Start by marking “Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Pack of 5X4 books” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: ...

Jeff Kinney

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Pack of 5X4 books (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #6)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  49,292 ratings  ·  2,547 reviews
Greg Heffley is in big trouble. School property has been damaged, and Greg is the prime suspect. But the crazy thing is, he’s innocent. Or at least sort of.

The authorities are closing in, but when a surprise blizzard hits, the Heffley family is trapped indoors. Greg knows that when the snow melts he’s going to have to face the music, but could any punishment be worse than
Hardcover
Published November 1st 2010 by Puffin Books (first published January 1st 2010)

Ninglu
Before Reading

The cover seems pretty tempting...with Greg standing astonished by the window...apparently with Manny ;)

In Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Greg was 11, in Grade 6

In Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, Greg was 12, in Grade 7

In Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw, Greg was still 12 and in Grade 7 (since the book began in January)

In Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, Greg is having his summer vacation after he finishes Grade 7

In Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth, Greg was 13, and in Grade 8

B
Kenny Hernandez
1-10 I will say this book get's a 9 it is off the hook! I love the part when Greg was a Criminal but at the same time he was not. Also he had to stay in his grandma's house from All that snow! Also greg want a book singed by Kenny Centazzo but it was a fail. Manny(pest) was also messing with the heat in the house soo that he could get the heat all to hem self.
Hayden
I feel like I'd read this before the whole time I was reading it. I think Kinney is running out of ideas.

Really? How long will this stupid franchise continue? Does Jeff Kinney not have enough money from his already existing six books (one which is just a blank journal!) and his movie franchise? Jeez, these cash cows are killing me.
Lego Robot Ninja
Jan 24, 2012 Lego Robot Ninja rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lego Robot Ninja by: Grandma Trilby
Mum: So what do you want to say about this?

LRN: 500 stars!!!1!

Mum: So, you've read all of these, right?

LRN: There's more. In this one, school property is a must, because there's no school property. Because people had accidents on these things, like the swing, which is a really funny one. It's when a dork named Francis Knott goes flying off the swing onto a see saw, which someone was on, and then woooooooo....

Mum: This is a little confusing. Do you mean that the playground is now not available to
Meg ♥
Dec 29, 2011 Meg ♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents of kids 8-11
My son is 9, and he got this book recently. We read it together, and I have to say this book was so funny and entertaining. I've been trying to get my son to read more, and these are the only books he will reread over and over again.

Recommend this to all parents who want their kids to read more!
Lena
I breezed through the sixth Wimpy Kid book in a few hours. It was simple enough to skim. I don't know if I've paid careful attention to the others or if this one was just somewhat choppy in the writing, but it seemed more like a bunch of little antecdotes and jokes rather than a continuous story in some parts. Still, it was pretty much like the others. Not as funny as the first one or two, but still a cute easy book. I did think it was pretty odd that Greg, who is pretty cynical and in EIGTH GRA ...more
Noble
Greg Heffley is an average boy that goes to middle school. Greg has an older brother named Rodrick, and a younger brother named Manny. His older brother Rodrick is mean. His younger brother is annoying and ruins Greg's games.

At school Greg has a bigger problem. Greg and his friend Rowley were hanging posters at the school. The paintings had paint on them. It started to rain, the rain washed the paint away and made it stain the wall! Will Greg and Rowley get busted or will Greg and Rowley live wi
Tung
I've read every single one of the Wimpy Kid books (and seen both movie adaptations) because my kids find them funny, and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. The first one was, indeed, hysterical, and the second less so but still entertaining. Each subsequent book has declined in entertainment value, and that negative trend continues with this latest installment. Each book focuses on Greg Heffley, a mischievous middle school student who finds himself in various predicaments, usually of h ...more
The Reading Countess
I wanted to like this one more than I did. Perhaps it was my oldest son, a voracious reader, who might have prejudiced me before I even sat down to page one when he tossed it to me and said that it was lame. When pushed, he said that it simply wasn't as funny as the others, and he felt that Kinney was trying too hard.

Despite his youth, I do have to say that I agree with him. I have always laughed out loud at many of the scenes in his books. He has had a pulse on what kids go through and the twis
Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*
Now THIS one is as funny as the early ones. I kept laughing out loud on several occasions. Unlike The Third wheel it jumps around to different events and things happening, which is when I think these books succeed so well. Manny is becoming a little holy terror, isn't he?
Ashley D--
Greg seems oddly young in this book. He believes in Santa, and not just as a thing he hasn't outgrown. It's just a given that Santa exists. Also, his middle school has playground equipment? I know this series is popular with kids much younger than the original target audience, but these details make it much more baby-ish than the earlier books. I'd recommend it to a 7-year old with no qualms, but if an 11-year-old came in looking for a funny book that wasn't for little kids, I would hate to only ...more
Jubilee Aba
I CHOSE THIS BOOK BECAUSE MY BROTHER GOT THIS BOOK IN CHRISTMAS AND SINCE I LOVE DIARY OF A WIMPY KID I WANTED TO READ IT SO BADLY. THIS BOOK IS MAINLY ABOUT A BOY NAMED GREG WHO WRITES ABOUT HIS LIFE AND SCHOOL IN A DIARY BUT HE CALLS IT A JOURNAL. IN THIS BOOK HE WRITES HOW CHRISTMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER AND THAT IT IS A STRUGGLE TO BE GOOD FOR AT LEAST A MOTHS BUT IF HE WANTS PRESENTS FROM "SANTA" HE NEEDS TO BEHAVE. BUT ITS BEEN A BIT OF A STRUGGLE SINCE THEIR BEEN A SNOW STORM AND GREG STU ...more
Noorain K
I finished reading Jeff Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid Cabin Fever. The summary of this book is that Greg Heffley damaged school property and Greg is the main suspect. Also the Heffley's get stuck indoors because of a terrible blizzard. I wouldn't want to be Greg. One reason I like Greg is because he is so humorous one good reason is when the gym teacher told Greg to do exercises at home instead he just used marker to make a six pack ,the next day at gym class these other kids did twelve pack som ...more
Jonathan Punin
After reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever,I noticed that it was snowing a lot in the story. An example of my sighting is that on page 166, it says" The snow was already up to our mail box, and it wasn't showing any sign of stopping". By making an inference, I can infer that there is a blizzard going on. I infer that because in a blizzard it snows a lot. So, if snow is already up to the mail bow, I must mean that it is snowing A LOT. Specially if there is a blizzard going on. Plus I can pr ...more
Amy
Kelsie
This book was not one of my favorite books that I have read but it was still good. I think some parts where really weird. My favortie part was when Greg shoveled a friends drive way and it keept snowing and snowing so he decided to pour water on it and the water froze and it was really slipery and he all most feel. Greg was still paid for doing a bad job. I recomend this book for anyone who wants to be a quick read.
Elisa
I hate to say it, but this series is really losing its steam. There were still two or three laugh out loud moments, but that's way down from the first book when I giggled over something on almost every page.

And am I really supposed to accept that Greg still believes in Santa? Isn't he like twelve or thirteen? That was just weird.
T.R. Graves
I'll be honest...I can't give an real review on this or any of the other Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. What I can tell you is my seven year old son LOVES the books from this series enough to forego Wii, Xbox, baseball practice, and touch football while he reads through a new one for the first time.

When I presented the Cabin Fever edition to him, he stared at it unbelievingly before wrapping his arms around my waste like I'd just handed him million dollars. I'm not sure what the attraction is, but
Prashant
Mar 02, 2012 Prashant rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kritika
This is the 6th book in the Wimpy Kid series. I liked this one a lot and I feel as if this is the best in the series but may be I am wrong here. This is because when I completed the 5th book in the series I had just got my box set delivered and it had only 5 books. So the fun of reading one after other was there but I was not enjoying the books much. As for this book, I had to order it separately and thus read this about 15 days after I read the last one. So enjoyed the reunion thoroughly(grin!) ...more
Ashlyn
This is the book I read this month... Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Cabin Fever, By Jeff Kinney. This book is about 3 boys, they`re brothers. They barley ever get along. Greg always seems to be the unlucky one. I would recommend this book to someone who likes , funny books, and loves to make a prediction on whats going to happen next.

The best part of this book is when Greg freaks out and thinks he`s going to be caught, for putting posters up on the school. After he put the posters up, it rained. The pos
Jessica Hammond
book lexile:1060

The book Diary of a Wimpy Kid:Cabin Fever is about a boy who is tryin to earn money during Christmas. During this time about 3 feet of snow falls and he is stuck inside his house with nothing to do. While he is stuck at home his mom looses her glassed so he has to take care of his little brother. THe basement also floods so that his older brother has to move into his bedroom. When the book ends he still has no money.

I did not like this book because nothing happened and everything
Eyoungblood
Greg a teen boy just has some not-so-good-luck sometimes. Greg has troubles with his older brother Rodrick and his younger brother Manny. The main problem in the book is when Greg gets snowbound his house with his mother and to brothers! The house loses electricity and there is barely any food. Greg was relieved but angry when he found out that the electricity problem wasn't a problem at all, his little brother turned it OFF(except in his own room)!!!

I really enjoyed this book. It was a easy r
Joey
The book “Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever” was a pretty easy book to understand. I liked this book because I got to read pages and actually feel like I was getting somewhere in the book because there are not that many words on a page. It sort of helped me not get a headache with fewer words on a page. The story was also really good because Greg and Rowley are two good friends who got into trouble.

Greg Hefley is the main character and is always getting in some sort of trouble and gets caught b
Lai Valenzuela
Let me start out by saying this: It's not the best Wimpy Kid book ever. I felt that it had barely any action or exciting events. It also seldom had parts that made you feel for Greg (aka Wimpy Kid).

Great beginning, it does make you wonder what's going to happen next. On the other hand, the ending was disappointing. It did not resolve one of the main problems, neither did it wrap-up the whole book.

My advice is to really look into it before purchasing.
Giles L.
Cabin Fever (book 6 of Diary of a Wimpy Kid) is about Greg Heffley who had a lot of bad days. When Greg wanted money by knocking their neighbors, there was bad weather, and it was hard to get the land clean. He was exhausted. When Rodrick and Greg were hanging posters on a brick wall, the rain made the paint stain the wall, and they were caught by somebody. Later, they ran back home, and were worried. At the school, the police came to the school to determine who wrote graffiti on the wall. The p ...more
Manny
The weakest of the series yet. I had really high expectations from the book and was very disappointed.

The book barely managed just some 3-4 times when I just smirked. The previous books always had big situations when you would laugh out loud quite frequently.

I hope that the next set of books turn out to be better.
Mrs. Citizen
I thought this book was really funny and a little scattered. (I think that's just the way Jeff Kinney writes). I prefer books with a more in depth plot, but there were a lot of funny moments! My favorite was when Greg made the fake newspaper.
Alexis R
Grade/interest level: 7th
Reading level: 1060
Genre: humor
Main Characters: Greg Heffley (the Heffley family) ,Rowley Jefferson
Setting: At the Heffleys house (Most of the time)
POV: First person point of view

I like this book because it had a lot of humor. It also an easier book to read. There is a lot of detail and things happening in the book also. I would recommend that you read it if you like funny books. The main character Greg tries to be good to his siblings and friends...ECT, but him mom find
Eric Lin
I feel bad for Greg. He is stuck with Rodrick. I don't get why Manny is becoming so bossy and that he is all that. He doesn't even let his parents watch the news.
Natalya Hotovec
Apr 22, 2015 Natalya Hotovec is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Diary of a wimpy Kid Cabin Fever is about a boy named Greg and how he spent his winter. There is a big blizard and school gets caancled. Greg and Rowley hang up poster on the back of the school advertisinf their holiday bazzar thay are holding. They hang up the posters but when they drove by the schhol the next day they saw that it had rained and color on the posters ran and stained the school walls. They tried to get it off but get caught and get in big trouble.

I would reccomend this book to an
#HMSreads: Summer Reading Challenge 11 3 Aug 03, 2014 10:28PM
the big storm 1 12 Apr 10, 2014 03:07PM
DIARY OF A WIMPY KID: cabin fever 20 29 Feb 20, 2014 11:59AM
Why is Greg afraid of Santa's Scout? 2 32 Jan 17, 2014 10:02AM
  • Big Nate Strikes Again (Big Nate Novels, #2)
  • Darth Paper Strikes Back
  • Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets (Captain Underpants, #6)
  • Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life (Midde School, #1)
  • Happy Birthday, Bad Kitty
  • Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Stink, #3)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star (Dork Diaries, #3)
Jeff Kinney is an author of children's books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series. Jeff was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971 where he created a comic strip called "Igdoof."He also created the children's website 'Poptropica'.
More about Jeff Kinney...

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (10 books)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)
  • The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)
  • Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #10)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1) Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2) The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3) Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4) The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)

“So I've started wearing sweatpants to bed because I really don't need Santa seeing me in my underwear.” 66 likes
“I've seen a lot of movies where a kid my age finds out he's got magical powers and then gets invited to go away to some special school. Well, if I've got an invitation coming, now would be the perfect time to get it” 43 likes