Start by marking “The 39 Clues Complete Collection (The 39 Clues, #1-10)” as Want to Read:
The 39 Clues Complete Collection (The 39 Clues, #1-10)

The 39 Clues Complete Collection (The 39 Clues #1-10)

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  2,857 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
The 39 Clues is Scholastic's groundbreaking new series, spanning 10 adrenaline-charged books, 355 trading cards, and an online game where readers play a part in the story.

The 39 Clues books set the story, and the cards, website and game allow kids to participate in it. Kids visit the website - - and discover they are lost members of the Cahill family. T
Published September 1st 2010 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The 39 Clues Complete Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 39 Clues Complete Collection

Nov 17, 2010 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually read each of the books on my itouch and not as a boxed set but this was easier to add. If you look at the series as a whole it is an amazing idea. There is tons of action, geography, and values that could be talked about in a book group. As a female I like that there are strong female characters in the book and boys will appreciate the adventure and stunts throughout the series.
Dec 02, 2010 711sierra rated it really liked it
Shelves: 7th-grade-books
It started out kinda slow but it quickly sped up. I really especially liked the conclusion. It's about Amy and Dan, 2 siblings who find out they are part of a huge extended family that basically rules the world from the shadows. They are told at the beginning to trust no-one, which constituted most of their strategy, added to by the fact they are betrayed and deceived at every corner during a giant clue hunt which has been a family tradition for generations. However, this plan fails them when th ...more
Jan 11, 2011 Ginger rated it it was amazing
I LOVE a good clean series that teaches without knowing you are learning. I also LOVE reading a series that my entire family can read. The internet element and the various authors made this series INGENIOUS! Way to go! My only negative is the books were short and the series was short. Too bad it had to end. It is a legacy at our house by the whole family!
May 29, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it
So I read these books because my kids have been so into them. As kids books are, the pace was quick and exciting, and they were fun to read. But I didn't like the fact that a different author wrote each book in the series; it coincidentally made Amy, Dan, and Nellie different in each book, so that was bothersome.
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: juvenile, advanced & reluctant readers, boys, girls, families
This entire series is fantastic! Even though the online game may be over, it is well worth reading the series. This is sure to become a series that is in reprint for decades to come.

With each book written by a different children's author, we experience different writing styles and their "take" on the story. Yet clearly the team worked closely together, because all except book 2 maintain the protagonists personalities and character traits (see my concerns with book 2
Jan 21, 2012 Mariel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Wow, the first ten books in a word? Awesome.

These books kept me sane in midst of exams, projects and heartbreaks. Take note, this is the review for the whole 10 books, not one by one.

If these books sucked, I wouldn't have continued on to the second volume. These ten books are action packed, and funny at times. It even made me cry (at a certain person's death in book 6 and 9.) Dan and Amy are siblings which are competing in a crazy competition against their own kin, and it's do or die. They might
Ben Wilde
Apr 01, 2012 Ben Wilde rated it really liked it
Read them to discuss with my daughter who was also enjoying them. I found the series to be a fun light read. The best "discussion topics" from them were about global travel with reference to prominent landmarks and monuments, and also observations regarding character interactions (good vs evil, individual strengths and weaknesses, teamwork).
Dr D
Apr 05, 2012 Dr D rated it it was ok
$10-15 each is exploitative.

I love so many things about this series: It is fun, full of adventure, a good read for an under-served age group and the multimedia experience.

Also a plus: The idea of co-operative story telling is a great teaching tool, as well. Children can experience different voices and styles in the context of a single story with familiar characters.

I would give this a full 5 stars if it wasn't for a single but HUGE problem. The cost of these books is outrageous and makes them
Jan 02, 2013 Conny rated it really liked it
I just started these with my son and we are on book 5. We aren't doing any of the online stuff (phew!) but have really enjoyed them. We are getting some good history lessons mixed in with history fiction. The story lines are action packed and age appropriate yet keep us both interested! I highly reccomend for ages 8-12.
Nov 11, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
I bought the entire series on eBay. It was popular with many of the quieter students of last year's class so I wanted to see what it was all about.

I am not fond of mysteries but the clues kept me guessing. I was so proud (sad, I know) when I figured out a clue ahead of Dan and Amy. I like that the books taught science, history, and geography to the unwitting readers. I like that the importance of working together was pressed but I'm not sure how I feel about the issue of children working togethe
♥iDevourBooks♥ ☆Sonic~Obsessed☆
Oh my goodnesd, why didn't I read this series before??? I should have because this series is just incredible!!!
Amy and Dan are on a mission: To find all of the 39 clues. But they have tough competition with the rest of their family and they learn to stick together despite the odds against them. It's very interesting and I just really REALLY enjoyed it!! I can't wait to read the next several series next year!
Marjorie Pfister
Apr 22, 2013 Marjorie Pfister rated it really liked it
Starting Book 6 In Too Deep.
I'm listening to this fabulous series on audiobook, and I'm having so much fun with it.
I've traveled extensively, to many of the places that Amy and Dan have ventured on their quest for the 39 clues. Each author captures so well the feeling of being in each location such as Cairo, Egypt. They also weave history, culture, as well as developing each individual character in it's own evolution.
I'm on Book 6, and Amy and Dan aren't the same kids they were when they start
May 02, 2013 Jill rated it it was amazing
Wow. This entire series was mind-blowing! I love the fact that different authors wrote them too. To me, it adds a certain effect to the story. I really like all of the different places Amy, Dan and the others went to. I think my favourites out of the whole series would have to be The Maze of Bones or Beyond The Grave. But this is a great series to get into if you haven't already.
May 21, 2013 Amie rated it it was amazing
You've got to read this series if you're right into adventure, mystery, game, suspense and a little bit of romance; it's the best! I read this series between the ages of 9 and 12, and I still read one of the new books every now and then, but once you hit 13, it's probably a bit "childish" to read. Other than that, I definitely recommend this book; especially to primary school kids. (Plus there's a few non-fiction facts chucked in here and there, so you kinda learn stuff as you read. Ever think t ...more
Devyani McLaren
Jun 24, 2013 Devyani McLaren rated it really liked it
Nice series. Following a very strange family for a fortune. I really like this series because of how they have to figure out clues. They cannot trust anyone in their family, which is strange, but the family's history is quite interesting. Also, since all of the books are made by different authors, each style of writing is different so the series has a lot of variety.
Jun 26, 2013 Charleen rated it really liked it
I think it was super cool how they used a variety if authors for the series because it was interesting to be able to see the same writing style when the author wrote another book in the series. I loved the unique characters, too, like Ian Kabra, Nellie, Irina, Alistair...etc. Another thing that I enjoyed was how they traveled around the globe for all the clues.
Aug 05, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Sep 02, 2013 Quinn rated it really liked it
My review is really 4.5 stars for a couple reasons. First, it has a good setup, a bunch of different authors create one book each to create a massive series (with TWO spin-offs & a collectible card "thing") "Round Robin" style.
The story is good, two kids (Amy and Dan Cahill) find out that they are part of the most influential family in the history of mankind. Then they find out that they are part of the (spoilers!) weakest branch of the family(also known as they "just said no" to "magical" D
Oct 03, 2013 George rated it it was ok
Pitiful series to be honest. Everything was cliché and it was very simple to tell what the outcome would be. Especially $20 for one book is outrageous in my opinion... There are many improvements that could have been made and the way different authors wrote different books made it hard to really be gripped into the series.
Theo kids
Jul 30, 2014 Theo kids rated it liked it
The story line is fantastic, a superb blend of history, danger and excitement. Many of the characters are well developed and believable, and the plot unfolds in seamless layers. My boys have read (or listened to) this series over and over this summer.

So why only a 3 star rating? There is an underlying lack of balance in these books for me. In the first couple of books, when the mystery was almost complete, and completely fascinating - I was constantly annoyed with the name calling between the s
Dec 09, 2014 Barbara rated it liked it
I'm in my 20s and I found these books quite enjoyable. I used them to help me fall asleep (though sometimes they were a little too exciting for that). Yeah, parts seem a bit goofy or forced, and they are written for kids, but all in all I found the storyline quite fascinating. The incorporation of history makes them even more interesting.
Matthew Mccarthy
Dec 31, 2014 Matthew Mccarthy rated it liked it
This series was ok. I felt like this series was like a waterfall. What started out as really good started to fall and become boring. A series an have five or six books, but ten books and then starting a new series, is just too much. Around the eighth book, I just got bored. It felt too repetitive and I was bored. I finished the series and tried to read the first Vespers Rising book, but I was just bored. It was too repetitive and had too many books. I definitely won't be reading any of the new b ...more
Carolina Imhof
Feb 28, 2016 Carolina Imhof rated it it was ok
It is a good idea poorly developed. While the cartoonish adventures seem fine considering it is a series for kids, the violence is just ridiculous (seriously? all your relatives want to kill you??). Can't complain too much about the huge amount of inconsistencies, when you are reading a cartoon...
Michael White
Oct 21, 2015 Michael White rated it it was amazing
I read the 39 Clues which was written by many authors like Patrick Carman and many more. The main characters which are twins and their parents die in a house fire. When the firemen was going threw the burnt down house they found a key and the key is a family crest but it's not there's family crest a relative's so the twins go throughout the world to find who killed there's mom and dad hitting speed bumps along the way like get knock out with a poison and going being trap on top of mt. Everest s ...more
Oct 29, 2015 Dagwood rated it really liked it
I am a "grown-up" who started listening to (audiobooks) this series to screen them for my 9 year-old niece. The series was so interesting that I read the whole darn thing. It is an exciting, adventurous series for pre-teens that manages to slyly sneak in a good deal of educational material, too. Highly recommended for the young and young at heart.

p.s. - This set is not complete. As fans know, there is a Book #11 !
Charlotte Hui
Dec 06, 2015 Charlotte Hui rated it it was amazing
The entire series is very good, except for a few cliffhangers... but none of them are cliffhangers that make you throw the book out the window. The series is written by different authors, so you get to experience more than one writing style. Exciting, action packed and thrilling, these books will keep you hooked until you read the entire series... then the second one... then the 3rd... then the 4th... then the side stories.
The Cozy Owl
Apr 03, 2016 The Cozy Owl rated it really liked it
I read this series directly after finishing Harry Potter; it definitely seemed like a rebound relationship, even though I didn't know what that meant at the time that I read them. I suppose, in a way - and, although I will generally say that Harry is the sole inspiration for my bookwormishness - Rick Riordan and all of the other brilliant authors who gave their talent to this series will always hold a place in my heart.
Carefree Toni
Jul 10, 2016 Carefree Toni rated it really liked it
Overall the series was a great adventure. I am reading teen novels lately - in advance of my niece and youngest - so I am always happy to find something that should capture their imagination and sense of adventure.

My only complaint would be the uneven writing due to multiple authors. There were a few books that contained passages that were a chore to get through. Despite this hiccup, read it. Don't start if you don't intend to finish,... it is truly worth the wait.
Peter Traynor
Sep 07, 2016 Peter Traynor rated it it was amazing
Loved The series!
Сибин Майналовски
Имаше слаби книги, но като цяло поредицата е уникално добра
☺ Books Are Bette...: The 39 Clues 11 9 Nov 06, 2012 02:03PM
  • The Medusa Plot: Cahills vs. Vespers Book 1: Sneak Peek (The 39 Clues)
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • The 39 Clues slipcase 2 (#4-6)
  • The Houdini Escape (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #4)
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2)
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • The 39 Clues: Agent Handbook
  • The Borrowers Aloft: With the Short Tale Poor Stainless
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • Shadows Beyond the Gate (Summerhill Secrets, #10)
  • The Homelanders (The Homelanders, #1-4)

More about Rick Riordan...

The 39 Clues (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Maze of Bones  (The 39 Clues, #1)
  • One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2)
  • The Sword Thief (The 39 Clues, #3)
  • Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4)
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6)
  • The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)
  • The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8)
  • Storm Warning (The 39 Clues, #9)
  • Into the Gauntlet (The 39 Clues, #10)