Start by marking “The Hunt (Dark Touch, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hunt (Dark Touch, #2)

The Hunt (Dark Touch #2)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,060 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews

Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunt

Hannah Brown
Eve Evergold is back – and with demons once again. This time there are more demons to deal with in Deepdene. Unlike last time, however, these ones are willing to kill for what they want. And, to Eve and the town’s horror, they have already started…

I enjoyed this one way more than the first.

The characters have started to grow up! Both Eve and Jess seemed much more mature in this book, and their dealings with the demons and indeed with life seemed altogether much more appropriate as opposed to yo
Ambereen
Nov 01, 2013 Ambereen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE PLOT WAS EXCELLENT.IT HAD ME ON EDGE. IT MADE ME WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CHARACTERS. I REALLY LIKED JESS'S PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER. SHE WOULD BE AN AWESOME BEST FRIEND TO ANYONE WHO LIKES SHOPPING.
 Soph - Lock&Key
more like 2.5, but there is something about these books that make me keep reading them, no matter how much they annoy me.
Laura's Book Addiction
Rachel Shedden
Feb 12, 2012 Rachel Shedden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am beginning to think that Amy Meredith has no flaws. I loved this book! Meredith has truly got me glued to her Dark Touch novels and I can not wait to read the next book in this gripping series. I really recommend that you read it.

The title, The Hunt should sort of give you an idea what this book will be about. Something is hunting humans. Something that Eve would rather not think about. But when people she knows are attacked Eve starts to unravel terrible secrets. Can she along with her best
Michelle  novelsontherun
4.5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eve , Jess and Luke are back in another great YA read. Humans are being slaughtered in the woods, hunted down. Eve must hone her skills to help stop what is happening and solve the mystery.

Hard to hone your skills when you don't even know what you are doing in the first place. Eve is developing feelings for Luke, the player, but is he still the player or is there more to their friendship.

Jess has shown great staying power as a character, always loyal, always
Dajana J.
Jul 18, 2012 Dajana J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I told you the truth about me reading this book I think — I know — you'd say "What the hell?", "How can you do that?", "That just not right." but I'm just going to say it. I read this book without reading the first one. I never thought I would do that because it's not normal for a reader, right ? The reason why I didn't read the first one was because I live in a pretty much unknown country and I rarely find english books here, but I did find the second one and I was just so in love with the ...more
Charlotte Phillips
As your reading the novel, you do get this feel and sense of it being like buffy the vampire slayer. A preppy girl who likes to good and who likes to flirt, but who also has to protect the world from all the demons that are trying to destroy it. Therefore its not very hard to see what is likely to happen as the sega continues and I suppose that actually makes the books a little disappointing in some senses because they become far to predictable. After all, it is obvious that something between lu ...more
Novels On The Run
Nov 08, 2010 Novels On The Run rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MICHELLE'S REVIEW :

4.5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess has shown great staying power as a character, a
Beth
Jun 29, 2011 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eve and Jess are teenage best friends, shopping partners, and demon butt-kickers: the combined power of the Deepdene Witch and a hardcore cheerleader is a force to be reckoned with. Luke, the new boy about town who just happens to be a minister's son, is becoming part of Eve and Jess's team... but in a triangle of teenage friends, can friendship run smoothly?

Relationships, friendly and otherwise, are questioned when members of the Deepdene community start disappearing... only to be found in the
Pixie
Something is hunting. Something that will kill to get what it wants. And it isn't human. Eve knows that her supernatural powers are called for, but she'd rather focus on dating than demons and gorgeous Luke is, frankly, pretty distracting. He's already a friend - but could he be something more? Do Luke and Eve really have a future? And with demons on the hunt, will either of them live long enough to find out?

Ahem. Did I mention that in my review of Shadowsit was not really that good? Well, I may
NorwegianBook
Sep 27, 2010 NorwegianBook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Touch; The Hunt is an entertaining and a scary read, I had a hard time putting the book down. Eve is trying to figure out how to control her powers - with good help from her friends Jess and Luke. Eve soon discovers that Luke means more to her than just being a friend. A reporter comes to town to write about the death of the football player, but Eve and her friends thinks that he is hiding something.

Even though I could see it coming, I liked the fact that the author has picked Luke as Eve's
♥  Erika  ♥
Jul 16, 2011 ♥ Erika ♥ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adults
The portal of all hell is open, and Malphas isn't the only one that has escaped from another dimension. As Eve gets closer to finding out what is happening in Depedene, more deaths are on the rise. Will Eve, Jess and Luke ever find a way to close the portal, or will it be too late?

This book didn't disappoint me. I think i have kind of adjusted to the series now.. Ahh i just want Luke and Eve to be together, its killing me. You definitely have to read the first before you move on to the second be
Kezie Mck
Nov 23, 2014 Kezie Mck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lorie Lyn
Again, this one was as ok as the first book from the series. There's just something about this one that makes you want to keep reading and reading
Marlee
I feel that this book showed some amazing character development for Eve, Jess and Luke. All three have matured so much after all the events of the first book, despite it being mere months later. I loved how this book delved deeper into the demon world, and that Eve, Jess and Luke are really stepping into their roles as Deepdene's protectors. I loved all the new and exciting things that Eve is able to do with her powers, and how her best-friends, no matter what they are faced with, are always the ...more
Kay Fleming
Jan 02, 2016 Kay Fleming rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Great book, lots of deaths, very engaging. Much better than the first I loved it!
Maryanne
Mar 27, 2016 Maryanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally engrossing and tingly. :) Great story...on to the next!!
Yvonne Boag
One by one people from Eve's school are getting picked off in the woods. Whatever is killing them isn't human. Eve, Jessie and Luke are back on the job doing research into supernatural beings and Eve's powers. Sparks are happening from more then Eve's fingertips but does Luke return her feelings?

Ok, it's a pretty silly series, but it's also fun. It's about designer shoes, boys and best friends. Pretty much was every teenage book is about. The bad guy was obvious right from the start but then aga
Joen Ng
May 08, 2013 Joen Ng rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i like to read this book... at the beginning of the story it might not be interesting but when you keep on reading you will find it interesting and want to keep on reading...reading... and to the next book that is the fever.. actually the part where I found the most interesting was where Eve and Lurk was flirting especially when lurk move in to eve house and also Jess and Eve are so best friend that make me admire them :). I wonder, what will happen on the next book......
Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell
i loved this book, after reading the first one i had to read the second, so i started reading thinking brill everything going to be fine , but boom, demons !!
its really scary at the beginning when the first demon encounter started, there is romance,aka flirting, demon zapping, and makeup and fashion!!
i really hope that the 3rd one comes out as soon as possible it is called fever and by the way it ended in this book, romance will still be in the air!!
Caitlin
Oct 15, 2012 Caitlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked how this book focused on a human who was corrupted by power! It showed so well that people you thought you knew really well, you may never have known them at all...
Eve and Luke dancing around each other is starting to annoy though! It was cute at the beginning, but now I just want them to be able to finally admit to how they really feel about each other!
Peaceout
Jan 03, 2013 Peaceout rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second in the series and it was great. I was on edge the whole way through. I was completely yearning for more with every page I turned. WOW. The book blew me away. I can not wait to read the next in the series. I totally loved 'The Hunt',it is a must read.
Rebecca Kennedy
Another good book from Amy Meredith. This is the second in the Dark Touch Series and it is not a disappointment. This is a very good follow up to the first book and I could not put it down. I finished it in about two days!!!!
It is a must read for me.
Antonia Espinosa rivera
You do get this right gripping feeling while you read the book but I think doing a long book would have worked better than doing lots of tiny little sequence. And the first 40 pages of the book were boring in my opinion.
Emiliee
This book is quite entertaining and intriguing. I read the first book of this series after it had been on my shelf for quite some time and loved it. I am keen to continue this series further on.
Hannah
Jul 29, 2011 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kind of sucked you in throughout the book. A very easy read but the main characters are still too shallow for my liking. Unlimited money, curfew and absent parents. Yeah, that's realistic!!
Emma_Rose
Aug 06, 2010 Emma_Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was a great, short book. i like the balance of action and romance within this story. this installment take the series to a whole new level. i really think this is a promising series
Myfallenangle
Oct 03, 2011 Myfallenangle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i like this book, because after the first book shadows it comes straight back to the story. :) i love how Luke and Eve are starting to notice their feelings for each after. :)
  • Sins of the Fallen (Academy of the Fallen, #3)
  • Honor Bound
  • Dark Heart Surrender (Dark Heart, #3)
  • Twisted Heart (Dark Angel, #2)
  • The Return Part II & The Last Story (Remember Me, #2-3)
  • Divided Souls (Darke Academy, #3)
  • Book of Revenge (Knight Angels, #2)
  • Boys for Beginners
  • Earth Angel (Falling Angels Saga, #2)
  • Reign Check (Demon Princess #2)
  • Fated (Fated, #1)
  • Caged in Spirit (Caged, #3)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • The Broken Lake (The Pace #2)
  • Roots and Wings (The Gifted Teens, #2)
  • Water Waltz (Elemental Attraction, #1)
Amy Meredith now lives in California, though she has lived and worked in New York and the Hamptons where our heroes, Eve, Luke and Jess, come from. She has always had a fascination with the supernatural and wishes she had a super power like Eve's - although in real life she says she would definitely prefer shopping to demon-fighting!
More about Amy Meredith...

Dark Touch (4 books)
  • Shadows (Dark Touch, #1)
  • Fever (Dark Touch, #3)
  • Betrayal (Dark Touch #4)

“some girls are more special than others.” 23 likes