Start by marking “The Spell of Rosette (Quantum Enchantment, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Spell of Rosette (Quantum Enchantment, #1)
Preview

The Spell of Rosette (Quantum Enchantment #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Rosette is a child of two worlds: Gaela‚ steeped in magic‚ and an Earth choked with failing technology. The key to their survival is literally in her blood‚ a spell passed down through her family line to preserve the one they′re sworn to protect.

Unaware of her lineage‚ Rosette runs scared when her family is murdered. She takes refuge with Nell‚ a shapeshifting high prieste
Published July 31st 2010 by Voyager (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Spell of Rosette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spell of Rosette

Kim Falconer
Jun 06, 2011 Kim Falconer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
My first published novel, and the first in the Gaela/Earth saga :)
Larissa
Earth in the 21st Century is facing an environmental crisis. The organisation ASSIST has been formed to engage this problem. To help ASSIST is the JARROD, unfortunately for JARROD ASSIST does not like what it hears and has taken action against JARROD. The only hope lies with a Techno-Witch and a DNA splicing scientist.

Gaela is a world that's pure in its beauty and its resources. It is a world of peace with few villages and fewer cities, with small farms dotting the lands. Technology has not touc
Beth
I don't really have much to say about the book itself since I can't really get into it. But I do have a comment about the authors online presence.

I am very openminded. I have astrologer, wiccan, etc friends who I adore. But when I go to look for an authors website so I can see their novels and the order and brief synopsis... I expect to find them. I mean.. it just seems pretty no-brainer to provide that to people. It also entices folks to read more.

But nope! What I found was an astrology site
Kylie
Its hilarious that its tonight, the night after my sister's wedding that I choose to review this book, since I recall very, very clearly the day she left me in a bookshop while she went shopping -- and I had promised I 'would not buy any books, I swear, I swear' -- and I walked out with 'The Spell of Rosette' tucked under my arm. My little sister just rolled her eyes and laughed.
I had bought it because - one - it had a recommendation by Tradi Harding, my fave Australian Author, and two - the bl
Amy
This book started off so well, and had a genuinely interesting premise. Unfortunately, the second half of the book was incredibly rushed and little description or explanation of important events was given. Disappointing.
The Spell of Rosette is a stunning read. Join Rosette, Jarrod, Kreshkali and An' Lawrence as they battle to save a dying Earth.Kim Falconer creates the worlds of Gaela and a post-apocalyptic Earth in such an effortless manner, the reader is instantly transported without any over-bearing detail and explanation. Falconer's characters are wonderfully multi-dimensional and allow you to journey with them, as one of them. I can't wait to continue the ride with the Quantum Enchantment and Quantum Encry ...more
Lisa
Unique and enjoyable blend of science fiction, technology, and fantasy. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Katie
Giant telepathic companion cats! If nothing else kept my attention in this novel, those would. Thankfully, the world and supporting cast kept me awake. I will admit that my eyes started to glaze over nearly any time they mentioned quantum mechanics or the concept of time as a non-linear function. My brain is not good enough to wrap itself around those concepts. Thankfully there were enough fantasy elements to keep my slow little mind happy.
Maggie
Took me a while to read this one, but once I got into the story I finished it quickly. Not the sort of book you can pick up and put down and still follow the story, especially in the early chapters (and the final few too). It involves a bit of everything -science, astrology, fantasy, travel, magic and sorcery - all sorts of good things. I have the other two books in this series and I'm looking forward to reading them.
Jennie
I read this one because a bunch of people raved about it, but I didn't get into it. Not sure why, probably no fault of the author, jsut my own changing tastes and impatience. I haven't read any of the author's other work based on my tepid dislike of this one.
L Kyi
Very interesting book - a creative union of magic and science with portals, spells, viruses and lupins all thrown into the mix. The book got me hooked most of the way but the ending seems somewhat a bit rushed... Looking forward to the next book.
Meg Laverick
All the rage has faded since I read this. Now I'm just disappointed. There was potential there and it was squandered. Sadness ensued.
Celia Powell
I think having a heroine called "Rosette" (gag me) is very hard to pull off - and Falconer didn't. I didn't get far into this.
Astrid Cooper
A challenging read, intriguing characters and world set-up.
Donatella Coccetti
Donatella Coccetti marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Lethasian
Lethasian marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Haru
Haru is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2015
Lisa DW
Lisa DW marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Amanda Lakatos
Amanda Lakatos marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Rachelle
Rachelle marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Leeanne
Leeanne marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Sara Foley
Sara Foley marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Kate Hamilton
Kate Hamilton marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
  • The Universe Parallel (Triad Of Being, #2)
  • Love and Romanpunk
  • Heart of the Mirage (Mirage Makers, #1)
  • Tyrant's Blood (Valisar, #2)
  • The Usurper's Crown (Isavalta, #2)
  • The Wicked Wood (Tales from the Tower, #2)
  • Legends of Australian Fantasy
  • The Forbidden Land (The Witches of Eileanan, #4)
  • Nylon Angel (Parrish Plessis, #1)
Born in Santa Cruz, California USA. Kim now lives in Byron Bay, Australia. Astrology has been a part of her life for over 30 years and she teaches and consults in this field. An eternal student of subjects including alternative health, law of attraction,Jungian psychology, biology, art history, quantum physics philosophy, mythology, social science, storytelling, and music. Her novel writing is don ...more
More about Kim Falconer...

Quantum Enchantment (3 books)
  • Arrows of Time (Quantum Enchantment, #2)
  • Strange Attractors (Quantum Enchantment, #3)
Arrows of Time (Quantum Enchantment, #2) Path of the Stray Strange Attractors (Quantum Enchantment, #3) Road to the Soul (Quantum Encryption, #2) Journey by Night (Quantum Encryption, #3)

“If consciousness is currency, I've got me a goldmine!” 4 likes