Start by marking “The Everything Breastfeeding Book: Basic Techniques and Reassuring Advice Every New Mother Needs to Know” as Want to Read:

This book presents advice on every aspect of breastfeeding, covering such topics as the benefits of breastfeeding, nursing positions, pumping and storing milk, exercise, family life, and weaning.
Published December 18th 2008 by Adams Media Corporation (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Breastfeeding Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Breastfeeding Book

Ally
Oct 05, 2008 Ally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone serious about breastfeeding
When I was a first time mother, with little advice from my mother and few friends who had kids, let alone friends who breastfed their baby. I got this book to help me, as I was determined to breastfeed my daughter. I read it cover to cover once and then went back to the sections that were relavent to me before she was born. It was GREAT!! It also helped me in looking for the appropriate childcare by explaining the different options and the questions to ask when interviewing. I later became a mem ...more
Jodi
Feb 06, 2008 Jodi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: first time mothers or mothers who need a refresher course
It really was a great book to give her briefs on everything you might want to know to get started as a breastfeeding mom. It was preachy or too "natural," it was just good basic information about different types of holds, storage of breastmilk, problems you might encounter, etc. Have recommended to friends and will continue.
Bobbie Greene
Jun 30, 2012 Bobbie Greene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had so much great information in it! In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it or request it on our baby registry. I took a full page of notes from it, and have a short list of topics on which to do more research! This is a wonderful resource.
Lindsey
Jun 30, 2008 Lindsey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fathers of new babies/partners of nursing mothers
Very vague information. I already knew a lot oabout breastfeeding, so this was of no help to me. However, had I been able to get my hubby to read it, he would have learned so much.
Mrs. Lawler
Jan 16, 2012 Mrs. Lawler rated it really liked it
SUPER informative! I already planned on breastfeeding Kennedy when she is born, but now more than ever I know that I am making the right choice!
Brittany Dalomba
Mar 02, 2013 Brittany Dalomba rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Very informative & I felt very prepared after reading it to start nursing.
Theresa
Useful because it was easy to go back to certain topics for reference.
Honeypumpkin0831
Loaded with lots of information and tips!
Phillipylorna
May 27, 2009 Phillipylorna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great breast feeding book.

Electa Sheridan
Electa Sheridan rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Erin Sherry
Erin Sherry rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Febrianti
Febrianti marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Brooke
Brooke is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Steph
Steph added it
Jul 28, 2015
Miranda Fox
Miranda Fox rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
Kate Rude
Kate Rude rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Laura BB
Laura BB rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2015
Ginger
Ginger rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Ashley Cassidy
Ashley Cassidy marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Alice
Alice added it
Jun 07, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Michelle Walker
Michelle Walker marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
अइदा
अइदा rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2013
Katz!
Katz! marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2013
Tekia
Tekia rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013