Start by marking “Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine” as Want to Read:
Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine

Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine

Legendary singer and New York Times bestselling author Patti LaBelle reveals her mouthwatering culinary secrets for eating your way to a healthier life.
Published April 1st 2003 by Gotham Books

To ask other readers questions about Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine

Amy "the book-bat"
Mar 16, 2012 Amy "the book-bat" rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I like how Patti LaBelle made sure to get the diabetic exchanges for the recipes. I know the book came about because she is diabetic. I thought it was interesting that she included recipes from some of her celebrity friends who are also diabetic. I didn't realize Halle Berry was until I read about it here. Anyway, many of the recipes sound really good and I will probably be trying some soon. It can never hurt to try to eat better.
Loni
Jun 20, 2012 Loni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really appreciated that the ingredients were, for the most part, pantry staples, no trip to the gourmet store required. I do wish there were more pictures of the food, however, I did enjoy Patti's stories.
R. Mark
Mar 05, 2008 R. Mark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great companion book to her first cookbook. This is her effort to live with her diabetes by watching what she eats. As a border-diabetic, I appreciate the healthy offerings.
Adrian
Jul 30, 2010 Adrian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The original is better, although I understand her doing this version since she was diagnosed with Diabetes.
Amy Taylor
May 28, 2008 Amy Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, but mainly to those who have to watch their diets, but still love the soul food taste.
Very tasteful dishes for cutting the calories and watching your eating habits.
Mo
Jul 13, 2007 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the health-conscious who can still appreciate a tasty meal
Patti offers recipes for "soul food" without the usual artery-clogging, heart-stopping effects. Among my favorites are the lamb chops recipe and cabbage recipe.
Carmen
Sep 05, 2012 Carmen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoying this one, it will be a cookbook I continue to refer to!
Winter Sophia Rose
This Cookbook Is Awesome!
Adrienna
Sounds good, but have not tried any of the receipes yet.
Amazonianone
Aug 18, 2012 Amazonianone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this book when I was younger and it has some good starter recipes for the home cook.
Mckinley
Jan 09, 2013 Mckinley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
Not as much as some of the other diet cookbooks, but still replacing with fat-free and reduced etc. Why not replace with more natural healthy options?
Corinne
Corinne rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Tracie garner
Tracie garner rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2017
sylvia
sylvia rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2017
Rakisha
Rakisha rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Vallerie
Vallerie rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2010
Michele Smith
Michele Smith rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2016
Elizabeth James
Elizabeth James rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Maria Griel
Maria Griel rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
MizUndahStood
MizUndahStood rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
Dorothy Parhams
Dorothy Parhams rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Yatin
Yatin rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2015
Porsche
Porsche rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
DONNA MEDLIN
DONNA MEDLIN rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2016
Alicia (PrettyBrownEyeReader)
Alicia (PrettyBrownEyeReader) rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Belinda Smith
Belinda Smith rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2017
Ginnie Grant
Ginnie Grant rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2014
kimberly alexander
kimberly alexander rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Erin Rager
Erin Rager rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The 1,500-Calorie-A-Day Cookbook
  • The Dumpling: A Seasonal Guide
  • Quick & Easy Chinese: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • Top Secret Recipes--Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakes: Creating Cool Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Drinks
  • Skinny Italian: Eat It and Enjoy It - Live La Bella Vita and Look Great, Too!
  • A Book of Mediterranean Food
  • Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet
  • 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • Cook Yourself Thin: Skinny Meals You Can Make in Minutes (Voice)
  • Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express: 404 Inspired Seasonal Dishes You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less
  • The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker
  • Canning & Preserving for Dummies
  • Prescription Alternatives: Hundreds of Safe, Natural, Prescription-Free Remedies to Restore and Maintain Your Health
  • Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy: A Feast of 175 Regional Recipes
194704
Patti LaBelle is an American singer and actress. She fronted two groups, Patti LaBelle and the Bluebelles, which received minor success on the pop charts in the 1960s, and Labelle, which received acclaim and a mainstream breakthrough in 1974 with their song "Lady Marmalade". She went on to have a solo recording career, earning another U.S. #1 single in 1986 with "On My Own", a duet with Michael Mc ...more
More about Patti LaBelle...