Start by marking “Bleach, Volume 34: King of the Hill” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Volume 34: King of the Hill

Bleach, Volume 34: King of the Hill (Bleach #34)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  2,479 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Ichigo "Strawberry" Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts--he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow--a malevolent lost soul--Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his life to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace. Find out why Tite Kubo's Bleach has become an international manga smash-hit!

Published March 1st 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published July 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach, Volume 34, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach, Volume 34

Sophia F
M. Ashraf
The captains join the fight!!!
Zaraki 3:) Byakuya, the weird Kurotsuchi and the healer captain keep forgetting her name never seen her in an action fight so :/
They were great but you kindda feel strange :/ back in the first arc Ichigo mostly beat them all without using his hollow and now everyone could handle himself against an Espada and he wasn't :/
But after all they are our only hope to get out of this miss...
Oh igen! Ezt vártam már rég óta.
Akció, harc, új szereplők és még sorolhatnám.
Ken-chan végre megjelent. Imádom! Noitora olyan, mint ő. Mind a kettő őrült, és erős. Alig várom már, hogy lássam a harcukat.
És ott van, Byakuya! Az első számú kedvencem. Mint mindig, hideg és megfontolt, ehhez hozzájön az arroganciája is. Az ő harca érdekes volt, bár nem vártam mást. A 7. espada alig szerepelt, de nincs is ezzel nagyobb gondom, mert ő az utolsó az espada népszerűségi listámon.
Byakuya most is megmutatta
Youhou, la cavalerie est enfin arrivée! Et c'est reparti pour un tour de combat avec les même espadas, mais cette fois, Ichigo et ses amis ont l'aide des shinigamis, leurs anciens ennemis...
Donc en gros, maintenant que les espadas ont à peu près massacré toute la bande d'Ichigo, on reprend les même méchant, à qui on offre de nouveau adversaire, pour reproduire exactement la même chose que dans les tomes précédents, sauf que cette fois, les espadas vont peut-être enfin être vaincu.

En bref, une su
It is probably too shallow to concentrate on Nel's 'transformation' but crikey, they cannot be biologically and physiologically possible or probable, but there you go. Anyway, I must confess I didn't follow most of what was going on in this volume, but we are winning. I think.
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do feel
14 December 2012

Rating: * * * * 1/2

Four words:

(view spoiler)
I really enjoyed this volume and that's a problem.

Given that it was teased in Volume 33, it's not really a spoiler to say that the Soul Society intervenes to help Ichigo and his crew in their fight against the Espadas.

And their involvement brings joy and fun back to the book. They have real personalities and foibles and the Espadas are all the paler by comparison. There's no agenda for the Espadas; they're just flat villains with quirky abilities.

So yes, I'm glad that the Captains are back and
Coral Davies
awesome and brutal. they way certain characters were finished off was horrible and cruel. very interesting.
Weston Black
Hate cover but love the book.
Rea K
Right. Do you ever read something or watch something where the lead characters fight the scary bad guys and barely win, and then later when the scary bad guys fight an opponent that's tougher and scarier than they are and the former scary bad guys are having some trouble? Makes you kinda wonder how the lead characters managed to win the first time. If the former scary bad guys pull new tricks out of their sleeves, I can't help but wonder why they were pulling punches the last time.
A great read. :D
Sarah Hayes
I don't usually hand out five star ratings to volumes of BLEACH but this one deserves it. Kubo manages to balance the different fights running concurrently with relative ease, and no battle is short-changed. The Byakuya vs Zommari fight is especially brilliant as is Renji/Uryuu/Mayuri vs Nnoitora (although it gets a bit gross near the end of the volume). It seems like things will really be moving ahead in the next volume - perhaps out of Hueco Mundo even? One can hope.
La Revistería Comics
Tomo 34 de Bleach.
Las tetazas del rey de la matanza.
I am almost done with this one to and what the hell how is Nel going to turn back in to a little girl at the last minute. It's a good thing kenpachi interferred or else ichigo would be dead.
Nike Linarto
I really don't understand why Mayuri-sama has won against that Zzayel Apporo "mad scientist" Arrancar.. could anyone explain it to me... =.=
Love to see Kenpachi-sama back ^o^
Lawrence Lee
This book is just amazing. Surprising how Ichigo was saved by a girl again. Although in the beginning, I didn't think that aizen turn out to be so evil.
Entertaining and much better when read instead of the 10-20 episodes of the TV show that this covered. I exagerate but not by much.
I love Bleach!!!! I got this manga for my birthday and I screamed so loud I couldn't talk for a week!
*:.。. o()o .。.:*
Rachel (Sfogs)
Nell is soooo awesome!
and the battle of the scientists!! Mayuri is scary, but amazing.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 25 September 2010.
Richard Tran
The battle moves to a new stage as the Captains show up to fight the Espadas.
Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats)
Aug 09, 2015 Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Migandas
We start off this volume with Chapter 296: Changed Again and Again.
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 51 巻ノ五十一
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 71 books)
  • Bleach, Vol. 1: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1)
  • Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2)
  • Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3)
  • Bleach Volume 04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Bleach #4)
  • Bleach Volume 05: Right Arm of the Giant (Bleach #5)
  • Bleach Volume 06: The Death Trilogy Overture (Bleach #6)
  • Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach #7)
  • Bleach Volume 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)
  • Bleach Volume 09: Fourteen Days for Conspiracy (Bleach #9)
  • Bleach Volume 10: Tattoo on the Sky (Bleach #10)