Start by marking “In die Wildnis (Warriors, #1)” as Want to Read:
In die Wildnis (Warriors, #1)

In die Wildnis (Warriors #1)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  45,211 Ratings  ·  3,878 Reviews
Ein Wald. Vier Clans. Und alle wollen überleben.

Jenseits der Menschen, tief verborgen im Wald, leben die Katzen der Clans wild und ungezähmt. Feuerpfote, der seine Zweibeiner verließ, um sich dem DonnerClan anzuschließen, genießt das stürmische Leben des Waldes in vollen Zügen. Seite an Seite mit den wilden Katzen lernt er zu jagen, seine Instinkte zu gebrauchen, er lernt
Published December 19th 2014 by Beltz & Gelberg (first published January 9th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about In die Wildnis, please sign up.

Kimberly Madrid Not at all. There's no such thing as "girl books" or "boy books." If you like it, read it.
Cracklestorm I think you should each little series in order. First the normal Warriors series, then The New Prophecy, then The Power of Three, then Omen of the…moreI think you should each little series in order. First the normal Warriors series, then The New Prophecy, then The Power of Three, then Omen of the Stars, and last or first should be Dawn of the Clans.(less)

Dominique
Dec 04, 2013 Dominique rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cat and Adventure lovers!
I wish there was a higher rating, beacuse this is the BEST series in the world!!!!!!!!!!!
If you like this one,then read the following in order.(It is important to read them in order,or you will miss important parts of the story.)

1.WARRIORS

Book two- Moonrise
Book three- Dawn
Book four- Starligh
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Dec 03, 2013 Kat (Lost in Neverland) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cat lovers of all ages
Recommended to Kat (Lost in Neverland) by: Good ol' mum
Best book and series in the world.

description
Kim
Jun 01, 2009 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Vane J.
Edit (February 23, 2016):

Okay, I'm DONE with this review. I'm disabling the notifications, so if someone comments in it, I'm not gonna now. The level of trolls it has gotten has reached levels I cannot stand anymore. Of course, there are reviews with more trolls, but this is as much as I can endure.

And for you, ignorants who can't accept other people's opinions (better known as "trolls"), why don't you go read one of the many thousands of 5 star reviews instead of coming to criticize an opinion
Anna-Marie
Dec 04, 2013 Anna-Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This book is about a house cat who is tired of being a house cat and wants to go into the wild. Then he mets a kitten from a 'clan' and goes with him into the forest and mets the rest of the Thunderclan. This book sounds boring, but really, it is a great book. The author is very descriptive and makes it all very interesting. There a four clans, Thunderclan, Windclan, Riverclan and Shadowclan. The whole series, and there are a lot of them, is about the four clans fighting to stay alive and also t ...more
Quickstep
Aug 17, 2016 Quickstep rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had just found my new favorite series! I recommend this book to anybody. it is an awesome book
Audrey (Ravenwing)
BEST BOOK EVER!!

(Comment below if you would like to join ThunderClan)

You silently walk through the forest, alone and scared. You are hungry and tired, and are in need of shelter. Suddenly, you come across a young, tortoise shell cat.

"Hello!" she meows. "I'm Ravenwing."
You nod in acknowledgement.
"Let me take you to Eaglestar," she says. "He'll decide if we'll bring you in."

Welcome to the ORIGINAL ThunderClan, where online AND kindle GoodRead users can role play!

UPDATES:
- Spikekit, Featherkit, Wat
Kater Cheek
May 16, 2010 Kater Cheek rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My kids adore these novels, so I knew it was only a matter of time before I had to read them too. I figured I'd like them. After all, I like middle grade and YA fiction, and cats are cool, and Watership Down was one of my favorite novels of all time. So how could a book about warrior housecats go wrong?

If you're one of those people that hate cilantro, than any salsa with cilantro in it is going to hit your "ick, soapy" button and displease you. This novel hit a lot of my ick buttons. For one, it
Angela
Feb 16, 2009 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals
This review is by Pippi, guest reviewer, age 1 and a half; tabby cat.

This is a book about cats who live in the wild and they catch mice and eat them and they fight. There are four colonies of cats and one of them is mean and steals the other colonies food.

At first I thought this book was hard to read because even though it's written in English they try to translate cat words into English so it's hard to follow at first until you get used to the cat words.

At the beginning of the story Rusty is a
Savita
My absolute favorite series!!! I have almost all of them, and read them over and over and over and over!!! Great story to learn about the true meaning of following your heart, loyalty, and friendship.
Grace Tjan
Jun 10, 2014 Grace Tjan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jess-shelf, 2014
This is my daughter Jess' review. Jess is 11.

This review won the Ultimate Book Reviewer Award given by her school's Language Arts teacher.

Do you ever wonder what your pet cat thinks about? Fantasy author Erin Hunter brings you this spine-tingling, action-packed, fantasy adventure novel about wild cats. Explore and experience the land from the eyes of Rusty, a common house cat that dreams about the forest and all its wonders.

One fateful day, Rusty finds himself walking towards Thunderclan camp,
Daniel
Apr 18, 2015 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a nice change of pace to go from books about world domination, destruction and lots of deaths and suffering to something much more relaxing and laid back. And though i admit it was a bit weird to read about clans of cats fighting, talking, having vision it was quite fun. Also being a big fan of Jack London in my younger days helped quite a bit.

The story is nicely written, the pacing is also quite right and the story moves at a nice clip never being boring.

So dig right and ignore the mouse
Adam Crossley
Apr 01, 2015 Adam Crossley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Are you a cat or a dog person?

If you answered cat, this book is for you!

It follows the adventures of a house cat who escapes into the woods and joins a tribe a fierce wild cats who regularly engage in battles for more hunting territory.

The plot has a lot about nobility and it is easy to see parallels between this story and classic stories of knights and squires such as The Knights of the Round Table.

As an English teacher, I have several students who love this book and the entire series it is
Maddog
Jun 27, 2007 Maddog rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cat and Adventure Lovers alike
Peacegal
Apr 10, 2010 Peacegal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to give the Warriors books the old college try, seeing as I love both cats and animal stories. I had seen how wildly popular they are among the YA readers in my library, and I do enjoy well-written YA novels. But this one turned out to be more of a furball than a saucer of milk.

Perhaps if I were fifteen years younger, I’d be devouring the Warriors books. But by now, the story contained in Into the Wild seemed trite and contrived; a watered-down version of a hundred other animal adventu
Hayden
Aug 03, 2011 Hayden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!!!
(ha)Ley
This review is for the all of the Warriors books (not New Prophecy or Power of Three or Omen of the Stars- just the first and original subseries)

These books were amazing. Nowadays it is very hard for me to find a book that I absolutely love. The Warriors series was able to hook me and bring me into the story. These books are about a housecat named Rusty who joins one of the four warrior clans living in the forest, Thunderclan. He makes some new friends, but is faced with a lot of prejudice beca
Laura V.
Es bastante bueno. Me gusta. Se nota que el Clan tiene una organización firme, y Zarpa de Fuego es la cosa más mona del mundo. Lo bueno es que NO te olvidas de que son gatos, ni tampoco son gatos que parecen humanos. Es rarito pero se entiende y atrapa.
Definitivamente lo seguiré.

Reto A Contrareloj: Protagonista animal
Edu
Oct 24, 2008 Edu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warriors in my opinion was a very good book. The plot of the story was very interesting. Every time that something important or astonishing happen it hooks you more into the book. Its begging is okay but the end was good because it tells you things that you didn’t know. The situations that occur in the story are incredible and you will like them even more if you imagined it. The cat in the story wants to change his life to do adventures things and that is maybe one of the reasons the author writ ...more
Amber
Apr 02, 2016 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, kindle-own
I finally got around to reading this due to a kindle daily deal which I caved to.

I remember hearing about this series when I was a young crazed cat lover. At the age I currently am, I probably would have given this book three stars, but I know a younger version of me would have absolutely loved it so I gave it an extra star based on that.
Mariam
Nov 17, 2015 Mariam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
For generations, four Clans of wild cats have shared the forest according to the laws laid down by their warrior ancestors. But the ThunderClan cats are in grave danger, and the sinister ShadowClan grows stronger every day. Noble warriors are dying-- and some deaths are more mysterious than others. In the midst of this turmoil appears an ordinary house cat named Rusty . . . who may turn out to be the bravest warrior of them all.

Into the Wild is the beginning of a 6 book series, featuring a young
Jean
Aug 19, 2008 Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Into the wild is about a kitty-pet (cat that lives with humans)
named Rusty who always has dreams of the forest. Then one day when he ventures into the forest he met up with some wild cats. When they offer him to join their clan he decides he should. What happens to Rusty in the wild? Read. O.o
Wendy
Read this with my 8 year old while my 10 year old continues on with the series. Did not expect a kids book about cats to be so mature and intriguing, but hey, everybody wants to be a cat.
Alex
Jul 29, 2008 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cat lovers

I found this series while at the library, at first the book looked like cat fights. When I looked at the back it was actually book 3 (Fire & Ice). I found book one and found it interesting. I had 1/3 of the book done by the time I left the library. I finished it the next day. After loving the first book I had to get the sequel. I found it at Barns & Noble along with book three and book four coming out that fall. I was able to finish the entire series within two years. The way the last b
кαтє ♚ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇ
This is the book that started it all for me. I've always loved reading, but this is one of the first books I can really remember absolutely devouring. I believe the series isn't what it used to be after 100+ books, but this first arc and the journey we go on with Fireheart will always remain one of my favorites. I've read it countless times and never get tired of it.

This book is the very first in the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. In a forest four clans of wild cats live in constant turmoil. T
Anna
May 22, 2015 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was already reluctant to read it because (sorry) but I'm not a Cat lover. And love the Survivor books by Erin Hunter. I though I'd try it because everyone compares Survivors to Warriors...... But I'm just not interested in this. I Love My Doggie!
Deeken
Feb 16, 2009 Deeken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
A cat named Rusty finds that there is more to life then being a kittypet (housecat). When he gets rescued from his former life by a cat named Bluestar he finds that life is very complicated outside home. Will Rusty make it through or will life outside his kittypet home get the better of him?
Rolly Stardust
AhaincsbcyweBYVXVha!!!!
Gatti. Foresta. Avventura. Tradimenti. Intrighi. Battaglie. SCLERO.

Ho deciso, all'unanimità, tra me, me stessa e me medesima, che questo libro è bellissimo. Sia lode al Supremo Gatto per questo.

E' un libro per ragazzi, partiamo da questo. Quindi è semplice, scorrevole, diretto, senza troppe metafore e pensieri filosofici. Quindi qual è, qual è, vi chiederete mai, il punto di forza di questo libro al punto che una polemica e rompiscatole come Rolly possa lanciarsi in lodi s
Aju
Oct 15, 2014 Aju rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Do you hate that if your are separated form the rest just because you don't have the natural blood needed for that task, but you don't care because you speak what is in your heart and you are willing to die to help? The Warriors books are about cats that have there own clan with leaders and territory.Each clan also has a medical cat ,deputy ,warriors ,apprentices,queens and elders.There are five clans wind clan,shadow clan,river clan,thunder clan and star clan which is where the dead cats go to ...more
Jordynn Harwood
Oct 13, 2011 Jordynn Harwood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warriors: Into the Wild. The time this book came out I was in the fifth grade and I judged it by the cover. Boring. Finally when the eighth grade came I picked up the book in the school's library for something different since that was when the Twilight obsession started. The book started a little slow for me, but once I start something I finish it. By the end of the book came near I was giddy to get the next. Feral cats living in the forest by the moors and the river, in the deep pines where the ...more
Future Teachers, ...: Shannon Lane review 1 1 4 Sep 23, 2016 08:51PM
Albany Area Schoo...: Into the Wild (December 2015) 3 4 Aug 27, 2016 03:29PM
What Do You Think of Warriors? 1 7 Jun 09, 2016 11:39AM
Into the Wild Elimination Game 4 10 Apr 29, 2016 10:30AM
Firestar's Quest 1 4 Apr 29, 2016 10:28AM
What Order Should I Read the Series? 10 9 Apr 26, 2016 10:39AM
  • The Burning (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #6)
  • Silverwing (Silverwing, #1)
  • The Sight (Sight, #1)
  • Varjak Paw
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire, #2)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Secret of the Unicorn (Avalon: Web of Magic #4)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors (6 books)
  • Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2)
  • Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3)
  • Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)
  • A Dangerous Path (Warriors, #5)
  • The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6)

“You cannot live with a paw in each world.” 696 likes