Start by marking “Awesomely Simple: Essential Business Strategies for Turning Ideas Into Action” as Want to Read:
Awesomely Simple: Essential Business Strategies for Turning Ideas Into Action

Awesomely Simple: Essential Business Strategies for Turning Ideas Into Action

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  91 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews

The six core strategies to elevate any business-and how to implement them-made simple

What do the world's most successful companies and organization have in common? And what can you actually take away and use from their examples? Distilling the best fundamental business strategies, trusted advisor and strategist John Spence helps you take a hard look at your business and to

Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Awesomely Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awesomely Simple

John Spence
Apr 20, 2011 John Spence rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Small business owners
Recommended to John by: I wrote it!
Yes - I AM the author -- but here is the "somewhat" unbiased review I posted on my own book on Amazon... I hope you find this helpful.

I think this is a pretty good book. Not life-changing. Not revolutionary... but a good, solid book on the fundamental aspects of running a highly successful organization.

Here is the deal: I have worked as a business improvement consultant and executive trainer in more than 300 companies around the world - from tiny start-ups to Microsoft, GE, IBM. I have also rea
Rusty Fulling
March-2010 - The author does a good job in breaking down SIMPLE strategies such as:

M/V/V - Mission - "Why we exist"
Vision - "Where we want to go"
Values - "How we will act along the way"

SMART Goals - Specific - "Detail exactly what you want to achieve" Measurable - "Goals must be quantifiable" Agreed on - "Everyone has to agree/buy in on the goals" Realistic - "Goals must be achievable, otherwise demoralizing" Timebound - "Specific date for achieving goals"

Conistent superior customer service
Tanner
Feb 27, 2010 Tanner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Is your business or organization becoming so complex that you are slowing down and becoming less innovative?

Then this book is for you.
Michael
I really want to tell you to run out and get this book. I genuinely believe that it can have an amazing impact on your business. The concepts in this book and an intense focus on taking action off of them was amazing. The thing that wasn't... the authors voice. I did listen to this in Audiobook format, so that may have had an impact, but John Spence can't seem to help from mentioning himself and his experiences. The man is brilliant and the ideas warrant a healty ego, I just wish he had managed ...more
Cathy
May 30, 2015 Cathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Book! Easy to ready with ideas that truly can be turned into action, but don't necessarily cost a lot or take huge amounts of implementation time or structure.

I use it for a number of different ideas and places where I have worked. Re-read pieces regularly.
David Ulloa
Apr 15, 2016 David Ulloa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anybody that plans to succeed in business needs to read this book by John Spence.
CJC
Dec 12, 2015 CJC rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
all common sense but well said! Loved this book
Angelo
Mar 16, 2014 Angelo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Time and time again I found myself thinking "wait, this is something I can actually do!" and scribble a todo to myself. Very actionable, yet grounded. I liked it!
Bernie May
Oct 01, 2012 Bernie May rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Spence has an amazing faculty & discipline, plus years of actual business experience, which he uses to consume business books and distill them into six focused chapters. Good reading for business & other leaders anywhere.
Lucy
Dec 19, 2012 Lucy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book...concise and to the point. First business book I've ever read where I didn't fall asleep in the first chapter...THIS book is a quick read but very imformative.
Tim Giuliani
Oct 03, 2013 Tim Giuliani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that cuts through the noise and has the content to ground young business people or seasoned executives in the basics of running a company. Highly recommended.
Krystle
The book read as stated.. ok read, not my favorite but not bad either.
Jose Gonzalez
Dec 23, 2012 Jose Gonzalez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that every entrepreneur should read
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Shantell
Shantell marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Ryo Hatsuki
Ryo Hatsuki marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Silvio
Silvio marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
dlavalli
dlavalli marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Matt Cooper
Matt Cooper marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Marcell
Marcell marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Spage
Spage marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Bill Hagaman
Bill Hagaman rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Mike Guerrieri
Mike Guerrieri marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Rob Myklebust
Rob Myklebust marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Hans Pedersen
Hans Pedersen marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Matt Callegari
Matt Callegari rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Jessica Wealth Aletor
Jessica Wealth Aletor marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
  • Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales
  • Changing the Game: How Video Games Are Transforming the Future of Business
  • The Millionaire Maker: ACT, Think, and Make Money the Way the Wealthy Do
  • Billion-Dollar Lessons: What You Can Learn from the Most Inexcusable Business Failures of the Last 25 Years
  • A Million Bucks by 30: How to Overcome a Crap Job, Stingy Parents, and a Useless Degree to Become a Millionaire Before (or After) Turning Thirty
  • Co-Opetition
  • Execution Premium
  • To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christian Free Enterprise
  • The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business
  • The 5 Patterns of Extraordinary Careers : The Guide for Achieving Success and Satisfaction (Crown Business Briefings)
  • The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself
  • The High-Beta Rich: How the Manic Wealthy Will Take Us to the Next Boom, Bubble, and Bust
  • The Ten Roads to Riches: The Ways the Wealthy Got There (and How You Can Too!)
  • The Scavengers' Manifesto
  • Stealing MySpace: The Battle to Control the Most Popular Website in America
  • Google Speaks: Secrets of the Worlds Greatest Billionaire Entrepreneurs, Sergey Brin and Larry Page
  • Seven Years to Seven Figures: The Fast-Track Plan to Becoming a Millionaire
Background on John Spence

"Making the very complex...awesomely simple” is no mere catch phrase, it is truly John Spence’s mission in life. Driven by an insatiable curiosity to understand the fundamental aspects of what it takes to achieve and sustain excellence in business and life, John Spence has earned a reputation as a leading authority in the areas of Strategic Thinking, High-Performance Teams
More about John Spence...