One Prayer Away

One Prayer Away

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  7 reviews

Mitchell Andrews made a bad mistake. His failure to cope made it worse. He turned to alcohol, and his angry outbursts drove his wife away--but it drove him to find Christ, sobriety, and newfound hope. He attempts to win back the love of his life, but the mistakes of his past threaten to undo his second chance. Will he come undone at his weakest moment, or will God give him

Published September 1st 2009 by Moody Publishers (first published September 1st 2006)

Jackie
This is such a good book! A story of deliverance and forgiveness that grabs you at the onset and flows flawlessly. Alcoholism, several forms of abuse, infidelity and lying are just a few of the issues touched upon; and though forgiveness is ultimately granted the seriousness of the issues isn't downplayed. Looking forward to reading more of her books.
Adrienna
This book covers topics like alcoholism that leads to physical and mental abuse casted upon his wife (what he loves) because of sudden tragic events. In the early chapters, things were a bit rushed to me and incidents thrown at me and had to reread it twice the first 30+ pages to make sure I got it. Overall, it is a good story.

3.5
Stephanie
This is a very good book that deals with the important issues, of alcoholism, domestic abuse, and forgiveness from a Christian perspective. I really enjoyed it. This is the first book I've read by this author, but I may check out some of her other books later on.
Satintiffany23
I really enjoyed this book! The end put me in such a good mood. The very next day after finishing this book I went in search for another book by Kendra Norman Bellamy. Im currently reading In Greene Pastures.
Sabrina
I loved this book! The plot, the many different trials that each character endured; this book was great from start to finish.. Is there a sequel?
Vanessa
If you don't have it, you should get it and start it today.
Elaine
Jul 22, 2009 Elaine marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
564/
Judy A
Judy A marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Destiny
Destiny marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Lady Krystal
Lady Krystal marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Sherika
Sherika marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Melba
Melba marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Pamela Rice
Pamela Rice marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Tru Essync
Tru Essync marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Cheyenne Robinson
Cheyenne Robinson marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Almarita Frederick
Almarita Frederick marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Connie Whitfield
Connie Whitfield marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
With multi-book deals with the highly esteemed publishers of Harlequin's Kimani Press (New Spirit imprint), Moody Publishing (Lift Every Voice imprint) and Urban Books (Urban Christian imprint), Kendra has risen to become one of the most acclaimed voices in Christian fiction.

Among other honors, Kendra has been named a bestselling author on the Black Expressions Bestsellers List, the Walmart Bestse...more
More about Kendra Norman-Bellamy...
For Love and Grace In Greene Pastures (Shelton Heights #1) Because of Grace A Love So Strong More Than Grace (Grace #3)