Start by marking “Cardinal Rules” as Want to Read:
Cardinal Rules

Cardinal Rules

3.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  331 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
A wealthy man-about-town is captivated by an aloof market analyst and creates a project for her to work on, so that he can get closer. But Corrine wants nothing to do with the known womanizer, and obstacles to their eventual union abound.
Published February 1st 2004 by Mira Books (first published June 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Cardinal Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cardinal Rules

Louise
Apr 04, 2009 Louise rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Well, I must say that this is definitely not Ms. Delinsky's best work. However, her stories are always written well enough so that you at least want to finish the novel.

From back cover:

"Rule#1: Never Get Involved

Corinne Fremont has always lived by this rule. Determined not to become like her irresponsible and selfish parents, Corinne has never dropped her guard in her professional or personal life. She's all business-all the time. That is, until she gets an opportunity too enticing to ignore...

R
Leslie Mcnenly
Jul 11, 2013 Leslie Mcnenly rated it did not like it
The only reason I finished this book is that it was a free audiobook from the library. Would not recommend.
Becky
Jan 30, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing
Corinne is an analyst who does market research and lives her personal life the same way. Her parents put her and her sister off on to their grandmother to raise so they could live in the fast lane, including an open marriage. Corinne is determined not to be like her parents and is completely satisfied with her career and the life she has chosen. Until she meets businessman Corey who is her bosses best friend. They have been both warned to not get involved as they have nothing in common and will ...more
Coleen Mcconnell
Apr 27, 2015 Coleen Mcconnell rated it did not like it
I didn't realize this was one of Barbara's earlier books, very typical cheap romance, boy sees girl. Girl doesn't like boy, he must have her, blah blah blah. I stuck with it for 5 chapters and couldn't take it anymore. No substance at all, much different from her older novels. Don't let this discourage as she is a great writer.
Cynthia
May 28, 2015 Cynthia rated it it was ok
Not as good as her newer releases. The guy was creepy. The characters were not likable. Glad I got this from the library and didn't pay for it
Denise Jo
It was an okay book but not one of her best. I really wanted to put it down and not finish it, but I did read the whole thing. Not one I would recommend, although she is one of my favorite authors
Catherine Ann
Mar 21, 2014 Catherine Ann rated it really liked it
Really nice quick light read. Only took 2 days to finish. I enjoyed it. Somewhat predictable but still a good book.
Jailene Rivera
Mar 11, 2015 Jailene Rivera rated it liked it
Gotta love you some ginger ;)
Joann Krause Radke
Shelves: 2015
Just OK!
Freda Larimer
Feb 17, 2014 Freda Larimer rated it it was ok
Would not recommend this book. Too fluffy.
Denise Groszkiewicz
Feb 21, 2015 Denise Groszkiewicz rated it liked it
It was a cute book but definitely did not like the ending .
Jenn
Jul 20, 2015 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
first book on tape.
Denise
Nov 09, 2010 Denise rated it really liked it
What a cute light read. This book was a fun read. I was a little worried in the beginning when the well experienced man began to bully the inexperienced female. However he quickly decided that it was not the way to her heart, so he started to treat her with kindness and understanding. I really enjoyed that, and wished that all men had that kind of insight.

OK so it was very realistic, but it was a cute and fun read. Nuff said.
B
Sep 18, 2013 B rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, 1-star, listened-to
I just wrote a long scathing review and Goodreads ate it. I am so mad at myself for finishing this book and then wasting more time to review it and then losing it. Suffice it to say this book was AWFUL when my rage settles I may come back and update my review.
Lori
Oct 25, 2015 Lori rated it it was ok
I struggled to get through this book. I found the guy to be obnoxious and unlikable. I was listening to this book on a long trip and found myself having to turn it off a few times.. Definitely not one of Batbara's best.
Jami Dutcher
Apr 24, 2013 Jami Dutcher rated it liked it
This book was just OK for me. I listened to it on CD and maybe it was the narrator but I struggled to get through this book which is very uncharacteristic of Barbara Delinsky books.
Mary Newton
Jan 19, 2013 Mary Newton rated it it was ok
Just wanted to get her name on my list because I know I read several of her novels at some point. I guess I tend to read an author compulsively until I hit a disappointer.
Amber Teamann
Oct 28, 2015 Amber Teamann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Light easy read..I liked the characters and felt the character growth was easy to see. Not meant to be a "deep" book but was def a pleasant read! I enjoyed!
Montessahall
May 27, 2015 Montessahall rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I agree with those reviewers who state this is definitely not
Barbara Delinsky's best work. I can forgive because it was
one of her earlier books.
Babs
Mar 10, 2011 Babs rated it liked it
Improbable and quick read. Well done but clearly one of the author's earlier works lacking depth.
Katie
Jun 23, 2012 Katie rated it liked it
It was a good book if you want want that "takes you away" for a bit. Decently sappy :)
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Jan 30, 2011 Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell rated it really liked it
Cute book. This was back when Barbara wrote true romance *sigh* miss that.
Judi Fennell
Aug 24, 2008 Judi Fennell rated it it was amazing
A great read! It's one of my keepers. Just an all-over, feel-good book!
Wendy T
This was another good romance novel by one of my favorite authors.
Schwartz
Jun 27, 2008 Schwartz rated it really liked it
Have yet to read a book by B.Delinsky that I haven't liked.
Katy
Mar 06, 2015 Katy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. I didn't like the sudden ending.
Mrs. Unick
Feb 13, 2009 Mrs. Unick rated it liked it
the first book i ever read by barbara. got me hooked.
  • Love, Lies and a Double Shot of Deception
  • Military Daddy (Mounted Color Guard, #2)
  • The Night Remembers
  • Wicked Eddies (An RM Outdoor Adventures Mystery #2)
  • Where Is He Now?
  • A Weaver Wedding
  • What A Girl Wants
  • Wizard
  • Knight of Fire (Fire, #2)
  • Fever (McCalls, #1)
  • Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man (Amanda Bell Brown Mystery, #1)
  • Joy
  • Coffee And Kung Fu
  • Breakfast at Stephanie's
  • Getting Over Jack Wagner
  • On the Couch
  • Daughter of the Stars
  • Stranger in Paradise (Carson Springs, #1)
I was born and raised in suburban Boston. My mother’s death, when I was eight, was the defining event of a childhood that was otherwise ordinary. I took piano lessons and flute lessons. I took ballroom dancing lessons. I went to summer camp through my fifteenth year (in Maine, which explains the setting of so many of my stories), then spent my sixteenth summer learning to type and to drive (two sk ...more
More about Barbara Delinsky...