Start by marking “Bloody Kiss” as Want to Read:
Bloody Kiss

Bloody Kiss (Bloody Kiss #1)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  7,301 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
Book by Kazuko Furumiya
190 pages
Published (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bloody Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloody Kiss

Sep 02, 2016 Meghan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-2010
This is the first manga I have ever read! I'd always wanted to try to read manga, but I didn't know where to start. I mean, there's a lot out there. Then I discovered there's an entire genre of manga which is basically geared towards teenage girls. Now that sounded like something I'd be interested in. And I love vampires, so Bloody Kiss seemed intriguing to me.

It's a short read, but a fun one nonetheless. The 192 pages include Bloody Kiss, as well as a short story manga called Angel Lovesong and
I really enjoyed the story line of Kiyo inheriting her grandmother’s estate and that with it came two vampire lodgers that her Grandmother took care of. I really loved Kuroboshi as a character, he’s mysterious but ever so sweet towards Kiyo, and his servant Alshu just cracks me up. Alshu is a real funny character, he’s very eccentric!

Kiyo works very hard to try and pay her way in life, she wants to be a lawyer so she can help get her father out of whatever trouble it is he seems to have gotten
Bloody Kiss is (sadly) the first of two volumes revolving around our heroine Kiyo who inherits her grandmother's allegedly haunted house. The story gets interesting when Kiyo finds out she not only inherits the house, but the two vampires living in it! Hilarity and lots of sexy scenes show up when both vampires show a little interest in Kiyo herself, and maybe a little more for her blood.
I really really liked Bloody Kiss. The plot was predictable and pure shojo fun, but it was good and absolutel
May 08, 2016 Zala rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
[The rating and review refer to the whole series.]

Bloody kiss is a manga from my days of reading anything and everything that had something to do with vampires. Soon enough, however, I realised that I liked the real, a la Alucard vampires, and the "deranged fangbangers" not so much. This could've been a good manga because the premise was very interesting, but it turned out to be way too cheesy for my taste. So much cheese...
Jan 22, 2012 Aleixie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Ahhhhhh! It's so cheesy. And I though it would be scary. I am not feeling normal. *sigh*
Bloody Kiss is a short story about a high school girl who inherits an old broken down mansion from her grandmother. What comes as a surprise though is that the mansion is inhabited by two vampires.

I'll be honest and say that this story was OK. The main character, Kiyo, is a smart strong willed girl who can basically take care of herself and I like that about her. If you read a lot of shojo manga our heroines tend to be love struck girls who need saving every five seconds or they or on the opposi
The young protagonist Kiyo finds herself inheriting an old estate where two vampires reside, from a grandmother she had never met. Kuroboshi a half vampire\human and his servant Alsh (vampire) have been chased off to this mansion and resided there way before Kiyo had even existed.

Okay so here we go, so that was just a little info on the manga vol. As the title suggest it's a romance type manga although no kissing ... yet, although there is some biting. The reason why I would give this volume 3
Nina (Death, Books, and Tea)
Review: it’s all centred around Kiyo, who inherits a house from her grandmother. She goes in and finds Kuroboshi and Alshu, a couple of vampires. Kuroboshi fake attempts to drink her blood, and gets knocked out. He then forces Kiyo to help him clean up, then things happen and she agrees to let them stay. And also Kuroboshi wants to make Kiyo his only blood source, which kind of makes her mad when she learns the term for this is “bride”. Yeah…its just a really short comedy and I cant really go in ...more
Nov 20, 2012 Starry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mar 05, 2011 Miranda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first manga book I have read and I think it is a good place to start. At first it was confusing to read but after a while I found myself reading it easily.
The charicters are great, Kiyo is the main female, she is uptight and silly at the same time. Kuroboshi is a vampire who claimed kiyo as his bride, he is very possesive of kiyo which results in funny situations.
Alshu (I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it) is kuroboshi's assistant and it took me a while to figure out for sure th
Jun 11, 2014 Ewatts rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read a lot of manga so I thought that I would give this one a chance (because I also love vampires a lot) and I read the first chapter. I'm so glad I didn't buy it and used a website instead... The plot is so cliché and the characters have inner turmoil before any character development. It's all kind of like "whoa family issues" in the first chapter before we know anything other than the fact that the main character is a danger to society for kicking and hitting all kind of objects. And how co ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Girl inherits mansion from her Grandma and finds that there two people living there who are well...vampires. Kiyo is a strong main character. Story and art work are really good.
May 29, 2016 Annamarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very short series, and it could have went a lot farther, but over all it's a pretty good book that i'm glad I picked up.
Hannah Thomas
Jul 09, 2014 Hannah Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting series in a different way.
Jan 03, 2015 Jennette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it funny and entertaning :)
Apr 07, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This book is so adorable! It's a pity that the series is only two books long. However, the short stories at the end of each volume highlight how the author usually only makes two types of main characters : a slap-happy girl with some sort of emotional/self-confidence related issue, and the boy who supports her in that way. However, overall they were all very cute, and the artwork was amazing, if a little busy at times. :) The author's self-professed obsessiveness over how it all looks made it al ...more
May 05, 2014 00lovebooks00 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read the whole series
May 29, 2014 Kayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable read.
Nov 30, 2015 Cheyenne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jan 13, 2015 Carolina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The re-readability with this one is high! I wish it was longer!
May 02, 2013 Mandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Kiyo finds out that two vampires are slumming in her grandmother's home, which she inherits.

As Kuroboshi chosen "bride", he will only drink from her. Only that doesn't go too well because Kiyo doesn't take any crap. She's strong willed and a fighter.

I enjoyed this manga. It was too short, but we can't have everything.

I liked the bonus story as well. The girl was a little to obsessed in getting her ex-boyfriend back to make it fantastic.
Victoria Newman
Jul 30, 2016 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Jan 10, 2016 Maranda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Kiyo's mom is dead, her dad is on the run, and she has been on her own sence she was a little girl. Her grandmother dies and she inherits everything. Including a house were the two vampires her grandmother took in still live. (If she had a grandmother why was she an orphaned child. I dont get it)
Jul 19, 2011 Drucilla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This will be a review for the entire series (2 volumes). There are actually only two volumes so it's a good read if you want something quick and not drawn out over 20 or so volumes. Having said that, the story, while sweet, would have been better if the story had been stretched a little more. The artwork is a little awkward in some places but it's not too distracting.
The problem with expectations, of course, is that they're nobody's issues but yours. I expected something from this series, something slightly darker, deeper, and less naive, but it was essentially just another silly Shoujo. Despite the progress paranormal romance manga could have gone through, they still mostly lurk somewhere in the eighties. /sigh
Jan 20, 2012 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I'm actually surprised by how much I liked this. It's corky, strong, cute, with a romantic flare. It's nice having a story where the guy actually tries, even if he is a little egotistical. Though I have to saw, the way the vampire teeth are drawn are a little creepy.
The one shots were honestly better than the main story in this series.
The plot was cliche and there were so many things left unanswered, but it was still a cute story. Not the worst vamp story, at least the mc had a spine.
Feb 14, 2013 Nohely rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very sweet story, really cute. I like the idea of the vampires sucking the blood only of their "bride". What I like about this volume the most is the short story of Angel Love Song. It was cute, sweet and sexy.
Feb 16, 2012 Ivette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awwww. i just love this one, it was cute, and it was sweet, but it ended too soon, and i'm not just talking about volume 1, im talking about the whole series.. it ended too soon. i wish the author would have kept going......
Mar 09, 2010 Alicia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great graphic Novel...more geared towards teens 13 and up. If you love Vampire books you will love this. At times I was confused but the manga style, but can;t wait for the second book to arrive.
Spoiled Rotten Manga: Bloody Kiss 4 3 Jun 13, 2013 09:12AM
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 01 (Captive Hearts, #1)
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 01 (Barajou no Kiss, #1)
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • Beast Master, Vol. 2 (Beast Master, #2)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 01
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 1 (Wild Ones, #1)
  • Love Monster, Vol. 1
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 1] (Faster than a Kiss #1)
  • Millennium Snow, Vol. 1
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 01
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 1
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 01 (Midnight Secretary, #1)
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 01
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 01
  • Love Attack, Volume 1
  • Backstage Prince, Vol. 1 (Backstage Prince, #1)
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 1