Start by marking “The story behind Harper Lee's To kill a mockingbird” as Want to Read:
The story behind Harper Lee's To kill a mockingbird

The story behind Harper Lee's To kill a mockingbird

Unknown Binding, History in Literature, 56 pages
Published September 1st 2006 by Capstone Publishing - (Raintree)

Be the first to ask a question about The story behind Harper Lee's To kill a mockingbird

Kathleen Dixon
Sep 08, 2013 Kathleen Dixon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: education
I can't remember what we did when we studied English literature at school. I know we read Dickens one year, but I have absolutely no recollection of what sort of background study we did, if any, or just how we analysed the text. I know we didn't study the same time period in History. . . Anyway, I was curious to see what resources are like nowadays so did a little looking around the library website, and, having just read To Kill a Mockingbird, decided to get out a couple of texts about it. The f ...more
Andy Hickman
Apr 03, 2016 Andy Hickman rated it really liked it
Bryon Giddens-White, The Story Behind Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird (History in Literature) (Oxford, ENG; Heinemann, 2007).

This is an exceptional resource on the background issues of the phenomenal novel. This 'Story Behind' far exceeds my expectations. The only reason why I didn't rate it 5-out-of-5 stars is simply because I reserve that rating for life-changing epics. But I'd like to rate this book 4.9-out-of-5, it's that good!

“Lee's novel explores other themes besides race and justice. T
Dannii Elle
Nov 16, 2015 Dannii Elle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an enjoyable little insight into the history of To Kill a Mockingbird ! It covered a myriad of topics which, I felt, were left unconsidered or only briefly grazed over in other books of this type. There was no in-depth study into the novel itself but a broader perspective was given by discussion of such topics as information on the author's history, details of the period it was set in, the context of publications etc.

This is a perfect companion to the well-loved and well-known Harper Lee n
Kim Grossett
Dec 12, 2011 Kim Grossett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I borrowed this book from my son's junior high school library. It is an excellent book! I learned several "new to me" things about the civil rights movement as well as about the novel and Harper Lee. I highly recommend it to anyone that is a Mockingbird fan.
Jackie Marie!
Feb 01, 2010 Jackie Marie! rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful. It reminds me of something that would capture you and get you addicted to reading it.
Vallerie Worthley
Although this is a teen book I found it very interesting. We all had to read To Kill a Mockingbird in high school but this book made the story real for me.
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2010
Lia Freitas
Lia Freitas rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Roshan S.
Roshan S. rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Darshith
Darshith rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Carrie
Carrie rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2009
Hannah Russell
Hannah Russell rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2014
Sonja Ashcraft
Sonja Ashcraft rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Cheri
Cheri rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2009
Susan Rushing
Susan Rushing rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2013
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2009
Ann Menzl
Ann Menzl rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2011
Katelyn Hughes
Katelyn Hughes rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2014
Daisy
Daisy rated it did not like it
Mar 04, 2015
Charlie Lovett
Charlie Lovett rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Ajwinchell
Ajwinchell rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2012
Joshua
Joshua rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2010
♕
Dec 19, 2014
Shanon Benjamin
Shanon Benjamin rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2011
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2013
CSN
CSN rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2007
Caroline Glover
Caroline Glover rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Kelly H. (Maybedog) rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2014