Start by marking “Bone Harvest (Claire Watkins, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bone Harvest (Claire Watkins, #4)

Bone Harvest (Claire Watkins #4)

Then the quiet was broken. The baby reached up a hand and jerked at the tablecloth. A spoon hit her on the head, and she started to cry. Bertha Schuler stuck her head out the door and called that dinner was ready. The clock in the hallway struck the half hour. And the first shot was fired.
The unsolved murders at a remote Wisconsin farmhouse half a century ago have receded
Published June 28th 2005 by Fawcett Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Bone Harvest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bone Harvest

Bev
Jul 18, 2011 Bev rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, thriller
Bone Harvest by Mary Logue is a bit more of a thriller than I usually read...it's also American and more recent. But I'm very glad that the Follow That Blurb Reading Challenge led me to it. It is a very absorbing read--quick-paced and well-written.

The story takes us back and forth between modern-day Wisconsin and the same town 50 years ago. In that small-town half a century ago, an entire family was murdered in a remote farmhouse. The town rocked from the impact of the horrible deed and eventual
Kathleen Hagen
Bone Harvest, by Mary Logue, B-plus. Purchased from audio bookstand, produced by Brilliance Audio.

Mary Logue’s books are about small town Wisconsin on the Minnesota border. And this is another one about Clare, who is a deputy sheriff and the office investigator for the sheriff’s office. She was a former policewoman in Minneapolis. She lives with her young daughter, Meg, and her boy friend who is a local turkey farmer lives nearby. There is discomfort between the two of them because he wants to g
Stephanie
Oct 24, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Kate
Jun 11, 2016 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
An unsolved murder of an entire family on a small Wisconsin town 52 years earlier, and not forgotten by most comes back to haunt the town when the town paper starts getting threats demanding the truth about what happened.
This is a Claire Watkins mystery, Claire is an investigator with a Sheriff's Department in a rural county. This is quite reminiscent of the mid-century English mysteries, that are long on character development and short on gruesomeness, which is a refreshing break from modern my
Amy
May 07, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Very engaging book in the Claire Watkins series. This one is the most engaging one since the first book in the series. It was very reminiscent of In Cold Blood in that a family who lived on a farm was killed in the 1950s, but this book had a different twist and based on revenge/memory/revealing the truth.
Carrie
Jun 18, 2009 Carrie rated it really liked it
I have been reading the entire series of these mystery books. Really fun books about Pepin area & the locals. I like the older books much better than the more recent Maiden Rock book. I would recommend starting at the beginning of the series if you want to get into it.
Carolyn
Jul 04, 2014 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook for the car - mystery set in Pepin County, Wisconsin, where present day crimes link to the mass murder of a farm family 50 years previous. Some very creepy moments and generally well paced.
Diane Sillivan
May 01, 2015 Diane Sillivan rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed this series. I just finished Bone Harvest. It is an excellent book. I normally am able to figure out who the culprit is but this book kept me in the dark until close to the end. I highly recommend this book.
Ray
Jan 10, 2016 Ray rated it really liked it
Compelling doesn't even begin to describe this book. Gruesome crime, check; unsympathetic perp(?), check; hidden motives & agendas, check; plot twists (small, and therefore believable), check. Finished this in not much over 24 hrs., neglecting almost everything else till it was finished.
Missmath144
A 50-year-old unsolved murder of an entire family resurfaces when finger bones are found at the scenes of new murders, fingers that had been severed from the victims of the cold case.
Kate McCartney
Jan 26, 2008 Kate McCartney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysterys
I really enjoyed this book. It was chilling and disturbing everything that a mystery should be. Plus I loved that it had a female Sheriff who solves the mystery.
Laura Salas
Nov 13, 2015 Laura Salas rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, mystery, e-book
I love this series, although this one wasn't quite as good as the best of the Claire Watkins series.
Janet
Feb 08, 2014 Janet rated it really liked it
These read quick! This was another with Officer Claire Watkins. It was really quite good. She does amazing twists at the end.
Rita
Jul 14, 2008 Rita rated it liked it
I adore Mary Logues books. She is a good mystery writer, fast past books - all of her characters are realistice, intellegent and well developed.
Jul 30, 2008 Laura rated it liked it
great mystery. the story kept me involved. bonus points for taking place in pepin, WI (near where I went to college).
Stephanie Konrade
Aug 13, 2011 Stephanie Konrade rated it it was amazing
Catchy start and well developed story. New author to me. I will definitely check out other books by her.
Kristie
Kristie rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2012
Michele Wolf
Michele Wolf rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Meridith Vold
Meridith Vold rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Rosie
Rosie rated it really liked it
May 09, 2012
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2008
Peggy
Peggy rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Cynthia Stevens
Cynthia Stevens rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2014
Kristal
Kristal rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Judi Vold
Judi Vold rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Jim
Jim rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2016
Angie
Nov 20, 2008 Angie rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.
Gail
Gail rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2015
Darlene Lane
Darlene Lane rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2009
Erica
Erica rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • February Fever
  • Dial M: The Murder of Carol Thompson
  • Vestments
  • Delivering Death: A Novel (Riley Spartz, #6)
  • Old World Murder (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1)
  • Isolation Ward (Nathaniel McCormick #1)
  • The Mistaken Masterpiece (The Red Blazer Girls, #3)
  • Hate Crime (Ben Kincaid, #13)
  • Fatal Attraction
  • The Nature Of The Beast
  • Chain of Evidence (Inspector Challis, #4)
  • It's Time!: My 360-Degree View of the UFC
  • The Contrary Blues
  • Fisherman's Bend
  • Acts of Nature (Max Freeman, #5)
  • Person of Interest
  • The Grim Reaper's Dance (Grim Reaper Mystery, #2)
  • Bloodlines (Irene Kelly, #9)

Claire Watkins (9 books)
  • Blood Country (Claire Watkins, #1)
  • Dark Coulee (Claire Watkins, #2)
  • Glare Ice (Claire Watkins, #3)
  • Poison Heart (Claire Watkins, #5)
  • Maiden Rock (Claire Watkins, #6)
  • Point No Point (Claire Watkins, #7)
  • Frozen Stiff (Claire Watkins, #8)
  • Lake of Tears (Claire Watkins, #9)