Start by marking “The Law of Revenge” as Want to Read:
The Law of Revenge

The Law of Revenge

Alma Bashears escaped her Appalachian roots to forget the memories of a brutal rape. Now, a brilliant attorney, she receives an urgent call from her estranged family-Come back home. Your family needs you. Alma returns to defend her brother against a trumped-up murder charge. Upon discovering the prosecutor is the boy responsible for her rape, this white-trash hollow girl ...more
Published December 12th 2011 by BearCat Press (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Law of Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Law of Revenge

Tammy L. Noble
Nov 18, 2015 Tammy L. Noble rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!

I came across the book in the Amazon kindle store. Downloaded a sample & was hooked. I loved the story & can't wait to read the next two in this series.
Linda
Sep 26, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best series I have ever read. Tess Collins is a very gifted author and I have loved every book I have read by her.

I love the setting of this series and learning about how the Appalachian people live and get by. They stick together through the rough times and enjoy the good times like no other I've known.

Alma Bashears escaped her hometown and lived in California where she is a successful attorney. She is called back home to defend her brother who is accused of killing someone.
Stanjay Daniels
May 03, 2016 Stanjay Daniels rated it it was amazing
Definitely a great book! I really enjoyed the main character, a lawyer, that did everything she could to save her brother from false imprisonment. This book had some really different and interesting characters which made for a fun read. The plot was awesome and it definitely kept me engaged.
Andrew Kirkhouse
Jun 13, 2016 Andrew Kirkhouse rated it liked it
Its been a while since i have read a lawyer/courtroom novel and this was a nice 1 to get back in to.
Not up there with the the early Grisham or Iles , but still a good enjoyable read, well worth a read and I will be reading the rest of the series
Jessica Southern
Jessica Southern rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2014
Donna Rucker
Donna Rucker rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
lucinda smith
lucinda smith rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2016
Kathlyn Carpenter
Kathlyn Carpenter rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2012
Kelly Kartub
Kelly Kartub rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Judy Botens
Judy Botens rated it did not like it
Nov 14, 2015
mary cosmah johnson
mary cosmah johnson rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Amber Dickinson
Amber Dickinson rated it liked it
May 19, 2012
Dwight G Saunders
Dwight G Saunders rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2010
shelley wright
shelley wright rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2016
Susan Dye
Susan Dye rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Sara G
Sara G rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Joann Bates
Joann Bates rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2016
P.J. Nunn
P.J. Nunn rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Susie Fiorito
Oct 22, 2014 Susie Fiorito rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New favorite author. 1st in the Appalachian Trilogy.
Fell in love with Alma and her family.
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2011
D
D rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
Leslie Merrill
Leslie Merrill rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2015
Bob Samson
Bob Samson rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2016
Rebecca A Cranson
Rebecca A Cranson rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Donna Jahnke
Donna Jahnke rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
May 15, 2007
Roxanne Morris
Roxanne Morris rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Lois M. Pabst
Lois M. Pabst rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2015
A coal miner’s granddaughter, TESS COLLINS was born and raised in a crater. Yes, really, a crater formed by the impact of an asteroid millions of years ago where her hometown, Middlesboro, Kentucky was eventually built. Tess spent her younger years in a one room Carnegie Library reading around the room. She started at BLUEBERRIES FOR SAL and ended with WAR AND PEACE at which time she thought, “I ...more
More about Tess Collins...