Start by marking “The Everything Breastfeeding Book: Basic Techniques and Reassuring Advice Every New Mother Needs to Know” as Want to Read:

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This book presents advice on every aspect of breastfeeding, covering such topics as the benefits of breastfeeding, nursing positions, pumping and storing milk, exercise, family life, and weaning.
Published December 18th 2008 by Adams Media Corporation (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Breastfeeding Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Breastfeeding Book

Ally
Oct 05, 2008 Ally rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone serious about breastfeeding
When I was a first time mother, with little advice from my mother and few friends who had kids, let alone friends who breastfed their baby. I got this book to help me, as I was determined to breastfeed my daughter. I read it cover to cover once and then went back to the sections that were relavent to me before she was born. It was GREAT!! It also helped me in looking for the appropriate childcare by explaining the different options and the questions to ask when interviewing. I later became a mem ...more
Jodi
Feb 06, 2008 Jodi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: first time mothers or mothers who need a refresher course
It really was a great book to give her briefs on everything you might want to know to get started as a breastfeeding mom. It was preachy or too "natural," it was just good basic information about different types of holds, storage of breastmilk, problems you might encounter, etc. Have recommended to friends and will continue.
Bobbie Greene
This book had so much great information in it! In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it or request it on our baby registry. I took a full page of notes from it, and have a short list of topics on which to do more research! This is a wonderful resource.
Lindsey
Jun 30, 2008 Lindsey rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fathers of new babies/partners of nursing mothers
Very vague information. I already knew a lot oabout breastfeeding, so this was of no help to me. However, had I been able to get my hubby to read it, he would have learned so much.
Mrs. Lawler
SUPER informative! I already planned on breastfeeding Kennedy when she is born, but now more than ever I know that I am making the right choice!
Brittany Dalomba
Very informative & I felt very prepared after reading it to start nursing.
Theresa
Useful because it was easy to go back to certain topics for reference.
Honeypumpkin0831
Loaded with lots of information and tips!
Phillipylorna
Great breast feeding book.

Steph
Steph added it
Jul 28, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Ashley Cassidy
Ashley Cassidy marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Alice
Alice added it
Jun 07, 2014
Michelle Walker
Michelle Walker marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Katz!
Katz! marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2013
Mommy Rescue Guide: Breastfeeding: Lifesaving Techniques and Advice for Every Stage of Nursing Breastfeeding Sucks: What to Do When Your Mammaries Make You Miserable