Start by marking “Rächerin der Engel (Beaufort & Company, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rächerin der Engel (Beaufort & Company, #3)

Rächerin der Engel (Beaufort & Company Mystery #3)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  451 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Die attraktive Anwältin Bree Winston ist zurück. Gemeinsam mit ihren Angestellten, den Engeln, vertritt sie die Seelen der Verstorbenen, die zu Unrecht verdammt wurden. In ihrem dritten Fall untersucht Bree den Tod des Bankiers Russell O’Rourke, der nach einem Millionenverlust angeblich Selbstmord beging. Doch schon bald deuten die Zeichen auf Mord: Jemand hat den Bankier ...more
Published February 2011 by Piper (first published February 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Rächerin der Engel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rächerin der Engel

The Flooze
I’m a fan of the amateur sleuth. They blunder their way through, often making a god-awful mess of things, but they generally have some saving grace - keen observations skills, the advantage of being overlooked, a sharp wit or a cool head that allows them to narrowly escape danger. Bree Winston-Beaufort has none of these qualities. Instead, she’s quick to anger and willfully ignorant of her situation, frequently stating that she’ll delve into it later. When will later come?

Granted, this is a myst
Marsha
Jun 03, 2010 Marsha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults: Over 18
Shelves: first-reads
Mary Kay
Avenging Angels is the third book in a series about an attorney who's clients are always in grave danger. Ha! She's an attorney who represents clients who have died and need representation in a celestial court -- get it? Grave danger? It's okay, the best thing about well-written mysteries in a paranormal setting is they don't take themselves too seriously. Mary Stanton would probably love that joke.

Anyway, the series is set in Savannah, Georgia, and the heroine, Brianna Winston-Beaufort, is a de
Pamsholley
Brianna Winston-Beaufort, lawyer, somehow works for the dead. If she touches, or is near, an object owned by a deceased person who needs vindication by Celestian Justice, she takes on the case, aided by her "heavenly" help: Lavinia, Petru and Ron. A former law professor of hers and "The Warrior" are also part of Beaufort & Company. The dog Sasha also keeps her out of danger.

What seems to be a suicide case turns out to be murder as the victim has been shot twice---the first time to paralyze h
Denise
This series by Mary Stanton is fun, entertaining and is a new twist on "paranormal" and legal fiction. Savannah lawyer Brianna Beaufort and her legal team of Angels go about defending souls who where perhaps given too harsh a sentence to purgatory and beyond. Having clients who are dead already makes the job that much more of a challenge
Elizabeth
This has become one of my favorite series. I love the characters. They're colorful and humorous. The books take place in Savannah, one of my favorite places every and they're just a little different - kind of off center - in a good way! I already have the next in the series on hold at the library.
Trine
Another great Beaufort & Company Mystery read with some new information on the origins of Beaufort & Company and as usual some interesting information on the history of Savannah.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This is an excellent book and the series just seems to be gathering speed. I eagerly look forward to the next one.
Jenni Strader
Mary Stanton does it again. Fun read! Bree and the angels rock!
Sandy
Great book! Just wish there was a little more romance...
Tresa da BookNerdette
Ivyd
How, on God’s green earth, did I miss the first 2 books in this series? AVENGING ANGELS is unique as far as the paranormal cozies I’ve read; possessing an inventive premise with carefully balanced light and dark aspects. This keeps the Beaufort and Company series from being twee. The series is set in Savannah, also known as God’s country, which adds the charm of this historic Southern jewel. (Naw, I'm not the least bit partial.) I loved Bree, Antonia, Aunt Cissy, Hunter and the rest of the “temp ...more
Dine
Der Klappentext verrät eigentlich schon, worum es geht.
Brianna Winston-Beaufort, kurz Bree genannt, ist Rechtsanwältin und eher für ungewöhnliche Fälle zuständig. Ihre Klienten sind bereits tot und müssen vor dem himmlischen Gerichtshof vertreten werden.
Bree selbst ist ein Mensch, ihre Angestellten sind alle Engel in verschiedenen Formen.
In diesem dritten Band nun soll sie einen Bankier vor dem Fegefeuer retten und muss sich dazu in dessen irdisches Leben mit Frau, Kind und Freunden begeben. Dab
Elizabeth
This one is more of a stretch. Bree, young attorney for the living and the dead, smart but inexperienced finds evidence missed by the NYPD and an obsessed homicide detective that a suicide was actually a murder. In the previous books when Bree found evidence it felt a little more realistic. I don't mind suspending my disbelief but there comes a point where it comes crashing back down again and won't be denied.

The nitpick I had with the previous books was that the author leaves us behind at the
Marlyn
I finished the third book in the Beaufort and Company series at the Halifax airport yesterday during our 3-hour layover.

Bree Winston-Beaufort, Esq., has accompanied her gorgeous sister Antonia to an estate auction. While inspecting a desk, she is surprised to hear someone ask her to help him. Since the Russell O'Rourke, owner of the desk had recently committed suicide, she assumed that the voice belonged to him, and set out to help his spirit "pass through".

Upon investigation, though, the deat
C.
I said of the earlier two novels, I’m a fan of Mary Stanton's subject, idea, and original environment. These and a taste of Georgia, USA are neat. It’s exciting to ponder a spiritual legal system for less-savoury personages but I'm unsure I would have procured succeeding volumes, if they weren’t purchased ahead. With respect for a wonderfully creative author, it's a shame her tone and approach drive me up a bend.

I find too much description about bickering and nervous habits. A little antagonism
Heather Tisdale
I really like the possibilities that this series offers. I love Bree and I'll definitely continue to read in order to find out what she will encounter next. What keeps me from loving it is the action sequences. As I said after book one, there is potential for action and Stanton starts to build the stress levels and draw you in, but then the action sequences themselves lack substance. You don't see the fight, or get a look into what's really happening. Although book 2 did much better in this rega ...more
Kristen
Well, given that I more inhaled this book than simply read it, I would say I enjoyed the newest installment in the Beaufort & Company series!

Once again, Bree is contacted by a dead individual - at the auction for the deceased's possessions, no less - begging for her help.

Russell O'Roarke is officially considered a suicide, given that his investment banking business went bankrupt amid accusations of improper behaviour and an investigation by the SEC. In fact, had he lived O'Roarke was looking
Pamela Turner
The extraordinary cases of Savannah lawyer Bree Beaufort and her rather unique Company are not only satisfying "paranormal cozy mysteries" (Publishers Weekly's description) but a refreshing take on angelic lore. The main and secondary characters are likable and have defined personalities. The occasional squabbles between Petru (paralegal) and Ron (secretary) are amusing as are Bree's attempts to keep her role as an advocate for the deceased from her human family and acquaintances. Nevertheless, ...more
Loretta
Well, I am thrilled that this series is so tastefully done! I have no qualms about recommending this adult mystery to any of my various friends with delicate tastes, nor do I have any reservations with recommending these books to my more raw reading friends! I enjoy the wit, the drama, the... well, I would say something witty and french right here, but I would just embarrass myself, so... moving along! *cheesy grin!*

I love that these mysteries are pieced so neatly into a drama without being dram
John
Until nearly the very end, aside from one incident (no, not the murder), this one's best described as: "A week in the semi-exciting life of Bree Beaufort." I'm actually a bit confused as she's hired to look into a murder (happened before book opens - there's another later); I didn't think folks hire attorneys specifically to do that?
I had a great deal of trouble differentiating the characters here. Perhaps it was the narration, but the new hire seemed a lot like Lavinia to me. Moreover, Bree is
Jessica
I started this series when it first came out. I really liked the idea that a lawyer could serve in the temporal and corporal plans. I also like that she has a trusty sidekick in Sasha her dog to help her. Bree is not a ghost or an otherworldly entity, she is quite human with human wants and needs. She has to contain all of this while hiding her heavenly practice from her family.

In this installment, Bree thinks she is being summoned by the ghost of a dead scoundrel who embezzled millions. What s
Vickie
This is such a neat favorite of mine series. It's a great example of the paranormal mystery genre. I love the characters, the premise of a human working with angels to help people who might have been wrongly put in the nether reaches of the afterlife.
This one had a lot of twists and turns as much as it showed the evolution of Bree in her new role as an advocate. She enjoys what she's doing, even if it causes sleepless nights and haunted law offices.
There is not as much scary stuff as in the pa
Ivy
Book 3 of the Beaufort & Company series. I have been reading this series from the start and have really enjoyed them. These really do need to be read in order or else you get confused about the characters. I find that I learn a little bit more about the main characters in each book. In this one I found out that Brianna's mother also was a lawyer for the dead.

This book is very well written, the characters are interesting and the story just keeps on getting more interesting all of the time. T
Faithann
Jul 03, 2012 Faithann rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Faithann by: Karen Spor
Shelves: 2012
Mary Stanton did such a great job with this book. It's the third on in the series, and it hasn't lost any steam. I am certainly going to have to check out some of her other books.

In this book Bree is contacted by a spirit while at an auction with her sister Anonia. However when she goes to the records department has nothing about the spirit filing for an apeal. This is just the first in a series of unexplainable events that are about to unfold. So, not only are you (the reader) in the dark, even
Elizabeth
I really liked this series before, but having had a recent trip to Historic Savannah it was even more relate-able. I loved being able to recognize and visualize the actual locations! We unknowingly ate at Huey's (as recommended by our hotel). I have no idea why I didn't remember that it had such a major role in the series. I like that the characters are developing well, but not too quickly. It was frustrating at first, but I enjoy it now. All too often, author ruin characters by having them rush ...more
Brianne
As mystery books go, this one wasn't bad. Won it in a first reads giveaway. It was a little heavy at the start didn't totally lift off the ground until about halfway through.

The twists at the end didn't seem like they had enough hints in the earlier text, the last few chapters could have been a whole different book. In the end it seemed too easy for everyone. Mysteries should be harder to crack.

I obtained this book through the First Reads Giveaways program.
Jessica
Sigh. The hottie angel guy that it looked like she might hook up with in the first book is again relegated to minor supporting role in this one. Still have major confusion about where all of this is supposed to be leading to in regards to the overarching mythology of the series. And just way more legal finagling than action, IMO. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either, and am becoming frustrated with it. Think I may be giving up on this series...
Al

Law school hasn't prepared Bree to appeal cases for the dead. After inheriting her great-uncle's haunted law firm, she must now represent ex-banker O'Rourke, who supposedly killed himself after losing a fortune. But with a merry widow and evidence mounting, it's beginning to look like murder. So Bree and her team of angels begin to investigate. But Bree soon discovers that someone would rather see her deceased than debriefed.

Georgiann Hennelly
Since inheriting her great uncle,s haunted law firm Brianna Winston Beaufort has had some unusual cases that traditional law school hasn,t prepared her for.She represents the dead.Her latest case is ex banker Russell O,Rouke who supposedly killed himself after losing a fortune.It,s beginning to look like murder. But someone would rather see Brea dead than have her discover the truth. About what really happened to Russell O.Rouke.
  • Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)
  • A Timely Vision (A Missing Pieces Mystery #1)
  • Merry, Merry Ghost (Bailey Ruth, #2)
  • Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Skeleton Takes a Bow (Family Skeleton Mystery #2)
  • The Ghost and the Dead Deb (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • Chance of a Ghost (Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #4)
  • A Taste Fur Murder (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #1)
  • Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)
  • Der Venuspakt
  • Witch Hunt (Ophelia & Abby, #4)
  • Death by Diamonds (A Vintage Magic Mystery #3)
  • If Books Could Kill (Bibliophile Mystery, #2)
  • Mind Over Murder (Raven's Nest, #1)
  • The Death of Me
Mary Stanton was born in Florida and grew up in Japan and Hawaii, after which she returned to the United States and received a B.A. in Philosophy and Literature from the University of Minnesota.

Stanton’s career as a fiction writer began with the publication of her first novel, The Heavenly Horse from the Outermost West, in 1984. A beast fable similar in tone and theme to Watership Down, it was pub
More about Mary Stanton...
The Road to Balinor (Unicorns of Balinor, #1) Sunchaser's Quest (Unicorns of Balinor, #2) Defending Angels (Beaufort & Company Mystery, #1) Valley Of Fear (Unicorns Of Balinor, #3) By Fire, By Moonlight (Unicorns Of Balinor, #4)

“Bibamus, moriendum est.

-Death's unavoidable, let's have a drink!”
3 likes