Start by marking “The Fat Resistance Diet: Unlock the Secret of the Hormone Leptin to: Eliminate Cravings, Supercharge Your Metabolism, Fight Inflammation, Lose Weight & Reprogram Your Body to Stay Thin-” as Want to Read:

No more counting carbs, calories, or fat grams! This revolutionary diet plan works with your hormones to curb your appetite, boost your metabolism, and take the pounds off for good!

Cutting-edge research shows that losing weight is not about carbs, calories, or even willpower—it’s about a hormone called leptin, and how it functions in your body. Leptin is your body’s natura
Published December 26th 2006 by Harmony (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Fat Resistance Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fat Resistance Diet

Deb
Jul 12, 2008 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Deb by: anyone wanting a healthy way of living
This diet WORKS and it's really not a diet, it teaches you a healthy way of eating and living. Along with losing weight, my mood, energy, skin, hair, nails, everything improved.
Jan 08, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, library
If, like me, you eat a reasonable number of calories a day and are moderately to very active, and yet, you can't lose weight, this is a good book to read. Dr. Galland explains how the hormone Leptin works in the body, it's relationship to weight gain and loss and how to change the biochemistry of your body so that it functions the way it is meant to. It is easy to read and it makes more sense than anything I have read on dieting, ever. The diet plan and recipes included with the book are balance ...more
Mimi Amnell
Jan 19, 2014 Mimi Amnell rated it really liked it
By far the best diet book I've ever read! Written by a doctor specialized in nutritional medicine, jointly with his son, who is a chef. This is gourmet diet food, but the empasis is on health. The argument is that inflammation (at the cell level) is the cause of not only weight gain, but also of many illnesses. I suffer from migraine headaches, allergies and asthma, as well as wanting to lose a bit of weight, and I'm hoping that this will help with all of these issues.
Lynny
Oct 23, 2011 Lynny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This diet has all the elements you need to lose weight, and is as healthy as it gets. But for me, it was hard to follow until I got used to not having many carbs. The ingredients are expensive in some of the recipes, so I just adjusted with things I normally buy. I have found that going gluten free is also a huge help with losing weight, and as a thyroid patient, it is essential to eliminate as much gluten as possible. All in all, this book makes sense with the whole idea of leptin resistance, b ...more
Tina
Jun 12, 2011 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-me
I read this book based on a recommendation by my Rheumatologist. He suggested it would help with joint pain and it really did! I have recommended it to lots of people and the people who follow it always report positive results. Not everyone has had weight loss, but everyone has had less inflammation of their joints and less pain. It's easy to incorporate the suggestions into a diet. It's just what to add and what to avoid. Nothing really extreme.

One of the best books on food/diet stuff ever for
Lulu
Mar 17, 2015 Lulu rated it liked it
It has some interesting points, but it is a diet with meal plans and recipes. Glad I read it, but not as earth shattering as I'd been told ;)
Tasha
May 31, 2015 Tasha added it
I think I will be rereading this book again in the future. He gives a very simple explanation of inflammation in the body and the chemical reactions that happen, or are supposed to happen, when we eat. The second half of the book is a diet plan and recipes. I am interested in some of the recipes, but most of it wont work for me, either because of personal taste or food allergies.
Jenny Luebbe
Interesting book but not as technical as I would like. Also the diet seems to consist entirely of a set of meal plans. If you don't want to follow meal plans not much diet. Definitely good info about the hormone leptin
Borbala Hidegh
Feb 28, 2014 Borbala Hidegh rated it it was amazing
This book is about boosting your immune system, reducing inflammation, and creating improved life-style by better food choices and combinations. The flavours, spices, ingredients, and overall food ideas in the recipe section are inspiring.
Beth A.
Jul 13, 2010 Beth A. rated it liked it
Recommended to Beth A. by: Jan
Shelves: nonfiction, health
This book was easy to read and explained just a little bit of the science behind his recommendations. I liked the basic ideas, but I didn't like his diet, which was the type where he tells you exactly what to eat each meal of each day of the week. Some of the recipes may be useful though.
Vanessa
Jun 23, 2010 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend this book! A book that discusses why fad diets don't work and what does, the role of inflammation, belly fat and re-programming your metabolism to lose weight naturally and permanently.
Rosemarie
Jun 08, 2012 Rosemarie rated it liked it
Shelves: health, cookbook
Okay but mostly meals.
Krista
Mar 14, 2010 Krista rated it really liked it
Doing some research on inflammation in the body and how it relates to obesity, pain, skin problems, etc.
Kevin
Mar 19, 2009 Kevin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Big into the leptin-resistance concept. Basically, he wants you to eat veggies and get good fats. Avoid everything else. Wow, amazing. Once again, another book with over half of it being RECIPES!
Summit Yarnstudio
Summit Yarnstudio rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Martha Rafelson
Martha Rafelson rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2015
Juan De
Juan De rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Andrew Whitelaw
Andrew Whitelaw rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2012
Jennifer Mathy
Jennifer Mathy rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2017
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it did not like it
Oct 28, 2009
Inga
Inga rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2014
CHAD L MCLEISH
CHAD L MCLEISH rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Carlatucker
Carlatucker rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2011
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2015
Alverno Devine
Alverno Devine rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Bobbie M. Scofield
Bobbie M. Scofield rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Terilee Arrasmith
Terilee Arrasmith rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living
  • A Chicken in Every Yard: The Urban Farm Store's Guide to Chicken Keeping
  • Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood
  • 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart: Boost Metabolism, Lower Cholesterol, and Dramatically Improve Your Health
  • Don't Throw It, Grow It!: 68 Windowsill Plants From Kitchen Scraps
  • The Unofficial Guide: Walt Disney World 2011
  • Mastering Leptin: The Leptin Diet, Solving Obesity and Preventing Disease
  • Thoughts of a Grasshopper: Essays and Oddities
  • Eat, Drink, and Weigh Less
  • Parenting the Strong-Willed Child: Fortifying Our Youth and Healing Our Prodigals
  • The Mortal Messiah: From Bethlehem to Calvary, Book 3 (Mortal Messiah)
  • Explaining Creativity: The Science of Human Innovation
  • Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth: The Surprising Unbiased Truth about What Treatments Work and Why
  • In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood
  • The Edge Effect: Achieve Total Health and Longevity with the Balanced Brain Advantage
  • Mee Thinks: Random Thoughts on Life's Wrinkles
  • The Supercharged Hormone Diet: A 30-Day Accelerated Plan to Lose Weight, Restore Metabolism and Feel Younger Longer
  • Ultraprevention