Start by marking “The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach” as Want to Read:
The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach

The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  707 ratings  ·  33 reviews
The Book of Stones is a new edition of the best-selling guide to some of Earth’s most beautiful natural objects. Two introductory chapters detail the authors’ theories about how to work with crystals and stones—including the concept of crystal resonance and the scientific observation that living organisms (such as ourselves) are liquid crystalline structures. An illuminati ...more
Paperback, Heaven and Earth, 465 pages
Published September 4th 2007 by North Atlantic Books (first published October 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Stones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Stones

C.J. Prince
This is a stellar reference book for the properties of stones and especially for their metaphysical attributes. Plus an affirmation with each stone. If you haven't already known of the beauty deep within the earth (besides diamonds and amethysts and a few others that grab headlines), grab this book and settle in for a long read of stones I covet. You'll definitely want Nuummite and Rose Quartz under your pillow. My husband thinks I sleep in a rock pile. Well....
Amit
I bought this book after a lot of positive reviews and also scolded the delivery boy as he was a couple of days late for the most anticipated book, I opened and found a beautiful blue cover with awesome pictures inside, however when I read the information in the pages I was a little miffed with the information from Robert Simmons view, his observations on the crystals were very much generic in terms like 1) It brings in a lot of positive luck 2) Clears the negativity 3) Bridges the gaps in the a ...more
Lindsay
One of the best books about stones I've read so far...but..

I don't like the fact lots of stones are being trademarked. For example, they talk a lot about these special stones named Azeztulite while actually it's white quartz which can be found at just a couple of places. Rare.. well no. Less common than white quartz, yes. While they sell these stones for thousands of dollars online, I've bought pieces starting at 3$ (from both North Carolina and India) from an mineralogist. Yup, you can find the
michelle
He has lots of unusual crystals and even one that can only be purchased through him. His book pushes HIS crystals. It is my least favorite book on crystals and one that I never use.
Karli
This is the bible for gemstone therapy. The book provides a comprehensive description of the stones along with spritual, emotional, and physical benefits and chakra information.
Jackie
Excellent source source of information. Full color images, key words, elements, chakras, spiritual, emotional, and physical properties.
Angela Warner
The is far and away the best book on crystals and gemstones you'll yet find. It's beautifully illustrated with full-colour photos of each type of stone and there are So Many listed herein. Each stone is introduced by keywords, associated elements, and associated chakras. The core description begins with a geological notation on the stone's mineral constituents and where the stone is usually found. Thereafter is an intuitive description from Robert Simmons and then an intuitive description from N ...more
Lee
I love my crystals but I am very choosy about the books that I use as reference tools for my metaphysical practices and healing. This is one of a few.

A very comprehensive guide to crystals and gemstones, their metaphysical properties, their history, and the ways to use for healing.

A must for the crystal healer and practitioner
Penny
This beautifully illustrated encyclopedic guide to healing stones is full of both geologic information and interpretations of the metaphysical and healing applications of these crystals, minerals and metals. A wonderful resource for anyone interested in crystal healing.
LINCCReviews
Great resource and reference book! Some of the information and correspondences differ from what I've learned, but different folks different strokes. The photos are a nice touch, and I love the format of the entries. This one's going on the to-buy list! (Saga Culina)
Ellen
The Book of Stones is one of the highest quality efforts to communicate the use of crystals as healing tools. The photography is unprecedented in works of the nature, of which I own most. These authors deserve attention and praise for their erudite knowledge of this subject matter. Although I own at least a two dozen books on stones and crystals as a crystal healer, this book is second only to Melody's exhaustive work in the genre. That book is not better, the two books are different. Worth the ...more
Tameeka
As a newbie to the world of crystals and stones these seems like a great reference book. I picked it up as a recommendation from someone. It was informative and great photos of the stones.
Leah Shaw
The information is vague and generalized and rewritten copping other books written before it. The book of stones is not even close to Melody's work. Robert Simmons takes ordinary quartz stones etc. gives them a different name and then patents them and charges people more money for them making a bundle in the process. He is a con man at best. Writing a book with information making sure to include his own named stones and stealing money from duping the innocent public.
Casey Smith
One of the pre-eminent source manuals on gemstones and crystal therapy.

I was led to this book by my 'intuitive' sister and grew to love it as she does. Since that time, I have found that everyone who is the least bit knowledgeable on the subject of gemstones has read this book.

Much more like an encyclopedia, if you love crystals and gemstones you will return to this book time and time again.

A 'must-read' for those who are interested in crystal therapy!
Ron Campbell
This is a newer book than Melody's and one that I use often. I like how it is written by two authors that provide a feminine and masculine view point. Each Stone and Crystal has a passage by both authors. There is also a quick reference for each item that lists the Physical, Mental and Spiritual characteristic of each Stone or Crystal. Each Stone also has a color picture so it is easy to identify each stone.
John Martel
It's more of a reference book so I haven't read it cover to cover... This is a wonderful book if you want to learn more about crystals and their metaphysical properties. It is full of great stone descriptions from two leading stone experts and contains full color photos of all the stones. It was co-authored by one of my clients.
ElvenIvy
An excellent reference for people interested in the metaphysical properties of stones. I consult this book regularly. I particularly like how there are two authors who give their distinct takes on each stone. Very handy book if you are into practical/nature magic as well.
Jenn Hillman
A great reference book for stones and gems. I enjoy the breakdown of the energies of the gems... and having two points of view on each one.
Not as complete as Melody's books... still highly recommend this one for anyone interested in Stones and Gems healing energies.
Katja Willemsen
Excellent manual of properties and metaphysical attributes of stones. Provides wonderful insight to what the earth provides for us to live and heal by. Easy to reference with beautiful photos of each stone.
Elena
I really enjoy this book and use it on and off on a regular basis. I've selected many stones based on the information in here, some of which are very powerful. Great photos.
Demi Black
I use this book for all my crystal resnonance theraphy understanding. If you are into cyrstals than this is a must have.
Laurenp
Aug 21, 2011 Laurenp is currently reading it
By far one of the best books for any jeweler working with gemstones to have. A hand guide no stone lover should be without!
Stefania
excellent reference guide for metaphysical energies and properties of crystals, minerals, and gemstones
Amethyst Shadow
A must have book for people who work with gemstones for healing or magical use.
Brandi
Excellent resource! I will be going back to this for years and years!
Lia
Mar 15, 2009 Lia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended by an eBay rock seller with great stones and crystals.
Tania Leong
One of the best crystal reference books i have come across so far.
Lauryn Guerrieri
Old information, not good for metaphysical studies.
Gori Suture
An excellent reference book with beautiful pictures.
k8beeZ
AWESOME CRYSTAL MANUAL!!!!
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • Crystal Bible 2
  • Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development
  • Crystal Therapy
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • The Witch in Every Woman: Reawakening the Magical Nature of the Feminine to Heal, Protect, Create, and Empower
  • The Healer's Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Energy Therapies
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
  • Crystal Enlightenment: The Transforming Properties of Crystals and Healing Stones
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Candlemas: Feast of Flames
  • Witch in the Kitchen: Magical Cooking for All Seasons
  • Natural Magic
  • The Witches' God
  • Magical Housekeeping: Simple Charms & Practical Tips for Creating a Harmonious Home
  • Book of Pagan Prayer
Stones of the New Consciousness: Healing, Awakening and Co-creating with Crystals, Minerals and Gems The Pocket Book of Stones Moldavite: Starborn Stone of Transformation Earthfire: A Tale of Transformation The Book of Stones, Revised Edition: Who They Are and What They Teach