. They felt like carboard cutouts. Not people I can get attached to. Also, in one scene the auth ...more
This book needs less emphasis on the race of the main character. Every chapter made a reference to his race, sometimes several times on the same page. While I applaud the use of a strong, successful black main character I felt like it was the entire focus of the book. I'm not sure I liked the author referring to the character's baby and mother both as being "nappy headed", but that's just me. The book itself was pretty good. There seemed to be an equal amount of suspense, fear, and surprise. I d ...more
I liked this book, it whizzed by pretty quickly, but I'm not sure I want read any more books about an investigator who solves cases just by having a psychic experience. It seems a bit of a lazy way to me, just to say "all of a sudden Grove had a vision, and he knew who the killer was". That's over simplifying things a bit, but it was that sort of thing, Also,I prefer a whodunnit, with the killer revealed at the end, not on page 20 or so.

Elizabeth Davidson
If you are a James Patterson fan, this is a good book for you. It reminded me a lot of James Patterson because of the story plot, and the writing. I am a James Patterson fan, so I loved it :)
A good read, decent character development and a good plot, nice twist. Also good psychology didn't overdo it but it was there to make the characters seem a little insightful and self aware.
Dawn Olson-Thorner
Slow at the beginning but really picked up about halfway through. Good finish to the book. Will definitely read one (or more) of the other books with the same characters.
Captivating... I stayed up and finished this the day I picked it up, it was so interesting...
a bit too much woo-wooo stuff for me. well written but unbelievable.
Sam Miller
Sam Miller marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Jeikei Leopoldo
Jeikei Leopoldo marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Flora May
Flora May marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Janice Gee
Janice Gee marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
T marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
mollie hogan
mollie hogan marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Kay Card
Kay Card marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Janet marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Barbara Bottomley
Barbara Bottomley marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Wanda marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The national best-selling author of ten acclaimed books – both fiction and non-fiction -- Jay Bonansinga has been called “one of the most imaginative writers of thrillers” by the Chicago Tribune.

Jay is the holder of a master's degree in film from Columbia College Chicago, and currently resides in Evanston, Illinois, with his wife and two sons. He is also a visiting professor at Northwestern Unive
More about Jay Bonansinga...

Ulysses Grove (4 books)
  • Frozen
  • Twisted
  • Perfect Victim
The Walking Dead: Just Another Day at the Office Sinking of the Eastland The Walking Dead: Descent Frozen Perfect Victim