The 39 Clues Complete Collection: Books 1-10

The 39 Clues Complete Collection: Books 1-10 (The 39 Clues #1-10)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  1,597 ratings  ·  88 reviews
The 39 Clues is Scholastic's groundbreaking new series, spanning 10 adrenaline-charged books, 355 trading cards, and an online game where readers play a part in the story.

The 39 Clues books set the story, and the cards, website and game allow kids to participate in it. Kids visit the website - www.the39clues.com - and discover they are lost members of the Cahill family. T...more
Published September 1st 2010 by Scholastic (first published 2010)

Quinn
My review is really 4.5 stars for a couple reasons. First, it has a good setup, a bunch of different authors create one book each to create a massive series (with TWO spin-offs & a collectible card "thing") "Round Robin" style.
The story is good, two kids (Amy and Dan Cahill) find out that they are part of the most influential family in the history of mankind. Then they find out that they are part of the (spoilers!) weakest branch of the family(also known as they "just said no" to "magical" D...more
Litland.com
Jul 11, 2011 Litland.com rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: juvenile, advanced & reluctant readers, boys, girls, families
This entire series is fantastic! Even though the online game may be over, it is well worth reading the series. This is sure to become a series that is in reprint for decades to come.

With each book written by a different children's author, we experience different writing styles and their "take" on the story. Yet clearly the team worked closely together, because all except book 2 maintain the protagonists personalities and character traits (see my concerns with book 2 http://www.litland.com/review...more
Mariel
Jan 21, 2012 Mariel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Wow, the first ten books in a word? Awesome.

These books kept me sane in midst of exams, projects and heartbreaks. Take note, this is the review for the whole 10 books, not one by one.

If these books sucked, I wouldn't have continued on to the second volume. These ten books are action packed, and funny at times. It even made me cry (at a certain person's death in book 6 and 9.) Dan and Amy are siblings which are competing in a crazy competition against their own kin, and it's do or die. They might...more
711sierra
It started out kinda slow but it quickly sped up. I really especially liked the conclusion. It's about Amy and Dan, 2 siblings who find out they are part of a huge extended family that basically rules the world from the shadows. They are told at the beginning to trust no-one, which constituted most of their strategy, added to by the fact they are betrayed and deceived at every corner during a giant clue hunt which has been a family tradition for generations. However, this plan fails them when th...more
Marjorie Pfister
Starting Book 6 In Too Deep.
I'm listening to this fabulous series on audiobook, and I'm having so much fun with it.
I've traveled extensively, to many of the places that Amy and Dan have ventured on their quest for the 39 clues. Each author captures so well the feeling of being in each location such as Cairo, Egypt. They also weave history, culture, as well as developing each individual character in it's own evolution.
I'm on Book 6, and Amy and Dan aren't the same kids they were when they start...more
Dr D
$10-15 each is exploitative.

I love so many things about this series: It is fun, full of adventure, a good read for an under-served age group and the multimedia experience.

Also a plus: The idea of co-operative story telling is a great teaching tool, as well. Children can experience different voices and styles in the context of a single story with familiar characters.

I would give this a full 5 stars if it wasn't for a single but HUGE problem. The cost of these books is outrageous and makes them...more
I bought the entire series on eBay. It was popular with many of the quieter students of last year's class so I wanted to see what it was all about.

I am not fond of mysteries but the clues kept me guessing. I was so proud (sad, I know) when I figured out a clue ahead of Dan and Amy. I like that the books taught science, history, and geography to the unwitting readers. I like that the importance of working together was pressed but I'm not sure how I feel about the issue of children working togethe...more
Caitlin
Fast-paced, exciting, adventure-filled, espionage, hidden secrets, world travel, clue hunt. These are just a few things I loved about this series. They were fun books to read and I thoroughly enjoyed each one. I couldn't put them down!
Kristen
I love this series! I couldn't wait to read the next book! I paused current books to read the next in the series as soon as it was available.
Lily
Such an amazing series.
Amie
You've got to read this series if you're right into adventure, mystery, game, suspense and a little bit of romance; it's the best! I read this series between the ages of 9 and 12, and I still read one of the new books every now and then, but once you hit 13, it's probably a bit "childish" to read. Other than that, I definitely recommend this book; especially to primary school kids. (Plus there's a few non-fiction facts chucked in here and there, so you kinda learn stuff as you read. Ever think t...more
Jenn Archibald
Fantastic series with a great link to historical facts.
♥iDevourBooks♥ ☆Sonic~Obsessed☆
Oh my goodnesd, why didn't I read this series before??? I should have because this series is just incredible!!!
Amy and Dan are on a mission: To find all of the 39 clues. But they have tough competition with the rest of their family and they learn to stick together despite the odds against them. It's very interesting and I just really REALLY enjoyed it!! I can't wait to read the next several series next year!
Amanda
I actually read each of the books on my itouch and not as a boxed set but this was easier to add. If you look at the series as a whole it is an amazing idea. There is tons of action, geography, and values that could be talked about in a book group. As a female I like that there are strong female characters in the book and boys will appreciate the adventure and stunts throughout the series.
Jill
Wow. This entire series was mind-blowing! I love the fact that different authors wrote them too. To me, it adds a certain effect to the story. I really like all of the different places Amy, Dan and the others went to. I think my favourites out of the whole series would have to be The Maze of Bones or Beyond The Grave. But this is a great series to get into if you haven't already.
Susan Cherian
A very nice series - well written and keeps the reader on the edge most of the time. The Audio version is much to be desired for. I wold recommend grabbing the books and letting your imagination run wild. I loved the way the books transport you to around the world and provides a detailed description of the surrounding. So much so that I became part of he books and th`e adventure!
Devyani McLaren
Nice series. Following a very strange family for a fortune. I really like this series because of how they have to figure out clues. They cannot trust anyone in their family, which is strange, but the family's history is quite interesting. Also, since all of the books are made by different authors, each style of writing is different so the series has a lot of variety.
Charleen
I think it was super cool how they used a variety if authors for the series because it was interesting to be able to see the same writing style when the author wrote another book in the series. I loved the unique characters, too, like Ian Kabra, Nellie, Irina, Alistair...etc. Another thing that I enjoyed was how they traveled around the globe for all the clues.
Ginger
I LOVE a good clean series that teaches without knowing you are learning. I also LOVE reading a series that my entire family can read. The internet element and the various authors made this series INGENIOUS! Way to go! My only negative is the books were short and the series was short. Too bad it had to end. It is a legacy at our house by the whole family!
Ben Wilde
Read them to discuss with my daughter who was also enjoying them. I found the series to be a fun light read. The best "discussion topics" from them were about global travel with reference to prominent landmarks and monuments, and also observations regarding character interactions (good vs evil, individual strengths and weaknesses, teamwork).
Andrea
Conny
I just started these with my son and we are on book 5. We aren't doing any of the online stuff (phew!) but have really enjoyed them. We are getting some good history lessons mixed in with history fiction. The story lines are action packed and age appropriate yet keep us both interested! I highly reccomend for ages 8-12.
George
Pitiful series to be honest. Everything was cliché and it was very simple to tell what the outcome would be. Especially $20 for one book is outrageous in my opinion... There are many improvements that could have been made and the way different authors wrote different books made it hard to really be gripped into the series.
Gayatri
This series is really good and awesome because it has a lot of action. What's different about this series is that you actually learn facts while you're reading and you actually have to think to solve the clues. Every book is good because it's written by a different author! This element makes every book a surprise.
Lisa
So I read these books because my kids have been so into them. As kids books are, the pace was quick and exciting, and they were fun to read. But I didn't like the fact that a different author wrote each book in the series; it coincidentally made Amy, Dan, and Nellie different in each book, so that was bothersome.
Caroline Christoff
These are fun mystery books to follow along with. When I read them about two years ago sometimes I would read some before I went to bed and would get really scared. They aren't scary though. I recommend for younger kids, although if you want to read them it's a good story.
Savannah J.
Really good books! I like how the authors switched off, and it changed the way the story would have been if it was only one of them. I like the variations of writing styles. Very recommended by me, for Suspence readers!
I read half of them this summer and half of them this year!
Brian Cleary
Great reads!!! especially for 10 to 12 year old boys. As a series clearly designed with Marketing up front the story moves well with strong historical content, great geographical diversity and LOTS of action. I run a book group on this series in our elem. library
Alison
This was such a fun series to read! I'd highly recommend it to 4th graders and up who like adventure. I loved traveling all over the world with Ann, Dan, and Nellie. The writing was great, with lots of twists and turns and things to learn along the way.
☺ Books Are Bette...: The 39 Clues 11 8 Nov 06, 2012 02:03PM
  • Ignition (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #2)
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2)
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • The Medusa Plot (39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #1)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • 39 Clues Agent Handbook
  • Day of Doom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #6)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • Into the Gauntlet (The 39 Clues, #10)

More about Rick Riordan...
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)