Start by marking “Mortal Faults” as Want to Read:
Mortal Faults

Mortal Faults (Abby Sinclair and Tess McCallum #4)

A one-woman private operative, Abby Sinclair stalks the stalkers. Her new client is a U.S. congressman shadowed by a mystery woman believed to be a disgruntled ex-employee. He wants her stopped. What Abby doesn't know is that FBI agent Tess McCallum is already on the case. Now, despite vowing never to work together again, Abby and Tess have been partnered in a deadly game. ...more
Published January 3rd 2006 by Onyx (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mortal Faults, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mortal Faults

Kris - My Novelesque Life
Jan 13, 2015 Kris - My Novelesque Life rated it really liked it
4 STARS

"A one-woman private operative, Abby Sinclair stalks the stalkers. Her new client is a U.S. congressman shadowed by a mystery woman believed to be a disgruntled ex-employee. He wants her stopped. What Abby doesn't know is that FBI agent Tess McCallum is already on the case. Now, despite vowing never to work together again, Abby and Tess have been partnered in a deadly game. And this is a case that takes one surprising turn after another-because there's more to the story than anyone knows.
Rebekkila
Jul 22, 2012 Rebekkila rated it really liked it
The problem I had with the last book by this author was that from the beginning I knew who the villain was, the author made it clue very early on. I didn't find the characters or the story very interesting and it seemed as if the author didn't care about those things either. This book started out with the same set-up, the villain is established early, but the character that sets out to bring him down is very interesting. Her name is Abby and she stalks stalkers for a fee. She is manic, has socio ...more
Tristan Robin Blakeman
Interesting cast of characters - including the two leading female detectives, who, as far as I can tell, are both rather unappealing people, though talented at their job. One is a neurotic and violent step-removed-from-a-criminal, and the other is a dishonest and untrustworthy paranoid. Strange couple for a pretty standard thriller. Greedy evil politicians, ex-con druggie bikers, a woman imprisoned for infanticide...the litany of charmers never stop.

Strangely enouogh, the book is intriguing and
Arthur
Jan 14, 2015 Arthur rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mortal Thoughts (McCallum & Sinclair book 2)

Prescott brings Tess and Abby back working together to solve a twenty year old murder and to help an innocent woman get her life back. Both Tess and Abby come close to losing everything, including their lives before the truth comes out near the end. Thanks for another great read. You won't want to put this book down.
Heather Snowman
Mar 07, 2013 Heather Snowman rated it really liked it
I like the Abby Sinclair series, she is a great heroine that I find easy to relate to. Always up against some sick twisted creep, and sometimes a bit more graphic than I care for, but exciting and a page turner as well.
Jacqueline
Jun 30, 2015 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
oh boy, is Abby loosing it? did she kill the hitman..... you'll have to read to find out. The dynamic between Tess & Abby is very well thought out. Really enjoyed this one, didn't think it was the ending it was either, very well done.
Stephanie Hill Alexander
Apr 15, 2012 Stephanie Hill Alexander rated it really liked it
Abby, my new hero, is amazing. She weaves a fine line between getting the bad guy and being taken over by evil. Tess struggles being a true friend and a needy self centered Fed. I couldn't wait to move onto the next book in the series with Abby as the main character.
Colleen
Oct 02, 2013 Colleen rated it it was amazing
I must say I'm loving the Abby Sinclair & Tess McCallum characters. I can't wait to read more with those two. Fantastic story.
Stephenie Patterson
Feb 01, 2012 Stephenie Patterson rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It did seem this was the second in a series, though, so I think I'm going to search for the first!
Peg
May 30, 2012 Peg rated it really liked it
This was the best in the series so far. Teaming up Tess with Abby makes it much more interesting since they tackle catching the bad guys from opposite perspectives. Looking forward to Final Sins.
Dave
Jun 25, 2013 Dave rated it really liked it
Good mix of action, introspection, character development and dialog. Good story and pacing. No that of literature bogging down the story.
Sharon
Jan 10, 2012 Sharon rated it liked it
Again, I made the mistake of picking up a book and not realizing it's not the first in the series. I enjoyed this book, but it was a bit long. I will probably pick up the first few books.
Dave Schey
Sep 06, 2012 Dave Schey rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Private investigator Abby Sinclair and FBI agent Tess McCallum team up in another fast-paced thriller.
Teresa
Apr 06, 2014 Teresa rated it it was amazing
Intense, exciting, and interesting. Tess and Abby are back, reluctantly working together. It may be a bit unbelievable how the whole mess turns out, but still totally enjoyable to read.
Carol Bell
Carol Bell rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Ann Grev
Ann Grev rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Jerie Parish
Jerie Parish rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Pauline Goodwin
Pauline Goodwin rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Lola
Aug 07, 2012 Lola rated it liked it
Oh this book made me so angry with Tess! She definitely took a back seat to Abby in this book!
Derek Toering
Derek Toering rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2014
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Darlene Robinson
Darlene Robinson rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Tammy Stromack
Tammy Stromack rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Joseph
Joseph rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Betty Thames
Betty Thames rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2014
Melissa Diaz
Melissa Diaz rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2012
Jacque Glass
Jacque Glass rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2013
Joann
Joann rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Dee Hoime
Dee Hoime rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Karl Barrus
Karl Barrus rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2013
  • Ransom Beach (Stephanie Chalice Mystery #2)
  • Just Run
  • Snow Blind (PI Julie Collins, #4)
  • The Devil's Cradle (Kendall O'Dell #2)
  • Seven Minutes to Noon
  • The Pineville Heist
  • The Devil's Game
  • Judgement and Wrath (Joe Hunter, #2)
  • Chihuahua Karma
  • Fear the Night (Night, #5)
  • Killer Fudge (A Callahan Garrity Short Story)
  • Empire (Chess Team Adventure #8)
  • Darkness on the Edge of Town (Laura Cardinal #1)
  • The Winter Barbeque
  • Our Lady of the North
  • Ice Age
  • Going Organic Can Kill You (A Blossom Valley Mystery #1)
  • Borrowed Time
A pseudonym used by Douglas Borton, aka Brian Harper.

Douglas Borton grew up in New Jersey and attended Wesleyan University, then moved to Los Angeles and pursued a career as a screenwriter. After working with several independent producers, he eventually switched to writing novels, a much less stressful occupation. He has published 25 thrillers, starting with horror novels in the 1980s and continui
More about Michael Prescott...

Abby Sinclair and Tess McCallum (5 books)
  • The Shadow Hunter