Start by marking “Raggedy Andy Stories” as Want to Read:
Raggedy Andy Stories

Raggedy Andy Stories

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Since Raggedy Andy first appeared in print in 1920, he has delighted millions of readers with his adventurous spirit and compassionate nature. Now he returns to captivate a new generation in this carefully produced reissue, which restores the book to its original appearance. All the original stories are here, as Raggedy Andy arrives in the mail at Marcella's father's offic ...more
Published September 30th 1993 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Raggedy Andy Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raggedy Andy Stories

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettPeter Pan by J.M. BarrieThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank BaumThe Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
Children's Lit Before 1923
75th out of 212 books — 51 voters
The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery WilliamsWinnie-the-Pooh by A.A. MilneCorduroy by Don FreemanThe Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamilloThe Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
Children's Literature - Sentient Toys
53rd out of 97 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather
I am reading this with my two youngest (8 and 5)...and their older brothers keep sneaking over to listen.

One of the aunts made a Raggedy Andy doll for the 5-year-old so we got some books to learn about him. So far, the boys love them and ask for more than 2 stories a day. Last night my little guy came to me with the book and said, "Can we read some more? I'm finding that I really love this book." Oh, bless his heart....he knows how to make a mama smile!

March 22nd - Holy Cow! Raggedy Andy fell do
Laura Anaya
Really adorable book that my grandmother gave to me and we read, we cuddled up and enjoyed the cute stories!
Mitch
Read this at work (I work in a child care program) and found it interesting. Although it is a children's book, it is much longer than one would expect and with very little pictures. The chapters are long and detailed, and the illustrations it does have are very vibrant and colourful. What I thought was neat about this book was that it is a classic from 1920 and the reader gets a first-hand glimpse of what childhood was like in the United States in the early 1920's. Not bad!
Brenda
There is wisdom in this children's story book. Why do as adults we feel it frivolous to occasionally read a child's book? We can gain wisdom. My favorite quote from this one is "They who are the most unselfish are the ones who gain the greatest joy; because they give happiness to others."
- Johnny Gruelle
Melissa
These are cute and sweet. It's a perfect book for a child who likes some pictures but a more involved story. I can't say any one story stood out or any one character, but they are stories full of kindness and goodness which is what little ears love to hear.
Melissa
This book makes me shudder. Johnny Gruelle is so very syrupy that it makes me want to gag but my girls like the stories. And listening to the book did encourage them to get out and play with the Raggedy Dolls my Mom made for them.
Mimi
I read and re-read this book as a young girl. It occurred to me I'd not read them in a very long time, so I picked them up for a re-visit. What a delightful group of stories.
Zinger
I read this to my daughter and might have given it two stars, but she liked it...and that was the purpose of reading it. I can see the influence this book had on movie Toy Story.
Aaron (6) really liked this one! Much more than expected! Off to read Raggedy Ann Stories next
Kirei
This wasn't as cute as the Raggedy Ann book, but still pretty darn cute.
AnnieM
A childhood favorite revisited.
Kathy
brought back a lot of memories
Tekla
Tekla added it
Dec 01, 2014
Quiana Jones
Quiana Jones marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Laura Lubak
Laura Lubak marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Clpaulssongmail.com
Clpaulssongmail.com marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Bob Devito
Bob Devito marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Kathleen Gerspacher
Kathleen Gerspacher marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
  • Mother Goose in Prose
  • The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at Meadowbrook (Bobbsey Twins, #7)
  • The Adventures of Reddy Fox
  • The Cowardly Lion of Oz (Oz, #17)
  • My Neighbor Totoro
  • Buffalo Bill
  • Walt Disney's Donald Duck: The Old Castle's Secret (The Carl Barks Library, #6)
  • The Happy Hollisters and the Mystery of the Little Mermaid (Happy Hollisters, #18)
Johnny Gruelle was an American artist, political cartoonist, children's book author and illustrator (and even songwriter). He is known as the creator of Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy. He had such confidence in his design that often he would create the final ink work without first sketching in pencil.

More about Johnny Gruelle...
Raggedy Ann Stories Raggedy Ann and Andy and the Camel With the Wrinkled Knees Raggedy Ann in Cookie Land (Classic) The Original Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy Raggedy Ann in the Deep Deep Woods: Classic Edition