Start by marking “Three Weddings and a Kiss” as Want to Read:
Three Weddings and a Kiss

Three Weddings and a Kiss (Scoundrels #3.5)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  1,743 ratings  ·  108 reviews
Everyone loves a wedding...

Nothing lifts our hearts like the joyous peal of wedding bells. Or the sight of a happy couple being showered with confetti and good wishes. Now the most exciting new names in romantic fiction and the bestselling author who started it all -escort you down the aisle to a place of honor at four glorious celebrations of everlasting love:

KATHLEEN E

Published September 1st 1995 by Avon (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Three Weddings and a Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Weddings and a Kiss

Dina
Straight to the point...

The first story, "Fancy Free" by Catherine Anderson, was funny, entertaining and, sometimes, rather silly, but it was OK.

The second story, "The Mad Earl's Bride" by Loretta Chase, was great and the best of this set of short stories. I loved the characters, the setting and the unusual and emotional plot. I dare say this story alone is worth buying the book.

The third story, "Promises" by Lisa Kleypas, was good but not up to par with her usual standard. I expected something
Julianna
Nov 03, 2013 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Historical Romance Anthologies
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Fancy Free by Catherine Anderson – Fancy Free was a cute story, but nothing particularly unique to a long-time fan of Catherine Anderson like I am. It features her usual small, historical western town in Oregon as the setting, and one of her typical, mostly alpha cowboy/rancher heroes who happens to have a big family of brothers. In fact, parts of the story reminded me of Keegan's Lady, although since it was written after Fancy Free, it looks as though the author may hav
Christine
"Fancy Free" by Catherine Anderson irritated me. I guess it hits a personal note, because I lack respect for anyone who needs glasses and doesn't use them. Without my glasses, I am nearly blind, so no vanity or humiliation or whatever would stop me from using them... I'd rather see. Every time something happened because she 'couldn't see' it plucked my nerves. This plot device may not bother others the way it bothered me.

"The Mad Earl's Bride" by Loretta Chase was unique and quite enjoyable! I w
Keri
Sometimes one shouldn't do re-reads as some books don't hold up to time. These stories didn't. Wish I wouldn't have picked this up.
bookreader88
As far as anthologies go, it was ok.

Fancy Free by Catherine Anderson
I am a big fan of Catherine Anderson but struggled with this story. As a disclaimer, I am generally not a fan of novella's because I don't get the character development I like. That being said, Fancy Free was too much of a whirlwind. The heroine was a bit annoying in her dogged pursuit of justice and her ineptitude. However, that being said, it was a short and sweet story. I would give this one by itself 3 out of 5 stars.

The Mad
Cindy
4 historical romances with sex in 3. I originally bought this book for the Kathleen Woodiwiss. Over time I became a Lisa Kleypas fan as well. This was a frequent reread back in the day. Copyright 1995.

Catherine Anderson - 4 stars. I have a soft spot for this story. I know the heroine acts pretty dumb throughout. Clint & his 7 brothers make up for it. PET PEEVE : Why oh why do romance novel authors have to make their nearsighted heroine who wears glasses legally blind? As a nearsighted pers
Oleta Blaylock
April 10, 2014

THE KISS

I am not going to write a review for the Kathleen E. Woodiwiss story. I am posting this so those that might read this review will know that THE KISS is the first part of the prelude to A SEASON BEYOND A KISS. The second part of the prelude is BEYOND THE KISS. If you have any plans to read A SEASON BEYOND A KISS then you definitely should read the two prelude stories. These stories are about Jeff Birmingham, Brandon's brother from A FLAME AND A FLOWER.

PROMISES

This is probabl
Lili
meh meh...meh!
didn't really care for the characters, the girl came off as silly and too immature. She was pining for a guy she met once, said nice things to her and then left her to see the world because he wasn't ready to settle down... bleh!
Huma Rashid
The best stories in here are by Loretta Chase and Lisa Kleypas. The other two aren't really worth mentioning. (Sorry, authors. :/ I'm sure you're lovely ladies.)
Kristi
This book is a series of three novellas and a short story and they were all really good.

The first novella was "Fancy Free" by Catherine Anderson. It was a western and just sort of fun to read. Clint Rafferty was mistaken for his brother, Matt by a girl who wanted revenge for what Matt had done to her sister. Rachel couldn't see without her glasses and thought she had Matt but it ended up being Clint and they were caught in a compromising position and the rest is history. It was really a good sto
OceMei Belikova♥

although the story is quite short, yet I still love it. The story told about Lidian Acland who was insanely in love with Chance Spencer. The man never showed up,though. But she acted like they had shared some intimate love and she doesn't has any intention to seek another men even though there are so many men who attracted to her. One of them is Lord Eric De Gray.

Lord Eric happened to be the heir of De Gray after his oldest brother passed away. There is no
☂ ℬrandi
❤❤❤❤

I really wish I wouldn't have waited so long after reading this anthology to write a review since I don't think I can do it justice now. It's a great little read for historical romance lovers and if you're already a fan of Loretta Chase and Lisa Kleypas (I haven't read the other authors before) then I think you'll enjoy these stories too. So here goes my best shot at a review, about a week later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fancy Free by Catherine Anderson

This story is set in a small, hi
Bekah
The short story in this book by Lisa Kleypas is titled "Promises" and its about a young woman, Lidian, who believes herself in love with a good for nothing strutting peacock. Along comes the handsome Lord Eric De Gray who seeks to convince her that her love has been given away prematurely.

I prefered this short story to the last one in Gifts of Love. The story flowed better and the chemistry was felt more in this one as well. There was a secondary romance between Lidian's mother and Eric's uncle
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
kim
This was a set of short stories by well-known writers of historical romance. It was not what I've come to expect from a historical romance. Usually I come away having learned something about the history of the period in which the novel was set. These were pretty much basic romance formula set in an earlier time. Boy meets girl; they are forced into marriage for whatever reason; they grow to love each other deeply. There wasn't a whole lot going on in these.

Of them, the 2nd one was the best. "T
Estara
Nov 18, 2011 Estara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Lord of Scoundrels
Rereading my all-time favourite short story (well, actually it's a category length story) The Mad Earl's Bride - starring the cousin of Bertie Trent, simple brother to the heroine of Lord of Scoundrels and a hero with a medical conundrum.

Yes, it was as good during the umpteenth reread as it was at the start. There's one of my favourite Chase quotes in there - I have to see if it's up on GoodReads or add it - on the effect of physical beauty in a partner on a person who hasn't ever fallen in love
JoAnn
I am sure I read the last story The Kiss somewhere else. Perhaps it was a bonus on one of her (Kathleen E. Woodiwiss) other books? I am sure I read the story it is connected to, but it was a long time ago and while this is a nice story, it is very, very short (21 pages) story and it did not have the impact now that it would have had reading it closer to the original.

The two middle stories were the stars. The Mad Earl's Bride by Loretta Chase and Promises by Lisa Kleypas both gave a good account
Amber
I find myself again in the position of one who is not the biggest fan of romantic short stories. That said...I still really enjoyed this set!
Story 1: Oh lord, heroine, you are just...wonderfully inept. It's no wonder she weaseled her way into the family's hearts immediately! Seriously seriously cute story. Even if they both behaved like dumbasses.
Story 2: Dark brooding hero who recognizes and rolls his eyes at his dark broodingness by story's end? LOVE. Analytical DOLL of a heroine who is not fa
Krista D
2.5 out of 5 stars -- I mostly read this anthology because I am a huge fan of Lord of Scoundrels and Dreaming of You, and I knew that some of the characters in those books made a cameo in these stories. Overall, the cameos were really short and not really worth it. I would recommend skipping this book.

I thought that Lisa Kleypas's story was decent, but the hero was kind of a jerk at times. At one point I was even a little confused and thought that he might turn out to be the villain. There was a
Anna Marie
This is what I'd call a 'four-poppper'... where popular authors have written little novelettes and threw them together to make a buck, cooperatively. It's easier than having to do a whole novel, anyhow. But the thing about four-poppers is that typically there's one really good one, and three duds. Amazingly? This one had TWO really good ones, and two that you can't even consider finishing.

First there's Catherine Anderson's "Fancy Free", which... you don't even want to bother with. She can't writ
D
Fancy Free by Catherine Anderson -- mid-2s. inoffensive, but not smart. like a schlocky hallmark card -- sweet and light 'til it becomes cloying.

The Mad Earl's Bride by Loretta Chase -- low 3s. moments of humor, and some legit -- and earned -- chemistry between the protagonists. a glimpse into why chase can be so very good when she gets her ducks in a row.

Promises by Lisa Kleypas -- low 2s. underwritten. she's totally overrated. she fails to do her period research and rarely earns her Big Feelin
Karen Wapinski
Melowin
I am a fan of romance anthologies (novellas rather than short stories) - I think it's a great structure within the genre. You have a solid 100-200 pages to meet your two protagonists, give them some obstacles to overcome, and some solid time for resolution. Not too much time to just throw multiple random obstacles, and not a lot of room for a lot of secondary characters. But there's where things kind sometimes be good/bad. A lot of these anthologies end up having novellas that factor into part o ...more
Kathy
Setting: Shady Corners: streets, church, ranch outside of town

Theme: falling in love; overcoming self doubts

Characters:
Clint Rafferty: 27 years old; mother died 6 years ago; alcoholic father died 5 years ago; they lost that farm, and moved to homestead – he has care of 6 younger brothers (youngest 6); he’s worked hard to make the ranch work and to care for his sister;

Matthew and 5 brothers: Matthew the next oldest, and he looks a lot like Clint, and he charms the
Sara ♥
"The Mad Earl's Bride" - Loretta Chase

Interesting... kinda dark, almost Gothic at the beginning at least! But that's what you get when you use the moors as your setting—Wuthering Heights. I thought Dorian ("Cat") and Gwen(dolyn) were great! Though NOT romantic, their reasons for marrying made sense, as did their reasons for falling in love. The medicine was really intriguing, but as soon as the coffee incident happened, I knew EXACTLY what his issue was! (view spoiler)
Christine B.
Gerrie
I read this book specifically for Loretta Chase's "The Mad Earl's Bride." It's a sequeal to Lord of Scoundrels, one of my all-time favorite books; and a prequel of sorts to The Last Hellion. It did not disappoint. Both Dain and Jessica from Lord of Scoundrels make an appearance, and I'm always eager to read about them. The heroine is a frustrated healer, in an age when women couldn't become doctors or nurses. The hero has a medical condition that he believes is fatal. The two enter into a marria ...more
Amy
This was a great compilation! I enjoyed all three of the longer stories in the book but also enjoyed the short story at the end. My original intent when starting this book was to read one short story then go and read another book and come back the second short story and continue. That way I would not be read all three in a row. However I found that I was so interested in the story that I read the book straight through.
Whe Garcia
I have read this bundle more than a decade ago, and it was because of Miss Woodiwiss' bit of story about the second Birmingham brother. After, re-reading I find myself liking the story about the mad Earl more than that of the gentleman from Oakley Plantation, although it made me want to re-read the novels dedicated to the story of the Birmingham brothers once again.
Amanda
I gave this book five stars but that is only really for the first three stories as the last story was barely even a story.

The First story, Fancy Free was very sweet and funny. I must admit even teared up over it. While the story may not have been perfect, for a short story it was pretty good.

The Mad Earl's Bride was really great. It was fun seeing the gang from Lord of Scoundrels. I thought the heroine (can't remember her name) was really great. She wasn't a simpering miss and she wasn't afraid
  • A Historical Christmas Present
  • A Christmas Present
  • Christmas Love Stories
  • Three Times a Bride
Kathleen Erin Hogg was born on June 3, 1939, in Alexandria, Louisiana, she was the youngest of eight siblings by Gladys (Coker) and Charles Wingrove Hogg, a disabled World War I veteran. She long relished creating original narratives, and by age 6 was telling herself stories at night to help herself fall asleep. At age 16, she met U.S. Air Force Second Lieutenant Ross Eugene Woodiwiss at a dance, ...more
More about Kathleen E. Woodiwiss...
The Wolf and the Dove The Flame and the Flower Shanna A Rose in Winter Ashes in the Wind

“I spent hours yesterday talking of little but medical symptoms and insane asylums. And you listened as though it were poetry and all but swooned at my feet. It is too bad I don't have any medical treatises about. I'm sure I need read a paragraph or two, and you will become ravenous with lust and begin tearing my clothes off. (Dorian from "The Mad Earl's Bride")” 2 likes