Start by marking “Farewell But Not Goodbye” as Want to Read:
Farewell But Not Goodbye

Farewell But Not Goodbye

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The autobiography of Sir Bobby Robson, a former international footballer for England who has become one of the most widely respected managers in the World game. In addition to managing England in two World Cups, Sir Bobby has also taken charge of numerous clubs including Barcelona, Newcastle United, PSV Eindhoven, Ipswich Town, Sporting Lisbon and Porto.
Published July 27th 2005 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Farewell But Not Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farewell But Not Goodbye

M.G. Mason
I'm not a great fan of biographies. Seriously, far too many non-entities these days are spewing the events of their event-less lives into books. Clearly, Sir Bobby Robson does not fit that description and I read this keenly to find out what he had to say about his time as England manager, what he thought of Maradona after "that" incident and the events surrounding his time as manager of Newcastle United.

This autobiography, poignantly named "Farewell, but not goodbye" was written shortly after he
Lee
Any soccer fan or coach should be interested in the career of Sir Bobby Robson. A native of the North-East of England, Sir Bobby Robson has coached at some of the biggest soccer clubs in the world.

Not only does this book offer life-lessons, it also delves into Sir Bobby's mindset as a player and offers an insight into his considerably talented coaching brain.

A thoroughly enjoyable book and my respect for Sir Bobby has risen considerably after only reading eight chapters. A Sir by name, a Sir by
Julia Hughes
In stark contrast to the other England manager's autobiography, (El Tel) this book is all about football. Bobby Robson lived and breathed the game. In my mind he is and will remain one of the greatest managers, the knowledge and insight he brought with him makes every other manager look like a schoolkid trying to act as though they're grown up.
The suits at Lancaster Gate should hang their heads in shame at the way they treated one of their greatest assets. That towards the end of his life, Bobb
Sze Chao
Life story of an honourable man who's brought the best football to Newcastle in my time as a fan. Wonderful read, highly recommended for any football fan.

Sir Bobby is a down-to-earth, role-model professional all footballers should aspire to emulate.

This book has taught me luck definitely plays a part in success, but one needs to strike it lucky through hardwork. Some people are just fortunate enough to be doing the thing they love most as their work.
Zang Chowdhury
Honest, moving and that far removed from the current tossers of modern day football. from the Baggies to Barcelona, the highs of England and his battle with cancer. Great read, great bloke.
Wayne
Fantastic book about one of the very few true gents that have graced the game. A real legend that will be sorely missed by football fans around the world
Simon Burke
A great autobiography from one of my favorite ever people, written not too long before he died.
Darren Keighley
An amazing read by an amazing man.
Mike S
Fantastic book
Dave Kettle
H'way the lads man!
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Rahul Jaisinghani
Rahul Jaisinghani marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Nick Brown
Nick Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Samuel
Samuel marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Andy_r1989
Andy_r1989 marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
My Autobiography: An Englishman Abroad Bobby Robson: Farewell But Not Goodbye - My Autobiography Newcastle: My Kind of Toon Time On The Grass Bobby Robson: Farewell but not Goodbye - My Autobiography