The Rich Girl (Fear Street, #44)

The Rich Girl (Fear Street #44)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  845 ratings  ·  67 reviews

Fear Street -- Where Your Worst Nightmares Live...

Emma and her best friend Sydney always share their secrets. And now they have a big one: They found a duffel bag filled with cash and swore never to tell anyone. But Sydney broke her promise -- she told her boyfriend, Jason.

Now Emma is terrified. She doesn't trust Jason. She knows he would do anything to get the money

Mass Market Paperback, 132 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by Simon Pulse (first published 1997)

The Betrayal by R.L. StineHalloween Party by R.L. StineThe Wrong Number by R.L. StineThe Second Evil by R.L. StineFirst Evil by R.L. Stine
Best Fear Street Book
21st out of 53 books — 82 voters
Don't Go To Sleep! by R.L. StineMoonlight Secrets by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. StineMidnight Games by R.L. StineThe Confession by R.L. Stine
R.L. Stine
61st out of 114 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Eleanor
Good old Fear Street series, how I loved thee! In fact, me and my three besties loved it so much we turned one of the books into a radio show for an English assignment back in high school. I can't remember which one it was now, but it was about a psycho and someone who gets put into the boot of a car and everyone elses' generic description is just "scared follower sheep".* I know that could potentially refer to at least 30% of the Fear Street installments... but it isn't this one.

This one is abo...more
Kyla Crowley
Oh my god, you guys. The most epic Fear Street so far. I tore through this in about an hour, from 9:30 to 10:30. Wow.

Moral of the Story: RL Stine is a fucking badass.

Gaping Plot Holes: Who the fuck cares? This one is amazeballs.

Body Count: 1 : Jason, Sydney's boyfriend

Usual Suspect(s): Jason

Actual Suspect(s): I can't spoil it here this time!! Read on below.

Plot: Meet Sydney and Emma. They are best friends who work at a movie theater. I don't know if RL Stine has ever worked at a movie theater, b...more
Sandy Wang
Karina
Jul 14, 2009 Karina added it
This book is about two best friends named Sydney and Emma that find a bag full of money abandon in a trash can. They both promised each other that they wouldn't tell anyone that they had found money. But Sydney broke the promise and told her boyfriend Jason. Ever since Sydney told Jason he tried to kill Emma in order for him to get the money.At the end Emma ended up dead and Sydney and Jason decided to get all the money. That same day they went shopping and Sydney got an expensive coat. She went...more
Fachrina
Sam
I am not going to write a review for R.L Stine's books because I would never want to spoil it to anyone. Just know that this is brilliant, like every other book that he wrote. His own version of horror stories is unlike every other story out there that frightens their viewers by creating monsters with vicious faces who eats people’s faces and stuff. He creates dread and terror by making situations that you would never want to occur. Real scenarios that would make you writhe in your seat with jus...more
Deloryn
There's always an unexpected ending in r.l Stine books but all of them would be a surprising ending but when i found out the money that they found was fake it just made me laugh.
Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)
The premise of The Rich Girl is much better than the actual book. I love R.L. Stine and his Fear Street books, as you know, but this was not his best - at least in my opinion. It was over dramatic to the point of annoying actually. The way the plot moved along was completely unrealistic to me. Emma and Sydney find a duffle bag full of money. While Emma wants to keep the money, Sydney is hesitant but finally gives in and agrees to keep it, on one condition: they must bury it and not spend any of...more
Charlee Alsup
Dajhauna
i Think this was a great book for anyone who likes drama & mystery . This book was about a girl named emma and her friend Sydney who found money , ALOT of money ! Even though Emma told Sydney that they wouldnt tell anyone , Sydney told her boyfriend anyway . After telling her boyfriend Jason , Emma eventually finds out he knows , he starts to act suspicious ! Weird things start to happen to Emma . She got pushed down the stairs and much worst ! Emma starts to realize and think that jason wan...more
Fen Fen
I love the beginning & the half of the story, but very dissapointed with the ending :(
however, this book had a very good moral story :
Don't be too trusting & too kind to everyone near you,
include your bestfriend & boyfriend.
Because they can backstabbed & utilize you without your knowledge
Kaithe
This book was...omg...there's no way to explain it whatsoever. The book is just...amazing. It's quite interesting going back and reading these type of books. BUT you get a taste of expecting a LOT of things, but realizing, that your expectations aren't exactly what happens.
Drucilla
There are only two good things about this book. It's a great read from a psychological point of view and I like how it's the main character's boyfriend that's untrustworthy. Usually, it's the 'friend's'. Other than that, this book just made me depressed. First off, the description on the back of the book makes it hard to determine who is the main character in the beginning. Secondly, I wish we learned something about where the duffle bag came from. Most of all, the book's ending is just depressi...more
Cory
Emma and Syndey are best friends for a while. One day they find a duffel bag filled with money. The may seem like a good thing at first. It cause many problems towards them. They swear to each other never to tell anyone. Syndey told her boyfriend. Later we find out Syndey's boyfriend Jason was having an affair with Emma. Jason acts very greedy and does many things. Emma's mom needed an operation so they got the money away from Syndey but the money was fake.

This book was a good book overall but I...more
Asti Harahap
Mystery stories always attract me. This novel tells about friendship between Emma and Sydney. They are bestfriends. But sometimes...yeah, money can change everything. Even friendship. When Emma and Sydney accidentaly found a bag contained with thousands of dollars, they swore to each other to not telling people about their finding until they heard news about whose the bag belonged to. Sydney got very anxious because of their finding and finally she told this to her boyfriend, Jason. Actually, Em...more
Julie_ian_curtis
idk why this is called the rich girl she isnt rich. anyway. not one of my fav fear street but one of the best endings.
Henry
Emma and her friend Sydney found a bag full of money in a dumpster. They promised to keep this a secret. But Sydney told her boyfriend. Emma didn't feel comfortable about this. Strange things were happening to her and Sydney. They almost got into a car accident after Sydney's boyfriend, Jason fixed Sydney's car. Throughout the book, Jason plot schemes to take all the money for himself.

This is a great book for horror fans. I liked this book because the ending is very surprising and very unpredi...more
Jeff
I really enjoy reading this book. It got a very interesting storyline. There are some part that is scary and some part that is about romance and love.
Sammy
I still couldn't believe it!! Just because of money, Emma could turn her best friend into a metal person. At first, I could tell that Jason is not dead yet but I couldn't believe the fact that Emma helps Jason to scary Sydney like that. I finished the book last night and I couldn't sleep until hours later. I really like all the books from R.L.Stine, even thought that I freak out every time I read her book but I still like it. Even thought this book is really good but I think Baby Sister is still...more
Alex
I remember this not being a favorite of mine as a kid, but I actually enjoyed reading it now. Some of the Fear Streets I've been re-reading lately are almost painful to read because of the constant repetition and crappy writing, but this one wasn't nearly as bad. It didn't have stellar writing by any means of course, but it was decent.

I've always loved the ending of this book! Fear Street books had some of the best twists and this one is no exception.
Emily
It's amazing how this man can take one little issue that happens to teenagers and create a whole scary showdown involving ghosts and blood and death. It's like, jeez. But I guess rich girls are to be envied by many people. Especially if they are snobs. Then we want to see something bad happen to them because they are rich and selfish and don't give anything to anyone because they don't think they have to. Whoo....little bit of a rant there.
Sammy
May 01, 2008 Sammy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anybody
One day Emma and Sydney found a bag full of cash. They always kept this secret to themselves, but then Sydney told her boyfriend Jason. Jason now wants all the money and he will do anything to get to the money. He nearly kills Sydney. But Sydney's quick thinking had only kept her running for a little bit. She hits him in the back of the head with a shovel. She think hes did, but the truth is that he isn't.
Kasi Lou
I started reading this book on 08/20/2009. I finished this book on 08/21/2009.

Yes, going back to my teenage years. I use to love R.L. Stine and I really wanted something light and easy to read and this was definately it. I read it all in 1 day! I loved it when I was a teen but now it was predictable. I still liked it though. And I'll read more of his books when I want something light and easy.
Victoria Renne
OMG!!THIS BOOK IS AMAZING I READ IT IN 5TH GRADE.THESE TWO GIRLS FIND A PURSE FULL OF MONEY.THEN ONE OF THE GIRLS R L8T 4 A STUDY DATE HER BF ASKS WHERE HAVE U BEEN. THEN SHE BREAKS DOWN AND TELLS HIM ME AND A FRIEND FOUND A PURSE FULL OF MONEY AND HE WANTS TO KILL HER FRIEND SO HE CAN GET A SHARE!READ TO FIND OUT MORE.
Mary
Well this book is really confusing because at first things are normal.Then suddenly a huge amount of cash is found and friends become rivals because they want the money and one of them tells her boyfriend and.Thats when things get even worst because her boyfriend is becoming selfish and obsess to obtain the money!!!!!!!al to himself
Autumn Cook
Sofia
It wasn't bad at all, however I think it shows a message: you can't trust in anything you see, you will always need to do research to see if it actually the truth and look out for yourself no matter what. In the end I thought it was so mean, because one of the girls ended up in a really bad shape in an asylum.
Leah Van Tassel
emma and sydneyfinds a bag with a buntch of money in it. sydneys boyfriend jason wants the money all for himself. so he almost killed her. so she buries the money but then jason comes. she hits he in the back of the head with a shovel and throws him in the lake. Does he come back to life?
Tony
May 06, 2008 Tony added it
Just like every other fear street book, good. Emma and Sydney, best friends find something im sure everyone would want to find. they find a bag filled with money! they promised to not say a thing but sydney tells her boy friend. How will it be split? what will they do to keep the money?
Richelle Robinson
This is where it all started for me! I loved reading rl stine when i was younger. so i had to take a trip down memory lane. i read the book in an hr. its funny when i was younger it would take me awhole week. my how time flies. typical r.l. stine book too old for him anymore lol
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Weekend
  • Fatal Secrets (Point Horror, #24)
  • Final Exam
  • The Stalker
  • The Perfume

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)