Start by marking “Volunteering: How Service Enriches Your Life-and How Its Unexpected Halo Effect Boosts Your Career” as Want to Read:

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review
Today many of us feel trapped in our jobs, afraid we won't advance, and bored by the routine. Volunteering provides us with an invigorating way to stand out in an ever more competitive environment by reaching out and helping others. Meaningful volunteer work not only enriches our own souls-- it is also one of the best ways to advance in a career.

John Raynolds illustrates h
Published October 1st 1999 by Golden Guides from St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Volunteering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Volunteering

Curt
Nothing too groundbreaking here - serving others makes you feel good and gives you additional experience outside of your day job. If that makes sense to you, I just saved you 100 pages or so. Perhaps some good ideas about different organizations to look into if you wonder where to get started, but nothing truly new in here (at least to me...).
Leading the Outward Bound Way: Becoming a Better Leader in the Workplace, in the Wilderness, and in Your Community Leading the Outward Bound Way: Becoming a Better Leader in the Workplace, in the Wilderness, and in Your Community