Start by marking “Living Vegetarian for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Living Vegetarian for Dummies

Living Vegetarian for Dummies

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Practical ways to explore and adapt a vegetarian lifestyle

Are you considering a vegetarian diet for yourself or your family? Wondering if it's safe and how you'll get the right amount of nutrients? This authoritative guide has all the answers you need about living vegetarian, featuring healthful advice as well as delicious dishes involving vegetables, fruits, grains, and d
Published November 5th 2009 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Living Vegetarian for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Vegetarian for Dummies

Jessica
I've been vegetarian since January 1st but this was a great read. SO many tips, recipes, and useful information included in this book. I'd certainly recommend this to anybody who is trying or even considering a vegetarian lifestyle.
Wanda Brocklebank
This book gave me some good introductory information about the vegetarian lifestyle. The author definitely had some political views that I was surprised to see in a book like this. I was also a little bit disappointed in the selection and amount of recipes. I'll be looking for more books to help with vegetarian meal planning.
Alice
Dec 27, 2011 Alice rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
As I'm considering a more plant based diet, this book had great tips and gave me a lot of confidence. In one chapter it gives you a chart on how to ease into being a vegetarian in 12 months. For those interested in being a vegan, it also addresses that. Sections I appreciated most were how to handle social situations, their approach to framing different philosophies on being vegetarian and how to watch your nutrients particularly if you are an athlete.
Carrie
Jan 04, 2014 Carrie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Was trying a vegetarian diet due to illness. After I started this book I found out what my food allergies are and stopped reading. Does have good information for those who would like to eat a vegetarian diet. My diet is only part vegetarian as I avoid eggs, cow dairy, pork and shellfish.
Candi Ohlinger
This book is full of good advice and easy recipes. I'm sure I will be referring back to it often, as I am just beginning my journey of becoming a vegetarian. :)
Iryna Hryban
Iryna Hryban marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Julie Benoit
Julie Benoit marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Tianna
Tianna added it
Aug 14, 2015
Kirstin
Kirstin marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Natalie Brunelle
Natalie Brunelle is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2015
Kathy
Kathy added it
Aug 23, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Eris
Eris is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2015
Jordyn
Jordyn marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Teal A
Teal A is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2015
Mustafagebril
Mustafagebril marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Jen Wang
Jen Wang marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
JANA JOSEPH
JANA JOSEPH marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Jeffrey Canale
Jeffrey Canale is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2015
Madison Duncan
Madison Duncan marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Vegetarian Cooking for Dummies The Complete Idiot's Guide to Being Vegetarian Living Dairy-Free for Dummies Get the Trans Fat Out: 601 Simple Ways to Cut the Trans Fat Out of Any Diet Being Vegetarian for Dummies