God: The Ultimate Autobiography

God: The Ultimate Autobiography

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  13 reviews
In most autobiographies the subject starts at the beginning, but in My case that's tricky. I have no beginning. And, for that matter, I have no end. I'm Infinite.
Published by Salem House Publishers (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God

Meaghan
If you are easily offended by things that could be considered sacrilegious, don't read this book. If you love creative humor on the other hand, you will be laughing out loud reading this book (which can be a rather amusing thing for the people around you). Here's a choice tidbit:

"So I created this little place (heaven). Nothing too ostentatious - just somewhere to hang My halo, as it were. Although don't take this halo business too literally, I obviously don't wear it all the time. It might look...more
Steve
Oct 31, 2008 Steve rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who can laugh at religion
For all of us who love any sort of humor pocking at organized religion, this book is for you!!! And don't fear having to put all other books aside, this is actually one of the shortest books i've ever read, next to fight club. This books is filled with many, very Douglas Adams-like footnotes about what your reading, referencing what your reading as well as making notes to his other "books" like "god on gardening" and "101 things to do with a pillar of salt"
Do yourself a favor and pick this up,...more
Jamie
Jul 09, 2008 Jamie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
God mentions in the preface of this book that the Bible, while well-intentioned, left out some important information and he's writing this autobiography to get the facts straight. What follows is a witty retelling of the creation and early history of mankind that reveals familiar characters and events from the Bible in a whole new light. The only fault I can find with this book is that it ends somewhat abruptly, with a lot of Bible stories still left unexploited.
Massimiliano Liscia
Un libro simpatico che si lascia leggere velocemente. Eppure mi ha deluso. Certo qualche risatina (ma proprio ina) ci scappa, ma niente di più.
Se volete davvero ridere su questo tema, vi consiglio "Parola di Giobbe" del grande Giobbe covatta, è infinitamente meglio di questo.
sologdin
Walks through well known Hebrew Scripture scenes with an eye for comical bits. Tone is more in the manner of friendly ribbing, rather than the anti-theistic animus of Saramago's Cain, say.
Brad Iles
An amusing take on the creation story. The book physically flips over halfway through for Old Nick's version in "Satan: The Hiss and Tell Memoirs". Well worth the 20 cents I paid for it at Rosebud Flea Market.
Michelle
irreverent, cynical, but quite funny satire on what God did in Genesis--like a Dave Barry column--might be fun for an adult read aloud but has some inappropriate references/language
Michael Ware
Only slightly sacrilegious. Clever and witty and if you don't take yourself too seriously you will laugh.
Rustam
Thought it was hilarious when I read it in high school, so I'll go with 4 stars.
M
Given to me by a friend in college... and still makes me chuckle.
Heather
One of the best books ever. Very smart, very funny.
Thedude2511
Ironically...Funny as Hell!
Queen
funny, fluffy, toilet reading
Jacob
Jacob marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Fed
Fed marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Archoboy
Archoboy marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Missing Page Count for ISBN 0881622923 2 12 Oct 03, 2013 10:15PM
Jeremy Pascall was an English screenwriter, broadcaster, journalist and author. He specialized in writing about humour and rock music, starting his career at the magazine New Musical Express. At 26 he moved on to be a producer at London's Capital Radio. He has written several books.

He was an accomplished music journalist, coming of age in the '60s. He interviewed all the big rock stars of the time...more
More about Jeremy Pascall...
The Illustrated History Of Rock Music The Hiss And Tell Memoirs A Pictorial History Of Sex In The Movies The King Kong Story Rolling Stones