Sensual Knits: Luxurious Yarns, Alluring Designs

Sensual Knits: Luxurious Yarns, Alluring Designs

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Modern knitters are simply in love with luxury yarns—and the stylish items they can make from these opulent, irresistibly touchable materials. Sensual Knits feeds their hunger for fashionable projects made specifically with the finest merinos, alpacas, silks, cashmeres, and angoras. Beautiful models display the clothing, and every exquisitely photographed garment provides...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Sterling/Hollan

To ask other readers questions about Sensual Knits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sensual Knits

Tonileg
Tight fitting patterns for small skinny people.
That stated, there are quite of few really cute patterns that I'll be trying out as there are larger sizes added to each pattern. Thank you author and editor!

Vixen Camisole
Demeter camisole
Pink Sundae Camisole (spaghetti string tight fitting)
Silken Cowl Tank
Betty V-Neck Vest
Lace Panel Twin Set (3/4 sleeves)
McQueen Jumper (huge open cowl-type collar with long sleeves)
Sayuri Jumper (V-neck collar with long open sleeves)
Transparency Jumper (Mohair fuzzy...more
Jamie Henderson
This book is exactly what it advertises -- an interesting assortment of attractive and feminine knit patterns. It's well laid out and easy to read. The patterns appear to be well-written, though I have no yet knit very many of them. The pictures are very good and give a good idea of what the finished knit will look like from several angles in most cases.
Snorkle
Some of the patterns in this book were gorgeous, obviously very time-consuming items. The book had a nice design and all the knitted items had good photographs that illustrated what they would look like. I just didn't find anything in this book that I wanted to knit and so that's why it got this rating. I'd probably recommend though.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2010...
Alexis
The reason I gave it as many stars as I did was because the garmets are stunning, HOWEVER, all the patterns are crap. The publisher should not have printed it until the problems in the patterns were corrected. They completly had to re-write the seeded-cables cardigan and even then teh chart is still wrong on one of the higher rows.
Liked the patterns in this book so well I bought it twice (without knowing it) and gave the extra copy to my best friend, who also loves it.
Erin
I'm in the process of making the seeded cables cardigan right now :) It will take me forever as I am officially ADD when it comes to knitting :)
Tammy
Modern and gorgeous patterns! Easy to follow instructions. I'm about halfway through knitting the Sayuri sweater.
Margot
Very awesome, wearable patterns in this book. Almost everything is circular-knit on circular needles.
Green Cupcake
Many interesting designs but at least one project uses yarn that may be hard to find.
Kristel
Library book-- I'd like to make the lacey camisole and the spiral socks.
Sam
The designs in Sensual Knits are simply beautiful.
Jodi
so far I feel like I'm in love.
Leanne
Very, very pretty patterns.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Anne
Anne added it
Jan 18, 2014
Carina Vicente
Carina Vicente marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Pure Knits: Sophisticated Designs in Shades of White Sensual Knits Pure Knits: Sophisticated Designs in Shades of White Pure Knits: Sophisticated Designs in Shades of White