Start by marking “Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 1

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 1 (Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse #1)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Dark Horse is proud to present the second manga series in its Neon Genesis Evangelion line, Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse!

Shinji Ikari's parents are gone, and he lives with his legal guardian, Ryoji Kaji, while attending the private NERV Academy. But no one ever told Shinji about its secrets... or that he'd find his fellow students Kaworu, Rei, and Asuka out
Published September 14th 2010 by Dark Horse Manga (first published March 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Neon Genesis Evangelion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neon Genesis Evangelion

Vanessa
I'm not exactly a hardcore fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I do appreciate its impact on both the Eastern and Western sides of anime fandom. There's so much merchandise for Eva in Japan alone (like these beautiful headphones), and I guess with any merchandising empire, you'll get one or two things that make you scratch your head.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse (or its much longer Japanese title of Academic Record of Heaven's Descent) is one of those. Evangelion, in both the anime
Federiken Masters
Feb 17, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Casi nadie.
Recommended to Federiken by: La marca.
Mejor que "Proyecto de Crianza" y "Iron Maiden 2nd" pero peor que cualquier obra seria de Evangelion, y casi igual de insultante a la idea primigenia como las otras dos versiones. Eso sí, los diseños son más o menos buenos.
Anthony
Basically a mashup of NGE and Persona 3. As diehard fan of both I should appreciate this more, but honestly there wasn't much to it. This time around, Shinji is recruited by Kaworu, Rei, and Asuka to fight angels (now humanoid demons) using their personas evangelions. They do this at midnight and go to school during the day. So yes, somewhat derivative, though from what I hear Devil Survivor 2 borrows a bit from NGE, so I like to think that these franchises have a nice symbiotic relationship. Ar ...more
Maxwell Heath
This manga is the first really different version of Evangelion to appear, and despite greatly diverging from the original, its very good. Many of the characters from the original series are here, which is especially good for Kaworu and Asuka as they get to be developed from the start of the storyline rather than partway through. There are interesting and funny references to the original series, including the nickname "Baka Trifecta" for Shinji, Kensuke, and Toji. The plot looks very interesting ...more
Jay
Apr 22, 2011 Jay rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Neon Genesis Evangelion series fans.
I picked up this book because it sounded like another 'alternate reality' to Neon Genesis Evangelion that I may also enjoy along side other manga such as Angelic Days done by another author.

Now I've read it for the first time, I'm not really sure how much I'm into this book. I feel like I'm at the higher end of "it's okay" but not liking it enough to stamp it with the "liked it" label.

I can see all the key characters from the original series, they haven't really lost their feel, and I do like th
Melissa Noël
DNF

It was basically your run-of-the-mill high school AU that I lost interest in fairly quickly. I watched the original Evangelion anime a couple of summers ago due to its huge influence on the giant mecha genre and had recently watched the Rebuild movies. I was on my Evangelion high when I attempted to read this.

The artwork is nice and I love Kowaru's character in any variation but it just wasn't enough to garner my interest.

Book #21 of the 2014 Reading Challenge.
Jenna
The cover caught my eye as did the title, as I loved the Evangelion series (End of, not so much.. the movie reboots, yes!). I both liked and disliked this version of Shinji. VVhile it was nice to see a different "tougher" version of him, it also did not feel fully fleshed out and still reliant upon the television series. The same goes for Nagisa Kaworu, who was my favourite character in the series despite his extremely brief appearance time.
Josh Storey
The original Eva is sacrosanct as far as I am concerned, but I love re-imaginings and reboots, and so far this one seems to be taking some of the original ideas set forth in NGE and twisting them nicely. I'd love to see where it goes and if it can hold up to the original's quality.
Bridgett
I enjoyed this manga because I enjoy everything about Neon Genesis Evangelion, but this first volume wasn't too overly exciting and was very different from the previous NGE worlds.
Nic
My NFNT review is up here.
Snow
reviewing for Booklist
Laura Romero
Laura Romero marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Nyaa Sempai
Nyaa Sempai marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Setiawan Hendratno
Setiawan Hendratno marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Leonardo
Leonardo marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Sara Fernandez
Sara Fernandez marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Christopher Goodman
Christopher Goodman is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2014
Raven Hutto
Raven Hutto marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse (4 books)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 2
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 3
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 4
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 2 Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 3 Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 4 Campus Apocalypse vol. 1