Start by marking “Ghost Moon” as Want to Read:
Ghost Moon

Ghost Moon (Bone Island #3)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  2,540 ratings  ·  149 reviews

Reclusive collector Cutter Merlin is seldom seen in Key West--lately, not at all. Officer Liam Beckett visits Merlin's curious house and discovers the gentleman in his study. In his death grip: a volume of occult lore and a reliquary. His eyes are wide with fright, his mouth a horrified rictus where spiders now dwell.
Kelsey Donovan returns to the old house to catalog her
Published September 1st 2010 by Mira Books (first published August 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Moon

Kristin
I liked this one a little more than the 2nd. I still figured out a lot of it half way through. I thought the ending was too rushed. I can't figure out why Bartholomew only got a half of a page at the end. He was my favorite part of all 3 books.
Watson
Wow. I bought this book at the airport, and my first impression prompted me to look up the author information to figure out how this person ever got published. Author of "more than a hundred novels"? Yikes. To be honest, I never finished the book. I found it unreadable. There may be an interesting story in there somewhere, judging by the praise other reviews here have heaped on the thing, but I couldn't find it. All I found was a painfully juvenile writing style, lacking in sophistication and an ...more
~Megan~
This one wasn't quite as creepy as the first two in the series. Things took a more serious tone here, delving into Satanic rituals and whatnot. Although this one wasn't as creepy, I think I liked the romance between Liam and Kelsey best of the three. It was just too sweet, and made my sappy heart happy. Great series, especially for audio!
Helena
Heather Graham’s novels seem so much like her: full of life, vibrant and a good friend. So it’s no surprise that Ghost Moon lives up to reader expectations of this prolific author. While I hadn’t read the previous two novels in this trilogy, I had no problem following its thread as Heather deftly weaves the tale bringing readers up to date as they fasten their seatbelts for a ride through the unusual.
Ghost Moon is the 3rd in the Graham’s Bone Island Trilogy. This novel skillfully combines parano
Y
Tiffany Higgins
(excerpt from my blog post http://tiffany-a-higgins-book-reviews...)

First of all, I have been posting how close to certain that I was that I had flushed out the killer early on. Boy was I ever wrong! I had not predicted that the truly guilty party actually had any part in it whatsoever. I was pleased to find that Graham had thoroughly steered me wrong with all her clues and insight. I guarantee I went exactly where she wanted her readers to go.

The book is a nail biter, keeping the reader on the
Alice
*This is a review of the entire Bone Island Trilogy*

I promised myself no more Heather Graham after last year's ultra-disappointing "Flynn Brothers" trilogy. But I caved, yet again. As always, the premise of the book sucked me in. I had no expectations and thought this might be something light to read while recovering from an illness. I was actually pleasantly surprised. "Ghost Shadow" is genuinely creepy, even if the killer is somewhat obvious. The second book in the trilogy, "Ghost Night" is th
Vennie
This book, part of Heather Graham's Bone Island trilogy, is a real pleasure to read. Easy going, yet filled with suspense and history.

Set in Key West and dealing with the history of the island. The story is amazing in such a gentle way and easy way.

The reclusive old gentleman who has lived on the Island his entire life has not been seen around town in quite awhile. This draws the attention of Liam Beckett, the town sheriff. When he goes to see the old man (Cutter Merlin) he finds Cutter dead at
Shelly
A good book to end the series. I thought this book was more suspenseful than the other two in the series. I figured out who did it, but not until almost the end. I also liked that Bartholomew got a proper send off. The only irritating thing was the way Liam and Kelsey' s relationship proceeded. You leave when you are a teen, don't talk to the person for 10 Years, and on the 2nd day back you are in love? Seemed rushed to me.
Katy
Heather Graham writes books that are down-right spooky. I keep telling myself I really don't have to read them; HOWEVER, I am always there, ready to read what she's written.

Cutter Merlin hadn't been seen for several weeks, so local cop Liam goes to see about him. He finds the old man dead, and has benn for several weeks. The local coroner tells Liam the old man had the same look on his face that the deceased's daughter had when SHE died, that of being frightened to death Now Liam has to notify K
Betty
Well read audio book, sorry I had not read the two previous books. I found it interesting because I have lived near Key West and could relate to the characters. A short audio book worth listening to.
Jill
I was surprised to find out this book was a romance, thinking it was just going to be a good old ghost mystery. But the good news is the "romance" part wasn't too heavy so that was OK. Since it took me 7 weeks to read it, it wasn't a "page turner" by any means. I did keep picking it up and reading because I wanted to find out "who did it". It was easy to read and could easily be read in a couple of days if you put forth any effort. A read on the beach book where it is easy to doze in between cha ...more
Ursula Gorman
The final in the trilogy and a nice wrap up to the story of several friends that have appeared throughout the trilogy.
I was a little disappointed that the previous 'main characters' in the first two books weren't involved a little more in the final book, but the story was still good.
There was still a lot of mystery and romance involved, and a touch of the paranormal sprinkled throughout the story.
I have not had the pleasure of reading the first installment of the trilogy, which is something I h
Brick ONeil
Heather Graham does it a final time in the last of this serial mystery triad. My personal favorite character is back, Bartholomew the ghostly Privateer, this time hanging with Liam, an officer in Key West.

There's a purportedly haunted house in which the owner is found dead at his desk, complete with a fright of terror! In comes the long lost daughter, Kelsey Donovan, to see to his last will and testament is carried out and stake her claim. Others have also staked a claim, but not in a court of l
Patricia
Ten years ago, Kelsey Donovan’s mother fell down the staircase of their Key West home. Although she had died of a broken neck, there was a look of terror on her face – widely open eyes, mouth wrenched into a rictus of fear – that far transcended the momentary fear of falling.

Now, Kelsey’s maternal grandfather has been found dead in a chair, with a reliquary, a shotgun and a book on the black arts in his hand. And he also has that exact same look of terror on his face as did his daughter.

Liam Bec
Beverly
This was an excellent book. I think I enjoyed this one the best out of the trilogy. Strange things were happening throughout the book. I started out thinking some kind of spiritual thing was going on. I moved on to believing the evil was in a human heart because that is what was emphasized by Liam Beckett, who happened to be a police officer. Eventually, I became positive it was some sick person doing the scaring, threatening, and killing. I found myself feeling very satisfied with the main char ...more
Tamara
I definitely thought this book was the best plot-wise of the trilogy, but the series overall had some glaring dislikes for me. Firstly, I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like the way Graham writes her leading men and her romances. I really wanted to like Liam. He was a great minor character in the two previous books, but as with the previous male leads in this trilogy (David and Sean) I felt his desire to 'protect' the female lead was over the top and controlling. It was very cooki ...more
Randy Daugherty
The odd and reclusive Cutter Merlin as died, though listed as a heart attack, it looked to Liam Beckett as if Cutter had died of fright! Merlin had collected the odd and assorted, many had thought him a practitioner of the black arts though all that knew him knew better.
Kelsey Donovan has moved far from Key West and all its dark memories, and now, now she is drawn back, back to bury her grandfather. Her grandfather that she had always meant to visit but hadn't.Cutter had left a secret, one so r
Laura Ruetz
This novel is the perfect example of why I love Heather Graham; mystery, ghosts and history that all comes together perfectly.

Heather Graham has crafted a delight mystery, with a house that I would love to roam around in. Seriously, Cutter Merlin sounds like somebody who I would love to know. A world traveler with a house full of artifacts, who would not want to go from room to room exploring! But, I digress, back to the novel, the house is the perfect setting and the cast, some of whom are fam
Diana
This is a good Halloween season book.
The setting is Key West.
A reclusive man, Cutter Merlin, is found dead in his large spooky home. His granddaughter, Kelsey, comes from California to settle his estate. She never feels safe or comfortable in the big mysterious house. Kelsey grew up in Key West and a lot of her old friends are around, including policeman Liam.
One of my favorite characters was Bartholomew, a ghost. Some people can see him and others can't. He is entertaining and watchful.
S
Kathy
I had forgotten what a suspensful writer Heather Gramham is, now I'm going back to past reads and going to download some more.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Bone Island Trilogy
Keithstalling
Feb 17, 2015 Keithstalling rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: murder, who done it, key west, paranormal
I wasn't blown away 2nd time around yet again same story as the 2nd book in the trilogy yet different main man this time Liam.
He was a great back ground character in the last 2 books seem really awesome but in this book he just across as extremely desperate pining over a girl/woman that left Key West 10 years or so in the past.

Kelsey's character in the end was just a COPY of Vanessa(book.2) but a little bit better not as toxic towards Liam
she has same things night mares, paranoid, determined to
Kristen
I'm hit-and-miss with Heather Graham, but I really liked this story. A great combination of history, mystery, ghosts and romance - what more could you ask for?

Cutter Merlin is the elderly, reclusive owner of a big old secluded house in Key West filled with the treasures he's been collecting his entire life - gargoyles, voodoo altars, lucky Chinese cats, statues of the virgin mary, and even a real Egyptian mummy. He lives there along following the tragic death of his daughter years before from a
Kendra
first off, I love Heather Graham & the Bone Island Trilogy has been my favorite so far. This series takes place in Kew West Florida- I want to go so bad now- This is a paranormal romance, but most of her books are.
Liam Beckett is a grat police detective in Key West. He helped is cousin, David Beckett & friends solve other murders( the first & second books) & now its his turn to solve a murder(s) that is happening around the woman he loves.

Kelsey Donovan grew up in Key West until
Audrey
This is the last book in the Bone Island Trilogy by Heather Graham and I liked it very much. Once again another member of the O'Hara family, this time cousin Liam is drawn into a dangerous ghost hunt. and of course there is a beautiful woman, Kelsey Donovan, who needs not only the help of all the O'Hara family members we've met in the previous books but also their resident ghost, and my favorite character in these books, Bartholomew.

This mystery involves a haunted house with a possible curse and
Zinael
Un roman passionnant avec des passages assez terrifiants et un suspense haletant .. C'est un auteur que je viens de découvrir et son style m'a beaucoup plu. Au tout début, j'ai eu du mal à entrer dans l'intrigue mais après beaucoup de mal à fermer le bouquin! La petite touche de surnaturel qui pimente l'ensemble m'a beaucoup séduite .. je suis bien tentée de lire les deux autres histoires de la trilogie!
Yukino

..E LA FINE è ARRIVATA

Peccato che sia l'ultimo volume. Tra l'altro è il più bello dei tre.
Un giallo misterioso avvenuto in una casa misteriosa che porta a farsi mille domande. Kelsey ritorna in quella casa per dire addio al nonno e..ne succedono delle belle..ricollegando questo omicidio alla morte della madre. Insomma è da leggere.

inalcuni punti mi ha fatto venire propo i brividi!

la storia d' amore tra Kelsey e il poliziotto Lyam è delicata e graduale..e riprende qualcosa di lasciato in sospeso
Joanie
Kelsey, Cutter Merlin's granddaughter returned when he died to settle his estate where he and Kelsey's mother both died. Something was spooky about the house and his death. Things were moved, it had been broken into, the smell of death was near. Her old flame, Liam, who was on the police force helped her solve this ghostly thing.
It was a good end to the trilogy!
Kimberly
This was the 3rd and final book it the series and it was o.k. It was a good mystery and everything I couldn't get myself to become attached to any of the characters. Each book has the same characters w/ a new person (who eventually becomes the soul mate of one of the main cast of characters) thrown in but the focus of each book is on a different person. I originally thought it would be interesting but later found that it kept me detached from the characters. It wasn't bad though. I'm usually a l ...more
  • Dead By Dusk (Vampire, #6)
  • Out of Sight (Court of Angels #3)
  • Darker than Midnight (Mordecai Young #3)
  • Cold River (Black Falls, #2)
  • Body Heat  (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #2)
  • Blood Dreams (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #10)
  • Avenging Angels (Beaufort & Company Mystery, #3)
  • Deadly Little Lies
  • Avenging Angel
  • Lost Souls (New Orleans, #5)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

Bone Island (3 books)
  • Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1)
  • Ghost Night  (Bone Island Trilogy, #2)
Ghost Walk  (Harrison Investigation, #2) Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1) Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) Haunted (Harrison Investigation, #1)