Start by marking “Hollywood Musicals: The 101 Greatest Song-and-Dance Movies of All Time” as Want to Read:
Hollywood Musicals: The 101 Greatest Song-and-Dance Movies of All Time

Hollywood Musicals: The 101 Greatest Song-and-Dance Movies of All Time

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A spectacular, information-packed celebration of the most beloved movie musicals, from My Fair Lady and Singing in theRain to Moulin Rouge and High School Musical.

The follow-up hit to the bestselling and acclaimed Broadway Musicals, Hollywood Musicals pays grand tribute to the 101 most popular and enduring musical movies. Beginning in 1927 and continuing to the present it
Published December 8th 2010 by Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers (first published November 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hollywood Musicals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollywood Musicals

Julie
I had a mania for these kinds of old Hollywood books when I was a teenager. I thought this one looked great, but didn't like it as much when I actually opened it up. While I read the criteria for choosing the movies, I thought a lot of them were weird choices. The layout was also kind of hard to read with a lot of little boxes of info. Maybe it was just me. Whatever - I ended up paging through the last half.
Andrea
It's a decent book. My only problem is that in some cases it wasn't as informative as I wished. The plot descriptions left much to be desired in some cases, being more in the style of goofy satire and not really giving me an idea of the actual plot. There were also some typos that I found somewhat annoying. It was still a pretty fun book though and I did enjoy most of it.
Zelina
Zelina added it
Dec 18, 2014
Christina Wehner
Christina Wehner marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Amphika
Amphika marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Marie Collins
Marie Collins marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
bookishscribbles
bookishscribbles marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2012
Kaethe
Kaethe marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2011
Kirsty
Kirsty added it
May 27, 2011
Kassak
Kassak marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2011
Sitcoms: The 101 Greatest TV Comedies of All Time The American Songbook: The Singers, Songwriters & The Songs Broadway Musicals: The 101 Greatest Shows of All Time Broadway: An Encyclopedia Hollywood Song: The Complete Film & Musical Companion