Start by marking “God, Creation, and Tools for Life (Journey of the Soul, #1)” as Want to Read:
God, Creation, and Tools for Life (Journey of the Soul, #1)

God, Creation, and Tools for Life (Journey of the Soul #1)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  357 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Sylvia Browne brings you Book 1 of her exciting new "Journey of the Soul" series. This journey, she says, is an odyssey, and is probably the most glorious journey you will ever take - a spiritual banquet of knowledge that will fill your soul with realization and truth.
Published March 1st 2000 by Hay House (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about God, Creation, and Tools for Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God, Creation, and Tools for Life

Tina
Feb 25, 2015 Tina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: soul
This is the second time I've read this book. I love this book. It actually made me happy reading it. It has a great description of the female side of God. I don't agree with everything. I find that Francine the spirit guide can be a little egotistical, especially for someone who has only incarnated on earth once. There is some fear mongering too: don't light red candles cause they are negative, don't wear blue because you will feel blue etc. I don't think that these rules are accurate and seem t ...more
Kate Zirkle
Mar 09, 2008 Kate Zirkle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: metaphysical
This is one of my favorite books by Sylvia Browne. It changed my life when I read it. Some books just resonate within your soul and this was definitely one of them.
María Paz Greene
Oct 04, 2015 María Paz Greene rated it it was amazing
Me encantan los libros de casos reales, y me encantan los libros de temas como estos, qué alivio sería que fuera cierto, qué felicidad me encanta, me encanta... me gustaría saber mucho más de todo esto. Además, a ella le creí todo. Es una pena que en libros más posteriores se ponga más a dar cátedra que a contar casos, y a hablar de espíritus guías, y uno (yo) le crea menos, o se aburra un poquitín.

¡Hasta le seguí en twitter después de leerla! Aunque creo que después la des-seguí porque no la us
Cyn
Feb 22, 2015 Cyn rated it it was amazing
This book, this entire series is a profound life changing experience. This book reached a side of me that no other belief system or religion has ever been able to touch. This entire 3 book series resonated with my inner spirit to such a significant point, that they are literally the beginning of my long spiritual journey. Absolutely recommend these! Especially for those who have an open mind, or have never really known what to believe in. These books are pure love.
Kelley
Jan 24, 2013 Kelley rated it really liked it
The first of a series of three. I do have all three and will read all three, but this was so packed with thought-provoking information that I need to digest this and skim through it again before I go on to the next. I will read this again. I read this is small bursts. It was a quick read, but at times very dense material.
If you pick this series up please have at least an elementary knowledge of who Sylvia Brown is and have an open mind. Parts of this really spoke to me, other parts weren't so i
Vaughn
Oct 25, 2008 Vaughn rated it it was ok
It was an interesting book.
I'd say this book, unless you appreciate religion to a high degree, is mostly for your information. I saw it like a "dark glass" reflection of the author's life, psychologically speaking. It seems to me that her meditations and trances were showing her innermost fears and hopes projected onto another world.
Despite the psychological metaphors, the ideas of this book are helpful and to pertain to my own beliefs of energy and the universe. Very positive and comforting,
Chandra White
Feb 17, 2011 Chandra White rated it it was amazing
One of the first books by Sylvia I have ever read. Not to be totally dramatic, but it literally changed my life. I was, I believe actually touched by the presense of a higher power as I was reading it. I remember weeping uncontrollably several times throughout, and just transformmed somehow. It has brought me closer to God. And Azna for some people. I am having a harder time accepting her somehow, although I don't want to dismiss her totally.
Scorpio
Mar 30, 2013 Scorpio rated it it was amazing
Had this book on my shelf for a couple of years, but once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. Sylvia Browne discusses life and the afterlife as she knows it through her spirit guides. She offers explanations for some of life's biggest mysteries. She writes about father God and mother God, spirit guides, dark entities and the soul's journey. Going to read the rest of the series.
Mel
Jul 27, 2011 Mel added it
Not my favorite. I read the 2nd in the series (read out of order) and loved that one so much that I HAD to pick up the 1st one. I found this one (the 1st one) really hard to get into with a lot of things I disagreed with or had a hard time swallowing. Had to really push myself to get 1/2 way and after that I ended up just skimming. It didn't feel as comforting as the 2nd book.
Marla
Jun 25, 2011 Marla rated it really liked it
This is very interesting reading. Parts of it seemed more like fantasy but it was certainly thought provoking and I do not believe anyone should bother to read this if they are not willing to read it with an open mind. I will want to read it again to see if my own mind has opened up since first reading it.
Joyce Hallgren
Sep 08, 2013 Joyce Hallgren rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I own this book, and have read it several times over. I also own the entire series. They are so beautiful, they are hard to put down. They warm your soul.I wish everybody could read these wondrous books. God Bless Sylvia, for bringing them to us.
Deana
Apr 27, 2009 Deana rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people with open minds
Shelves:
This book I have as a reference/encouragement. It basically says over and over again that God loves you but it gives info about the other side. It comes close to what I believe except it is hard for me to except Azna.
Julia
Aug 31, 2007 Julia rated it liked it
I like spiritual books and books about the afterlife, but a lot of this stuff seems kind of crazy. Some of it was kind of comforting, but if everything she says is true, then I think it's too much information for me.
Kris Pride
Aug 09, 2015 Kris Pride rated it it was amazing
My wife and I read this together and discussed. A lot really resonates with me, some is hard to swallow, but fascinating. We've already started the second book in the series, Soul's Perfection.
Rebecca
Mar 30, 2009 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2009
This is the first of three books. They were one of the first ones that Sylvia wrote and now I have about 35 of her books. So this explains a lot of stuff she reference later on. I really enjoyed it.
Jennifer B.
Apr 15, 2016 Jennifer B. rated it liked it
A book that ponders the female aspect of God, and how that figures into creation.
Nina
Sep 23, 2008 Nina rated it it was amazing
Oh ya baby. Sylvia explains the world (with the help of her Guardian Angel, Francine).
Heather
Jul 21, 2009 Heather rated it liked it
This one made my head hurt, but very intersesting concepts.
Maureen Davis
the only book I have EVER written in----and in INK
Stacey M
Feb 25, 2009 Stacey M rated it liked it
Good read. Liked it, but didn't love it.
Jackied Delgado
A different perspective on life...
Creative Choices
Jan 25, 2008 Creative Choices marked it as to-read
Own it haven't read it yet!
Jessica
Oct 06, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Love it.
Cynthia
Jul 06, 2013 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
great
Dlblumer Blumer
Dlblumer Blumer marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Sheila
Sheila rated it liked it
May 24, 2016
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Georgia Phillips
Georgia Phillips marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
  • The Pagan Mysteries of Halloween: Celebrating the Dark Half of the Year
  • Moonfall
  • Voice Of The Blood
  • The Key Is Love: My Mother's Wisdom, A Daughter's Gratitude
  • Many Ways to Say I Love You: Wisdom for Parents and Children from Mister Rogers
  • Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal
Sylvia Browne is a number one New York Times–bestselling author and world-famous psychic. She has appeared regularly on The Montel Williams Show and Larry King Live and has made countless other media and public appearances. She is also the founder of a church, the Society of Novus Spiritus, which will celebrate its twenty-fifth anniversary in 2011.
More about Sylvia Browne...

Journey of the Soul (3 books)
  • Soul's Perfection (Journey of the Soul, #2)
  • The Nature of Good and Evil (Journey of the Soul, #3)