Start by marking “How to Win Over Depression” as Want to Read:
How to Win Over Depression

How to Win Over Depression

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This classic best-seller, which describes the causes of and cure for depression, has been completely revised and updated to reflect the changes in the understanding and treatment of depression in the last two decades.
Published August 30th 2009 by Zondervan (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about How to Win Over Depression, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Win Over Depression

Kim♥
Mar 12, 2008 Kim♥ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs to know the cure for depression.
Shelves: christian-life
This book really ministered to me when I was in the depths of my depression. I even bought a few to give away. Looking through the book now, I really wish I had taken it more seriously and heeded the advice in it sooner.

My only complaint is I didn't really care for the chapter that lists common cures for depression, such as antidepressants because it needs to be updated and reiterated that abiding in Christ and walking in the Spirit is the only true cure for depression.

For those who are struggl
Stevie
Talks about self-pity being the cause of depression. Biggest take away is to give thanks in all situations anticipating God’s ultimate deliverance, His assurance to supply all your needs as you go through problems, and that He will cause all things to work out for your good and His Glory!
Tiffany
This book was awful. I wanted REAL answers for depression, not just obvious shit that any common person could spew.

This book was very centered around Christianity, which rather bugged the living hell out of me. I do consider myself a Christian, I have a personal relationship with God, etc. etc. But everything this book was preaching felt like listening to a dry, phony pastor preach for 3 hours about things that were seemingly rehearsed. Like, yeah, okay, God is the answer, Jesus is the answer, o
Ragy Nekhela
It's a great book. Talking about Depression, so true that you can use it in your everyday life to see and judge yourself about the way you think and how do you see yourself. And you can find out why you are able to go on depression because of the way you think and it's JUST the way you think, not the circumstances or even not your abilities. That book is a must read as all of us must have experienced - more or less - depression in our lives and by that book, you can find out why does that happen ...more
Terri
Feb 21, 2008 Terri rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
Shelves: self-help-books
This book was recommend by friend past years gave me idea and to read it. It change my life around when I had depression year and half ( 2005-6) this is most helpful book.
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Amanda Faulkner
Amanda Faulkner marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Trina
Trina marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Niang Naulak
Niang Naulak marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Sonia Martinez
Sonia Martinez marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Sherri
Sherri added it
Jan 21, 2015
Carrie Little
Carrie Little marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Richard L. Neal
Richard L. Neal marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Saeed Alketbi
Saeed Alketbi marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Michelle Blake
Michelle Blake marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Ann Millar
Ann Millar marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Rebecca Esmail
Rebecca Esmail marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Adele Beck
Adele Beck marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Nigel Sinon
Nigel Sinon marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kathy Stathis
Kathy Stathis marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Darlene Dockhorn
Darlene Dockhorn marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Tushar
Tushar marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Timothy "Tim" F. LaHaye is an American evangelical Christian minister, author, and speaker, best known for the Left Behind series of apocalyptic fiction, which he co-wrote with Jerry B. Jenkins.

He has written over 50 books, both fiction and non-fiction.
More about Tim F. LaHaye...
Left Behind (Left Behind, #1) Tribulation Force (Left Behind, #2) Nicolae (Left Behind, #3) Soul Harvest: The World Takes Sides (Left Behind, #4) Apollyon (Left Behind, #5)