Start by marking “Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 1

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 1 (Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse #1)

Dark Horse is proud to present the second manga series in its Neon Genesis Evangelion line, Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse!

Shinji Ikari's parents are gone, and he lives with his legal guardian, Ryoji Kaji, while attending the private NERV Academy. But no one ever told Shinji about its secrets... or that he'd find his fellow students Kaworu, Rei, and Asuka out
Published September 14th 2010 by Dark Horse Manga (first published March 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Neon Genesis Evangelion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neon Genesis Evangelion

Daniel
Jan 17, 2016 Daniel rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Ako ste fan Evangeliona (ja jesam :) ) onda ovde imamo fin reteling poznate price iz serija. U osnovi isto ali opet sve izmenjeno. Art style je lep ali je sama priča dosta konfuzno prikazana pa je potrebno par čitanja da se pohvata šta je pisac hteo da kaže.
V
Jan 30, 2013 V rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, manga
I'm not exactly a hardcore fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I do appreciate its impact on both the Eastern and Western sides of anime fandom. There's so much merchandise for Eva in Japan alone (like these beautiful headphones), and I guess with any merchandising empire, you'll get one or two things that make you scratch your head.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse (or its much longer Japanese title of Academic Record of Heaven's Descent) is one of those. Evangelion, in both the anime
Feather Mista
Feb 16, 2011 Feather Mista rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Casi nadie.
Recommended to Feather by: La marca.
Mejor que "Proyecto de Crianza" y "Iron Maiden 2nd" pero peor que cualquier obra seria de Evangelion, y casi igual de insultante a la idea primigenia como las otras dos versiones. Eso sí, los diseños son más o menos buenos.
Anthony
Feb 08, 2013 Anthony rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Basically a mashup of NGE and Persona 3. As diehard fan of both I should appreciate this more, but honestly there wasn't much to it. This time around, Shinji is recruited by Kaworu, Rei, and Asuka to fight angels (now humanoid demons) using their personas evangelions. They do this at midnight and go to school during the day. So yes, somewhat derivative, though from what I hear Devil Survivor 2 borrows a bit from NGE, so I like to think that these franchises have a nice symbiotic relationship. Ar ...more
Jay
Apr 22, 2011 Jay rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Neon Genesis Evangelion series fans.
I picked up this book because it sounded like another 'alternate reality' to Neon Genesis Evangelion that I may also enjoy along side other manga such as Angelic Days done by another author.

Now I've read it for the first time, I'm not really sure how much I'm into this book. I feel like I'm at the higher end of "it's okay" but not liking it enough to stamp it with the "liked it" label.

I can see all the key characters from the original series, they haven't really lost their feel, and I do like th
M
Oct 21, 2010 M rated it really liked it
This manga is the first really different version of Evangelion to appear, and despite greatly diverging from the original, its very good. Many of the characters from the original series are here, which is especially good for Kaworu and Asuka as they get to be developed from the start of the storyline rather than partway through. There are interesting and funny references to the original series, including the nickname "Baka Trifecta" for Shinji, Kensuke, and Toji. The plot looks very interesting ...more
Jenna
Jul 25, 2012 Jenna rated it it was ok
The cover caught my eye as did the title, as I loved the Evangelion series (End of, not so much.. the movie reboots, yes!). I both liked and disliked this version of Shinji. VVhile it was nice to see a different "tougher" version of him, it also did not feel fully fleshed out and still reliant upon the television series. The same goes for Nagisa Kaworu, who was my favourite character in the series despite his extremely brief appearance time.
John Keegan
Dec 14, 2015 John Keegan rated it liked it
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse: Vol. 1 - While I appreciate the art style, the storytelling is a bit muddled, and it took a couple re-reads to get the full measure of the story. That said, this is probably the best showing for Kaworu I've seen, and Asuka's personality couldn't be nailed better (and damn is she wonderful!). To be honest, the heavy Shinji/Rei overtones don't help, but I'm biased....;)
Melissa Noël
DNF

It was basically your run-of-the-mill high school AU that I lost interest in fairly quickly. I watched the original Evangelion anime a couple of summers ago due to its huge influence on the giant mecha genre and had recently watched the Rebuild movies. I was on my Evangelion high when I attempted to read this.

The artwork is nice and I love Kowaru's character in any variation but it just wasn't enough to garner my interest.

Book #21 of the 2014 Reading Challenge.
Theresia
Apr 25, 2015 Theresia rated it it was ok
(Reread) 4 volumes of Evangelion AU, authorized (Gainax you giant greedy bastard). Pretty illustration, neat inking. Awful additional characters and more awful ending, though no more awful than the Ikari Shinji Raising Project game.

Not spoiler: in each and every kind of universe, Kaworu still dies.

Now shut up and go home.
Josh Storey
Jun 07, 2012 Josh Storey rated it liked it
The original Eva is sacrosanct as far as I am concerned, but I love re-imaginings and reboots, and so far this one seems to be taking some of the original ideas set forth in NGE and twisting them nicely. I'd love to see where it goes and if it can hold up to the original's quality.
Bridgett
Sep 15, 2010 Bridgett rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I enjoyed this manga because I enjoy everything about Neon Genesis Evangelion, but this first volume wasn't too overly exciting and was very different from the previous NGE worlds.
Nic
Jan 22, 2014 Nic rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, nfnt
My NFNT review is up here.
Carlton Talley
Carlton Talley rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Minna
Minna rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2011
Stefán Símonarson
Stefán Símonarson rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2013
Snow
Oct 25, 2010 Snow rated it it was ok
reviewing for Booklist
Morisha
Morisha rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2017
S.T. Cartledge
S.T. Cartledge rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2013
Mattheous
Mattheous rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2016
Misty
Misty rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2017
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Nathan
Nathan rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2011
Beth   (the one who is)
Beth (the one who is) rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2014
Jemiah Jefferson
Jemiah Jefferson rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2012
Tyler Counsellor
Tyler Counsellor rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Hank Sanders
Hank Sanders rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2011
Aylin Pekanık
Aylin Pekanık rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2014
  • Usurper of the Sun
  • Tegami Bachi, Vol. 3: Letter Bee
  • Until the Full Moon, Volume 01
  • Please Save My Earth, Vol. 2

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse (5 books)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 2