Start by marking “Fodor's Hawaii 2007” as Want to Read:
Fodor's Hawaii 2007

Fodor's Hawaii 2007

Lounge at a decadent beachside spa, snorkel amid vibrant coral reefs, or walk on the rim of the world's most active volcano. Whatever you choose to do, exploring paradise has never been this much fun, or this easy
LOOK INSIDE FOR AN INNOVATIVE, NEW TRAVEL GUIDE
Comprehensive, up-to-date, and easy to use, "Fodor's Hawaii 2007" remains the best resource for organizing your t
Published August 29th 2006 by Fodor's Travel Publications (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Fodor's Hawaii 2007, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fodor's Hawaii 2007

Yiota Kandalepas
May 20, 2015 Yiota Kandalepas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2015 edition - Read sections for Maui and Kauai.

Good restaurants that they selected for where we stayed in Lahaina and Poipu. Enough pictures to hold your attention and the sites selected were great. Only wished for Kauai that there were a little more details for hidden gem beaches - you need to read Kauai Revealed for that.
Sonica
Apr 30, 2015 Sonica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so far, i'm finding that fodor's is better than other guide books i've read. the voice is dry and there aren't many pictures, but everything i read is immediately relevant and useful, and something about it instills confidence that i'll pick the best place to eat or the best kayak rental...
Heather
Jan 08, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again an amazing guidebook by Fodor's, perfect for picking out stops on our honeymoon.
Anne
Jan 15, 2012 Anne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
I'm giving the 2011 edition 4 or 5 stars. My library got this version, so I thought I'd upgrade. Not so much. I generally respect fodor's, but it doesn't seem like they even tried. The prices for every attraction I knew of were wrong; they suggested you go to Honolulu's Borders store; and without looking for problems, three blatant contradictions jumped out where they listed different times or prices for the same event or attraction. Save your money and get a cheaper 2011 guide for now. 2011 is ...more
Meredith
Can I go now?
Lyn
Dec 20, 2008 Lyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually get one of those "insider guides" or a lonely planet travel guide when I am heading somewhere. I grabbed this one because it was the most current guidebook. I visited three islands and it was actually more helpful than I thought it would be - especially since I had already been on two of those islands.

A great book for a first timer to Hawaii - but only if you are visiting multiple islands. I'd stick with the lonely planet version of the particular island you are visiting otherwise.
Caroline
Mar 01, 2010 Caroline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Currently planning a vacation to Hawaii, and this book was great from the very beginning. Up front it offers a handy table to choose your island: are you interested in beaches, nightclubs, golf, scuba diving, snorkeling, hiking, kayaking, etc.? Each island is rated for how much of each activity it has. That helped me immediately narrow my focus to Kauai and the Big Island.

Lots of useful, practical information from people who have been there. This is invaluable.
Kim
Jan 20, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fodor's never let's me down when it comes to understanding an area ahead of my exploration.
Danielle
May 03, 2014 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic guide book for Hawaii. Great information to help someone plan out their trip to specific islands.
Robin
Aug 14, 2009 Robin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Fodor's is your typical vacation destination overview and this edition featuring some information about each island was a great way to see them at a glance and narrow down some of our choices as first time visitors.
Shiloh
Jun 18, 2009 Shiloh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
going to hawaii for our honeymoon!!
update: I bought this book to help us decide which island we should visit, and we chose Maui! There were lots of helpful hints, and now we can't wait to go!!
Dawn
Nov 07, 2007 Dawn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone going to hawaii
Marlene and I are headed to The Big Island next month, I have to do my research, even though Marlene and I both agreed that we weren't going to have a schedule.....don't tell her.....lol
Karen
Feb 06, 2009 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read (truthfully - scanned) this book to find out information about different hotels on the islands. I will more than like re-read it in a different light when I actually go to Hawaii.
Wyma
Feb 13, 2009 Wyma rated it liked it
Mine is 2009. It is huge, covers all the islands, and has information on tours. It's a good reference but too big to take with.
Carrie
Mar 28, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Bought this to help plan my trip to Oahu. As usual, very helpful book. I highly recommend Fodor's for trip planning.
Marilyn
Jun 04, 2008 Marilyn rated it liked it
Just read sections on Oahu and the Big Island...before our trip to Hawaii.
Emily
Feb 05, 2009 Emily rated it liked it
Oahu is going to be fantastic. Waikiki here we come!!
Aug 09, 2007 Sarah rated it really liked it
Ah Hawaii. Fodor's is like Let's Go for grownups.
Ilovekona
Jan 20, 2009 Ilovekona rated it it was amazing
Not as good as Hawaii Revealed but similar
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Patrick Agemian
Patrick Agemian marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
christian
christian rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2016
David
David added it
Jul 16, 2016
Sandra Testa
Sandra Testa marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
  • Braving Home: Dispatches from the Underwater Town, the Lava-Side Inn, and Other Extreme Locales
  • Oahu Revealed: The Ultimate Guide to Honolulu, Waikiki & Beyond
  • Driving & Discovering Hawaii: Maui & Molokai
  • Shoal of Time: A History of the Hawaiian Islands
  • France
  • Off the Eaten Path: Favorite Southern Dives and 150 Recipes that Made Them Famous (Southern Living)
  • Celebration, U.S.A.: Living in Disney's Brave New Town
  • Travel Writing: See the World. Sell the Story.
  • Waking Up in Eden: In Pursuit of an Impassioned Life on an Imperiled Island
  • 501 Must-Visit Destinations
  • Very New Orleans: A Celebration of History, Culture, and Cajun Country Charm
  • Sunflower Houses: Inspiration From the Garden--A Book for Children and Their Grown-Ups
  • Go Outside and Come Back Better: Benefits from Nature That Everyone Should Know
  • Flat Belly Diet! Pocket Guide: Featuring Your ULTIMATE 28-Day Eating Plan for Lasting Weight Loss
  • The Frugal Gourmet Celebrates Christmas