China: A Photographic Journey through the Middle Kingdom

China: A Photographic Journey through the Middle Kingdom

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  3 reviews
This attractive little volume is the perfect stocking stuffer for any Sinophile: its 238 breathtaking color photographs take us on a visual journey through the greatest splendors of China’s varied geography and the chief monuments of its 5,000-year-old civilization. These remarkable images show us the country’s most famous landmarks—like the Forbidden City, the Great Wall,...more
Published August 24th 2010 by Abbeville Press

To ask other readers questions about China, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about China

Joel
Gorgeous book of photographs. Includes everything from ancient and natural wonders though modern marvels like the Watercube and the Bird's Nest. There's a great picture of the Forbidden City in the snow that's simply breathtaking. There are a lot of interesting panoramic foldouts too. My only complaint is its small dimensions.
Kelli
Brilliant! I have been to China and these pictures truly shows what the best of China looks like. Especially the red and blue porches and the landscape. I love this. Its a great book to have.
Cindy
Beautiful scenery!! Amazing look at the history that China has managed to maintain over thousands of years. We should learn from them how to keep the good from our past.
Joakim Lord
Joakim Lord marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
China (Photography) Rechtsfragen Der Grundung Und Des Betriebs Von Joint Ventures in Der Volksrepublik China China Eccentric Design Tibet