Start by marking “Zondervan Tniv Study Bible” as Want to Read:
Zondervan Tniv Study Bible

Zondervan Tniv Study Bible

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  629 ratings  ·  82 reviews
The Zondervan NIV Study Bible is the #1 bestselling study Bible in the bestselling NIV translation. And now it includes for 2008 a 25% revision to the over 20,000 in-text study notes and a library of study resources at your fingertips. This edition also includes a 130-page topical index for more in-depth study. Excellent for home school use.

To ask other readers questions about Zondervan Tniv Study Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zondervan Tniv Study Bible

Tracy
Falina
I FINISHED THE BIBLE. No big deal, just got to page 2147 and finished reading the most influential piece of literature in the Western world. But I don't think I'm going to really review it, because how do you do that? Looking at it just as a book, it really isn't very good. It's tedious, repetitive, contradictory, and the quality of the writing varies depending on the author. But it really isn't about the Bible as a book. What's really important is the ideology the Bible represents and the way i ...more
Tom
Nov 06, 2008 Tom rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all Bible readers
While there are other many study Bibles on the market, this is the best. It has excellent explanatory notes, maps, charts, introductions to each book, and indexes. The TNIV translation is superb, better than the NIV and as good as the NRSV (which I also recommend). Its overall viewpoint is "scholarly conservative," a useful perspective when dealing with a world classic such as the Bible. Its only real drawback is that it does not include the Apocrypha or Deutero-canonical books.
Caroline Kipps
May 03, 2012 Caroline Kipps is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Trying to actually read the Bible from cover to cover, with all the notes in this edition. I'm up to Moses...this could take a while.
Melanie
Take Action Bible NKJV
Want to be more active in your faith and be inspired by others stories of action, then this is the perfect Bible for you. This New King James Version Bible reads like similar Bibles, yet has stories of people from around the world who are making a difference in the Body of Christ. People who are answering the call to Go. Serve. Give. Heal. Teach. The stories are inspirational in that some are missionaries giving up all they have to serve in a foreign country, to those havin
Sylvan Finger
Anytime I want to know what the Lutheran church believes or just look at how to write an argument, this books rocks. Any member of the Lutheran church ought to hold to these arguments. If the argument is not defined by scripture then it ought not be in this collection of documents. As far as I know, there is not even one of those arguments.
Angela
Mar 11, 2008 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Angela by: The people that raised me
I have been raised with the coriculum in this book in my schooling and play

I went to a Christian Church as a child then was Christian homeschool and during this whole time I went to church were this book was preached.

In it I find a lot of guildlines on how to live a respectful life

For anyone seeking direction in their life and need examples to show them this is a great book.

I make up a lot of songs out of the Songs of Solumons and enjoy many of the parables

Angela Langr
Taylor!
May 24, 2012 Taylor! rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
Shelves: my-faves
I have this Bible. I have never read the whole thing. but I try to read it each and every night. But I love the bible
Amy
This one tops them all.
Mark Oppenlander
I don't know that one has much choice but to rate this book highly. Even if you are not a religious person, it is one of the most diverse, thought-provoking and influential books of all time. As a professing Christian it has even more significance to me . . .

This is my third or fourth time reading through a Bible cover to cover and my first time through the NIV since college classes. It took me a couple of years to complete this reading cover to cover.

I like the clean, straightforward translati
Vin
A book that everyone should read at least once in their life. [Just as they should read the Koran, Buddhist, Hindu, and even Wicca Text [As well as ethnic religious works.]

The Book is really two parts, the Old and the New Testament

The first is about the movement of God's work from the individual man, to a family, to a chosen people, and then the prediction of the movement to all people. It reflects the power that we all seek to understand, and declares it constant and close at hand, always ac
Joy
This is a great edition of the Bible.

First of all, it's NIV. The NIV is a thought for thought translation so it's not as difficult to read like some of the word for word translations while still being very accurate and close to the original Greek and Hebrew.

Second of all, it's a study Bible. No matter why you're reading the Bible be it curiosity or you're a Christian or it was assigned to you for literature class, you're going to need a little help. Parts of the Bible can be very confusing. The
Diane Gihring
May 24, 2012 Diane Gihring rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone in the world
Recommended to Diane by: Norma Arthurs
This is my favorite translation and edition of the Bible. It has great study notes at the bottom of every page. They provide parallels from one passage to another and make connections outside of the bible to other historical events and resources to help give some content to events in the bible. I also really like the introductions to each book. It helps me to see what the main ideas are of each book and some historical context as well about the author and the date it was written.

I highly recomme
Catherine
I started reading this edition of the Bible the week of Christmas with the goal to read it by the end of this year. I read it just like I would read any book - straight through. Two things that helped were that it is a study bible for adults, & it is in large print. :-)
Theresa Inman
Love my Bible

I love my Bible, the only thing I would want different is being able to look up scriptures easier and being able to write notes.
Rebekah
I have had this Bible since my confirmation in 1994 (which is apparently when it was published). It's paperback, worn, and contains my notes from AACS bible class (Mr.D!). Sometime in my adulthood I added tabs for each book (I just realized today that my rainbow tabs aren't just pretty, the colors are grouped around types of books). I have a few other versions of the Bible but I think this is my favorite. It's NIV, and yes it has a few teeny notes and illustrations. But I kind of like those, as ...more
Naru
Coming from a religious family means we have stacks of different bibles around the house. I was given this when I was about 13 or 14 I think, as a gift. It was one of the few I could actually sit and read through. The language was easy to read and modern, but I don't think there is any way to really rate a religious book. It seems abit weird to think of how many stars I would give a book like this, so it shall remain unrated. I believe I still have this book lying somewhere in my room, along wit ...more
Malcolm Forman
A gift from my aunt. This was the first bible I owned for many years and I love the study guides and how it explains things in a bit more detail. This is the only paper bible I own or use
Merilee
As the Word of God, of course it gets five stars in my book -- but this presentation of the Bible is not as easy to read as some others, so that is why I gave it four stars.

One thing I did really like about this version is that it has a check off sheet in the back of the Bible where you can mark off each chapter of the Bible as you read it. This helped me focus on reading the whole thing, even though I skipped around a whole bunch.

If I was buying a Bible for my teenager, I would start with The M
Maria
This is a great version. I saw this at amazon for 199 or 110 dollars that is rediculous. I bought this bible new from another source at about 14.99 I bought two and gave one as a gift. who ever is selling this product that high is way off base. Still this is a great Bible the NKJ version is alot easier to read especially for those who are just learning the English languege. Dont buy it for 199 dollars not even the best study bibles are worth that much.
James
I'm not sure I can give it more than 3 stars until the lists of atrocities are placed alongside the lists of good deeds ... then, I'd still have to factor for lasting moral values ... then, divide for plausability of coexisting mores of the time.
But I love the way this book gives you many of the definitions of words being used and the many possible explanations for what these words mean.
Kimmie
After reading the THE STORY THE BIBLE AS ONE CONTINUING STORY OF GOD AND HIS PEOPLE, I am ready to finally read the Bible all the way through. I am starting in James as it is one of the earliest books of the NT written. I plan to go to John from there and go back to Matthew. I'm listening to God's Masterwork a survey of the NT by Chuck Swindoll so my thoughts may change.
Gary
I spent months looking for a great translation for my youth group. This is the best I found for teens and young adults. It is very readable and understandable, but only takes interpretive license with the Greek when it absolutely has to for the intended audience. It is also full of great pictures and illustrations to remind students that these are actual places and events.
Michelle
I have tried so many times to read the bible all the way through and this year I FINALLY did it. It took all year but I finally finished! I had a hard time in Leviticus but read so many new passages and learned so much contextually. Loved Chuck Swindolls intros - like a little mini sermon at the beginning of each book and little insights throughout.
Kristin
how do you give a star rating to the Bible? :) I like the TNIV translation because it pays close attention to the Greek gendered pronouns, and "corrects" in a sense, the translation to reflect a more gender-aware reading. When the Greek pronoun is intended for men and women, the TNIV translates it so, opting for more inclusive words.
Angus McDonald
The Word of God. The topical study elements of this particular NIV translation do a good job of helping you link related passages together, although you are always best off doing a lot of that work yourself. My first and favourite Bible (I actually have the leather/gaffer-tape bound version).
Anne Greene
3 Jun 2010
Currently reading the book of Job. When I tell folks my line of work, they usually respond with something regarding my patience, and how much of it I must possess. If they're religious, they also mention Job, so I wanted to read and see what they were referring to.
Jostalady
This is the main bible I read from these days. I read all the study notes, bring out two other bibles to compare. It is slow going, but I am not in a hurry. This is very important to me. I have also been supplementing with bible history, commentary and discarded books.
Steve
THE inspired Word of God. I found the notes on the translation, introductions, study notes and maps in this Study Bible Edition to be a great supplement to the reading. I will continue to keep studying the Word, just not straight through for a while.
Daniel Kim
the TNIV is an updated version of the NIV. the committee went through and made changes to improve the accuracy and clarity of some disputed passages including the use of gender inclusive language. my preferred translation for everyday use.
  • Zondervan Handbook to the Bible
  • The Message New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs
  • The Treasury of David, Volmes #1-3(The Treasury of David #1-3)
  • Small Catechism, with Explanation
  • Halley's Bible Handbook
  • Basics of Biblical Greek Workbook
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • Backgrounds of Early Christianity
  • Ashamed Of The Gospel: When The Church Becomes Like The World
  • Believer's Bible Commentary
  • The Search for the Twelve Apostles
  • New Revised Standard Version New Interpreter's Study Bible: New Revised Standard Version with Apocrypha (Hardcover with Dust Jacket)
  • Culture Shift: Engaging Current Issues with Timeless Truth (Today's Critical Concerns)
  • Japanese Grammar
  • Earthen Vessels: Why Our Bodies Matter To Our Faith
  • The Women's Bible Commentary with Apocrypha (Expanded Edition)
  • The Way to God
  • Christianity's Dangerous Idea: The Protestant Revolution: A History from the Sixteenth Century to the Twenty-First
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
Holy Bible: King James Version The Epic of Gilgamesh Holy Bible: New International Version The Quran Life Application Study Bible: NIV

“4God is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened himself against Him and prospered?” 0 likes
“13Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” 0 likes