Start by marking “Touched by Angels” as Want to Read:
Touched by Angels

Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere #3)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  1,017 ratings  ·  76 reviews
New York City is alwaysin need of miracles . . .

And this Christmas is no exception. Thank heavens the divinely inspired, if somewhat ditsy, angelic trio—Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy—is availableto answer three heartfelt prayers this sacred holiday season . . . and to impart important lessons along the way. And Goodness knows (as do Mercy and Shirley) that the three lonely
Published September 29th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Touched by Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touched by Angels

Hsiau Wei
Three angels was assigned to three young women; Goodness, Mercy and Shirley was to take care of Brynn, Hannah and Jenny. Each of these young ladies have their own challenges and predicament. Being an angel, Goodness, Mercy and Shirley is not to allow to intervene in these ladies’ life and at the same time to make their prayers come true.
Brynn has determine to make a difference in her student life and to encourage them to achieve their dreams. Being in a poverty stricken neighbourhood, it is eas
New York City is always in need of divine intervention and this holiday season finds the always inspired and somewhat impulsive angels, Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy answering three heart heartfelt prayers …and teaching some important lessons along the way. And Goodness, along with Mercy and Shirley, know all three women have a lot to learn.

Brynn, a dedicated inner-city teacher, wants to make a difference in her troubled student’s lives; she wants them to learn to dream.

Hannah needs to learn to f
Rosa Cline
Ms Macomber found herself in this one... The first book I read in this series was book #4 and loved it, so started with book 1. Although book 1 and 2 were good they weren't as good as book 4 and the air about them were a bit different. BUT this book was very nice! Although the middle seemed to kind of 'got stuck' and the ending was hurried up until the end I would have given this a 5 star rating but the end was hurried into one chapter after being dragged out for about 10. But still a good book. ...more
It was a great group of stories. It was a fun read. The optimism of the author lifted my hopes.
Another cozy read. These are great for those times when you need a good ending.
Brynn, Hannah, and Jenny all have dreams. Brynn is a teacher who dreams of making a difference in her students' lives, even if Roberto Alcantara thinks she is in over her head. Hannah is so used to following her parents' wishes that she is engaged to one man, Carl, while in love with another, Joshua. Small-town girl Jenny's dreams of becoming a star on Broadway are growing dimmer by the day and she misses her family - and Trey LaRue. All three must learn to follow their hearts and they'll have s ...more
Debbie Macomber is a favorite of mine and I was so excited to read this book at Christmas time on my vacation. I didn't realize that this was part of a series and series always hook me so I may read some of the others. Basically there were three stories in this book, one for each angel. Only one disappointed me- the one about the teacher, Brynn. As I read that one I noticed way too many parallels with the movie Dangerous Minds. The plot wasn't similar it was almost exact. One of the student's na ...more
The 3 angels, Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are back in New York right at Thanksgiving time. They each have to see that prayers are answered, with orders from Archangel Gabriel, NOT to get into trouble this Christmas season. The ending of the book is good as we learn what happens to the 3 assignments in the years to come. This is a "feel good" book that is easy to read and makes you want to feel angel wings around you.
Jan Mcleod
The 3 angels, Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, are at it again -in New York this time. Their assignments almost prove too much for them, but banding together they get the jobs done. Entertaining.
April Suter
Shirley, Goodness and Mercy have several prayers requests that must be met by Christmas Day: Brynn, Hannah and Jenny. Brynn is a new teacher in NYC, many challenges in the classroom and her lovelife. Hannah, a good Jewish daughter wants to follow her parents' plan and marry Carl, but this handsome man she met at the parade is all she can think about. Jenny, a dancer/singer, is waiting for her big break, or waiting for that handome cowboy from back home? And in true angel style they discuss at th ...more
A fun read. Love the names of the angels. Unfortunately, the reader (I 'read' an audiobook) was terrible at the New York Jewish accent.
Meh... This was okay in so far that it was readable but the story was too cutesy for me. I wanted to read it because it was sent to me but I wouldn't search out the other two in the series. If you need something light and fluffy to read, this is perfect!
Charity Perez
I love all Debbie Macomber books. She has my from begging to end and always leaving me wanting more.
Enjoyed the antics of the 3 Angels. Very relaxing read.
Feb 01, 2014 Relyn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: love story fans
Shelves: 2013-reread
I read Shirley, Goodness,and Mercy stories every few Christmas. They are sweet Christmas love stories.
Cindy Kester
Debbie Macomber never disappoints me!
Love her Christmas books!
Wonderful story done in Debbie's s great style.
Love love love these angel stories.
This series is a feel good series and can pull your heart strings. However so far this book in the series pulls the heartstrings more than the others. It was a tearjerker in places.
Edith Matsuyama
If you are looking for a feel good book than these Angel books with Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy are the ones to read.
Cheryl Crigger
Very good book. Love Shirley, Goodness & Mercy.
Sweet and funny...
I really enjoyed these books in audio CD format. Enjoyable stories that kept me awake while driving. Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, where up to their antics again, but really had their work cut out for them, answering three prayers in New York City. If you like touching stories with a "happily ever after", then this book is for you.
This is the story of three mischievous angels, sent to New York near Christmas time by Gabriel to answer the fervent prayers of three lonly women and impart important lessons to them as well. The angels usually interpret the Arcangel Gabriel's instructions to suit their needs and it makes for a charming, heartfelt story.
Fun, clean, light read. It was fun to travel around Manhattan and dive into the lives of our 3 lucky New Yorkers receiving help from angels, Shirley, Mercy, and Goodness. I didn't expect it but I found myself in tears at one time and was genuinely pulling for lead characters at other times. Was sad when the story ended.
Eiju adnan
Aug 07, 2013 Eiju adnan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Very good story, inspiring. And very good ending for hannah, brynn, and jenny. But to reflect on Islam, we should know that Allah the Almighty can do everything to change us n the qada' and qadar for us is set even before we know it. Everything happen to us has wisdom behind it... Thumbs up!
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • On Christmas Eve
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • An O'Brien Family Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #8)
  • All Is Calm: A Lonestar Christmas Novella
  • The Christmas Clock
  • The Christmas Witness (The Morgan Brothers #3)
  • A Season of Miracles
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • Born to Exile
  • The Billion Dollar Boy
  • Christmas Jars Reunion
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6)
  • A Winter Dream
  • The Christmas Promise (Christmas Hope, #4)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Wild Mint Tea (A Farm Fresh Romance #2)
  • Christmas at Harrington's

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Angels Everywhere (7 books)
  • A Season of Angels (Angels Everywhere, #1)
  • The Trouble with Angels (Angels Everywhere #2)
  • Shirley, Goodness and Mercy (Angels Everywhere, #4)
  • Those Christmas Angels (Angels Everywhere, #5)
  • Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere, #6)
  • Angels at the Table (Angels Everywhere, #7)

“A woman who would make his dreams hers and allow him to be part of hers. One who was kind and gentle. Loving and tender. Sensible.” 1 likes
“Carried on the brisk winds of faith, guided by devotion, navigated by love, it arrived fresh and bright at the very feet of the Archangel Gabriel.” 0 likes