Start by marking “The Privateer Clause (Marsha & Danny Jones #1)” as Want to Read:
The Privateer Clause (Marsha & Danny Jones #1)

The Privateer Clause (Marsha & Danny Jones #1)

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Step onto the promenade deck of the Sea Empress for a cruise of a lifetime and become part of the world's greatest series of murder mysteries and thrillers in the Caribbean. Marsha and Danny Jones retired from law enforcement and thought it would be just the thing to break the boredom of retirement to be security consultants to protect the Seven Seas Company's finest ship ...more
Published June 14th 2010

To ask other readers questions about The Privateer Clause, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Privateer Clause

Linda
I give this zero stars. I liked the concept, but I had to stop reading because the writing was so poor. It seemed to be written by a 12-year-old with no editing whatsoever. Verb tenses didn't match and it was full of misspellings and typos. It jumped all around and was basically a hot mess. The description of life on a cruise ship wasn't even that accurate, to which I can attest as a cruise veteran. I really wanted to follow the story, but I just couldn't take any more.
Rick F.
Oct 20, 2011 Rick F. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Cruising has never been so dangerous. Join Marsha and Danny Jones, both retired law officers, as they go on their first cruise and end up working for Black & Perkins providing security for the Seven Seas Company and their fleet of cruise ships.
One threat after another is faced all over the Caribbean as this husband and wife team take them all on and win more than they lose."

Yes,-Cruising has never been so dangerous- in the superb new thriller, The Privateer Clause, by Ken Rossignol, but in
Rick F.
Oct 20, 2011 Rick F. rated it it was amazing

Oct 27, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as part of a first-reads giveaway.

I found The Privateer Clause to be a highly entertaining roller-coaster ride of a novel filled with a great deal of action. This action takes place on a cruise ship and in several Caribbean ports of call. The beginning of the novel introduces the reader to the Sea Empress, a luxury cruise ship being enlarged and refurbished, the Seven Seas Company that owns her, and a whole host of interesting characters. We are also introduced to Black and
Liz Vinc
Jun 10, 2015 Liz Vinc rated it it was amazing
Ken Rossingnol's "The Privateer Clause" is a gripping murder mystery/thriller that takes place on the Sea Empress, a cruise ship. Marsha and Danny Jones are retired law enforcement officers who have been hired as security consultants for a cruise ship company. This responsibility takes them head-to-head with a group of unsavory individuals looking to wreak havoc on the ship. If I were to describe this book in one word, it'd be FUN! There's a ton of action, some humor, and plenty of suspense to k ...more
Andrew Western
Oct 08, 2015 Andrew Western rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I hated to put it down, but due to my eyesight problems I could not read it in one sitting. I probably could have finished it in one, but instead it took me two days. Talk about non-stop action, wow! This kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading it. If the others in this series are this good, I will have quite some enjoyable reading material for a while. Thank you Ken Rossignol for the great read!
Quillracer
Jun 08, 2016 Quillracer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
An apt subtitle for this book might be A Tedious Journey.

The basic premise – a retired law-enforcement husband and wife team providing security on a cruise ship – was an interesting concept. Sadly, that concept was ruined by terrible execution and mechanics. Scads of wrong words, missed words, extra words, punctuation errors, stiff dialog, and sentences that stumbled or made no sense made reading (and translating what was written into coherent prose) a chore.

The main characters were given the wr
Tarissa
The Privateer Clause -- it's a rule of the seas that dates back to the late 1600s, and is now being put to use in modern times. (And is definitely an intriguing element to this maritime thriller.)

There's a lot going on in this book (a few murders perhaps, nothing out of place when you're in international waters, eh?), along with a few other things that I'll let Marsha Jones tell you about...

"What did I get? Pirates, bombs, more pirates, a nutcase Presidential brother, and even a submarine."

Yep,
Patricia
Nov 06, 2011 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It definitely kept my wanting more. There were ups and downs that made you feel like you were on a roller coaster. I loved the detail that was given in the book, it made it easy to follow and understand each character.

This was a book that it was hard to put down. The days that I read it I noticed I was doing only reading and nothing else. This was a well written and I loved the characters of this book.

I look forward to more books from KEN. Great BOOk...
Patsy
Nov 07, 2015 Patsy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the series of The Privateer Clause (Marsha and Danny Jones Thriller #1) this is their first cruise after retiring as law officers and end up as Security Consultants for a cruise firm, they are on the Sea Empress Cruise Ship.

This is an action packed murder mystery with pilates, terrorists, submarines, bombs a real roller coaster ride across the Caribbean with so many twists and turns.

Rossignol is an outstanding master storyteller he brings in so many characters and make
Marilyn
Jul 30, 2015 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Good

the retired couple who went to work for a security organization who provided security for ships that.are cruise ships.there are terrorists.
Carlleen Cairns
Nov 22, 2012 Carlleen Cairns rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Privateer Clause; the story is packed with plenty of action, twists and turns. The descriptions of the cruise and ports had me believing I was on the cruise right along with the characters. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is looking for an action- packed adventure.
Kirsten Dillard
Nov 02, 2011 Kirsten Dillard rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It definately kept my interest. Although, at times it seemed a bit too detailed, it set the stage for what was to come. Great book - will definately read more from this author!
Zoe
Nov 05, 2011 Zoe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great action, great characters! Hard to put down and you just hate that it has to end.
Doris Bright
Nov 07, 2011 Doris Bright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard to put down. Great action and suspense. Fun to read.
Joanne
Learned things about cruises and staff
Jo-Ann Murphy
I won this book from the Goodreads giveaways. I saw all the positive reviews and I must wonder what book they read.

I must give this book zero stars because I could not finish it. I really tried to give it a fair shot but after 50 pages I could not take any more. I hate writing a bad review but this book should have had a lot more work before being released.

The sentence structure is bad. I had to read sentences two and three times to try to figure out what the author was trying to say. A novel sh
Frank Sloan
Feb 01, 2015 Frank Sloan rated it it was ok
Good story, but...

Sorry, I just can't tolerate profanity, I.e. misuse of God's name. An otherwise neat read was ruined for me. Another Amazon review poster chided me once for having that opinion, saying it's "just language." Maybe...but the folks I hang with don't use profanity and I don't need to subject myself to it.
Mary Ellen Dryden
Jan 15, 2015 Mary Ellen Dryden rated it it was ok
Narrative

I choose this rating because I found this book strange. It was a very weird story with non inspiring characters. Put downs of Americans unnecessary in the story. Just did not like it
Judy Barto
Mar 12, 2016 Judy Barto rated it it was amazing
A good read! Ken Rossignol kept this reader on the edge of my seat. The Privateer Clause is worth reading.
Candy
I see people having positive comments on this book, I however have no idea why. It is poorly written, and because of that I couldn't even get past the first chapter. My 12 year old can write better. I give this book zero stars and recommend people pass on it.
Mr. Peter J. Finn, Jr.
Mr. Peter J. Finn, Jr. marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Sonda Barber
Sonda Barber rated it did not like it
Jun 14, 2016
Catherine Kenworthy
Catherine Kenworthy marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Cath White
Cath White marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Sarah is currently reading it
Jun 03, 2016
Bobbi Ballou
Bobbi Ballou marked it as to-read
Mircalliaz
Mircalliaz marked it as to-read
Cindi Knowles
Cindi Knowles rated it really liked it
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • We Hold These Truths
  • Kotov Syndrome (Zero Sum, #1)
  • Tag (The Zumar Chronicles, #1)
  • Bad Spirits (Kate Jones Thriller, #1)
  • The Price of Innocence
  • The Atheist's Daughter
  • Blood Money
  • Long Holler Road - A Dark Southern Thriller
  • The Six O'clock Rule
  • American Crow (The Missing Series)
  • Chasing the Storm
  • The Gate (Black Ops, #2)
  • Capitol Reflections
  • Stalking Jack: The Hunt Begins (Madeline Donovan #1)
  • Devil's Food (A Loretta Kovacs Thriller, #1)
  • Malicious
  • Hypocrisy
  • PRETTY GIRLS MAKE GRAVES (Camden Noir Crime Thrillers Trilogy Book 1)
Writing in true crime, maritime history and cruise thrillers occupies most of Ken Rossignol's time.
As a maritime history speaker, Rossignol enjoys meeting audiences around the world and discussing the original news stories of the sinking of the RMS Titanic and other maritime history topics.
In recent years Rossignol has appeared on more than a dozen ships in the Pacific, Atlantic, Mediterranean an
More about Ken Rossignol...

Marsha & Danny Jones (6 books)
  • Return of the Sea Empress (Marsha & Danny Jones #2)
  • Follow Titanic (Marsha & Danny Jones Thriller, #3)
  • Follow Triangle - Vanish (Marsha & Danny Jones #4)
  • Cruise Killer (Marsha & Danny Jones #5)
  • BEHEADED: Terror By Land, Sea & Air (Marsha & Danny Jones Thriller Series #6)