Start by marking “ATOMIC ROBO 2. ATOMIC ROBO Y LOS PERROS DE LA GUERRA” as Want to Read:
ATOMIC ROBO 2. ATOMIC ROBO Y LOS PERROS DE LA GUERRA

ATOMIC ROBO 2. ATOMIC ROBO Y LOS PERROS DE LA GUERRA (Atomic Robo #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  957 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
Eisner-nominated ATOMIC ROBO lands on the front lines of World War II against the science freaks and devastating weird weaponry of Nazi Germany — from invincible walking tanks to atomic-powered weather cannons to the Monster Soldiers of the Third Reich. Can ROBO and THE SPARROW, Britain’s greatest covert operative, complete their mission and turn the tide of the war withou ...more
Published 2011 by Norma Editorial (first published February 25th 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about ATOMIC ROBO 2. ATOMIC ROBO Y LOS PERROS DE LA GUERRA

Malapata
Apr 04, 2015 Malapata rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Continúan las aventuras de Atomic Robo, esta vez durante la Segunda Guerra Mundial y su enfrentamiento con, como no, malvados científicos nazis y sus terribles creaciones.
Volvemos a encontrarnos con un cómic muy disfrutable, que no se toma en serio a sí mismo. Pero claro, si de lo que hablamos es de un robot inteligente alimentado por energía atómica construido en los años 30 por Nikola Tesla, ¿qué otra cosa podríamos esperar?
Me lo he pasado bien leyéndolo pero lo he disfrutado menos que el vol
Rob
This is the second trade paperback for Atomic Robo, a wonderful comic about a robot designed and built by Nikola Tesla. I'm not much of a comics reader and even less of a comics buyer, but this series won me over with one of its Free Comic Book Day releases and I'm slowly working my way through the TPBs. This one is entirely stories set in World War II, with Robo working for the Allies, and is consequently a bit darker and less whimsical.

I enjoyed it, but the stories didnt seem to be as well-con
***Dave Hill
Oct 08, 2013 ***Dave Hill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: illustrated
Atomic Robo is back, and this time he's out to punch Hitler's clock.

Picture Hellboy as an atomic powered robot built by Tesla. In this collection, he's fighting in World War 2 against Nazi mecha, bio-engineered brutes, and weather machines. It's two-fisted action, lovingly illustrated, full of fun and adventurous, and I'd probably recommend it to anyone.

Time to order the next volume.
Katie
Apr 05, 2016 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I'm suffering from not having the first volume. I just felt kinda lost. D: But the character design is rad!
Seth Tucker
Aug 15, 2016 Seth Tucker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great adventure. This one follows Tesladyne's Atomic Robo through WWII. He is on a mission to stop giant walking tanks so that the invasion of Sicily can proceed. Watch as he and Britain's top secret agent, Sparrow, fight against mutated Nazi supermen in an attempt to stop the special weapons program of the Nazis. In the final adventure, Robo leads a small force of British soldiers in an attempt to put a stop to the most devastating weapon the Nazis have, one that they will use in a last ...more
Adam Graham
Jun 03, 2016 Adam Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Atomic Robo: The Dogs of War is a great book that plays with the concept of Robo as this long lived robot created by Tesla and tossing him into World War II. The book is the same sort of adventure we'd expect from Robo after reading Volume 1. He's battling Nazis and trying to thwart them from developing super weapons. For two stories he joined by a reluctant female partner.

What makes the book work is that the writer and the artist both have a love for the era that comes from their grandfathers a
William Kulesa
Jan 21, 2010 William Kulesa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Hellboy, pulp, science-fiction, and steam punk
In many ways, Atomic Robo is very similar to Mike Mignola’s Hellboy as it deals with a non-human protagonist living in a world populated by humans that frequently misunderstand him or seek to use him in some manner. Unlike Mignola, series creator Brian Clevinger doesn’t mine fables, fairy tales and myths for his inspiration but pop culture and the mythology of the American experience. Throughout the series Robo finds himself facing giant ants straight out of the 1954 B-movie classic “Them!,” Naz ...more
Kurt
Jul 23, 2011 Kurt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another solid collection of Atomic Robo stories, with the clean artwork, fast pace, good-natured humor, and explosive action that I'm learning to expect from this title. These stories are all set in Europe in WWII, and they're everything they should be, with big machines and a little espionage and an incomprehensible Scottish soldier saving the day from time to time. Robo, our hero, is still wisecracking and indestructible and relatively sane within the delightful madness that surrounds ...more
Devon
Feb 21, 2014 Devon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comixology
The second volume of Atomic Robo, set in a single narrative arc during WWII, while still fun and fast-paced, wasn't as compelling as the first volume. It certainly sets up the conflict for a long-running villain arc, but the writing didn't feel quite as tight and the plot itself wasn't sewn together quite as well as I would have hoped.

But it was still fun. I enjoyed the banter between Robo and Sparrow - and the Scottish commando was so perfect it was hard not to laugh out loud.
B
Sep 19, 2015 B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
This one is not as *fun* as other Atomic Robos I've read. A lot of times it meanders pretty close to "say a quip and then get punched or smash something" for a bunch of panels in a row. This can sometimes work but it usually requires and extreme string of luck on quip-writing.

It just seemed to lack some of the wacky zing that usually accompanies the whole backbone of the story. Nazi Frankensteins and walking tanks aren't as played out as zombies, but . . . .
Mike
Jul 14, 2011 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It feels a little more like Robo is a hero that can't lose (though he sure gets into a pickle) - but I don't entirely care. The storytelling is well-executed - Clevinger actually believes his audience has a brain to fill in some details, and is interested in following a mystery.

That Clevinger can construct suspense and mystery here is a continued pleasure - but the personality of Robo is the true gem.

However, I must return to the "never loses" aspect here. In volume 1 Robo was vexed by his own M
Terrence
Apr 27, 2014 Terrence rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent installment in the saga of Atomic Robo.

Seriously, this is just a fun read, across the board. This volume is mostly about Robo's escapades in World War Two. We get neat characters (Nazis and otherwise), dire threats, excitement and, most importantly, great dialogue and a fun story.

You can't go wrong with a robot battling Nazis!
Randy Lander
Feb 28, 2009 Randy Lander rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
A lot of fun, just like the first one, but the World War II setting, combined with the heartfelt thanks to WWII vet grandfathers by the creative team, gives this one a bit of a bounce over the last one. It's still got plenty of the wacky, from the over-the-top Scottish accent of the character based on Clevinger's grandfather to much of Robo's dialogue, and there's a lot of action and fun, but... there's also some poignant moments.

The post-war finale with Robo's nemesis is nice, quiet, effective
Brian
May 05, 2014 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I forgot how great this series is, haven't read it since it originally came out 5 years ago. Need to go back and re-read all the old Robos.

Helsingard as an archnemesis kinda got dropped since this book though huh? Probably for the best, Dr. Dinosaur and Majestic-12 make for much funnier and/or interesting villains anyway.
Andy
May 05, 2013 Andy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
It's been a while since I read the first collection (which I really enjoyed) but Atomic Robo really doesn't require any prior knowledge. This time we get a series of stories from WWII which sort of flow though seem a little disjointed (saying something for AR). The art is brilliant throughout and again, fantastically coloured. I thought that though fun, it was less funny this time round (probably reflected the era and events in which it's set), with glimpses of the previous humour only really cr ...more
Josh
Apr 30, 2016 Josh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: atomic-robo
Volume two was an all around step up from volume one. Robo gets two side characters that actual stand out as well as a new old nazi villain that comes off alot better than the first one. I really hope Scottie comes back, I love his and Robo's interactions.
Keegan Blackler
Jan 21, 2014 Keegan Blackler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A friend lent me every volume of Atomic Robo the other day, and I've already devoured them all. This is what Comics are supposed to be -- witty, pulpy, perilous without being dour, and thoroughly suffused with adventure and fun. Who knew the schmuck behind 8-Bit Theater (which I loved, admittedly) would turn out to be one of the modern masters of comic writing? Get ready for, like, 9 five-star reviews.
Renee
Apr 09, 2016 Renee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
What if the Nazi army had Imperial walkers? Or creepy frankendroids with massive upper bodies teetering on impossibly tiny legs? Oh Atomic Robo. A silly book, but I gave it an extra star for the utterly delightful Scottish commando James "Scottie" Milligan.
Rami
Jun 15, 2014 Rami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a really nice book with really nice illusion work in it. this book involves a lot of action and humor in it and the visuals also help you understand more what the book is talking about
Adelaide Metzger
I bought his book and read it before I got the first one, but this volume rocked! The whole deal with Atomic Robo being a civilian of the United States reminded me SO much of Adam Link Robot. But unlike Adam Link, who completely refused to serve in the military, Atomic Robo aids his strength and abilities to fight in World War II.

Jeez, I loved this so much. Robot stories like this don’t get enough credit. The art is great, the balance between humor and drama goes perfectly with the intense leve
Dustin
May 16, 2015 Dustin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pulp, sci-fi, comic
Set entirely during the second World War, Atomic Robo battles the worst Nazi super-science (the most evil of the super-sciences) with two fists and one liners.
j_ay
Jul 30, 2014 j_ay rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Real weak story, but Wegener's art is wonderful and Ronda Pattison is one fo the very, very few digital colorists that does a great, supportive job.
John Shaw
Jul 03, 2016 John Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The adventures of Atomic Robo continue
This volume chronicles his fight against Mad Nazi Science
During WW II
Blair Conrad
I dunno. It just seemed like nothing was there besides robots and cyborg zombies and Nazis. I just lost interest.
Brian Childs
Sep 06, 2015 Brian Childs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books, sci-fi
This series is such great fun. I can rarely get through an issues without laughing out loud.
Nick Mazmanian
Oct 16, 2014 Nick Mazmanian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Robo is awesome, and if you're not reading it, then you suck.
Steven
May 09, 2015 Steven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-completed
Good, but less focused than the first. Still hilarious.
Chris
May 29, 2012 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Atomic Robo is big, two-fisted fun! It combines sly humor and superhero adventure into a package that is smart and surprisingly addictive. Scott Wegener's art has grown on me and become irresistible. Robo started as a wisecracking, Hellboy-ish character (even treading some of the same eras and punch-em-out attitude as the big, red guy). But, over the course of the first two trade collections, he's developed into his own, idiosyncratic character. Brian Clevinger's writing is smart and sharp, and ...more
John
Jul 10, 2016 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What if Hellboy was a robot?
Molly
Aug 05, 2009 Molly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-books
This is my second Atomic Robo book and I really love this character. The first book gave you a peek into his human side and the fact that Tesla gave him emotions when he created him. This second has that but really embraces some of the funny. This is for someone with an interest in past wars and not for someone who does not like fighting. Intended audience is Adult but a high schooler with these interests would also like this. Maybe a fan of wolverine during WWII.
  • Ignition City Volume 1
  • B.P.R.D., Vol. 4: The Dead (B.P.R.D., #4)
  • The Sixth Gun, Vol. 3: Bound
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 5
  • Dinocalypse Now (Dinocalypse Trilogy, #1)
  • The Thrilling Adventure Hour
  • Elephantmen, Vol. 2: Fatal Diseases
  • Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 3
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 5: Lone Goat and Kid (Usagi Yojimbo, #5)
Brian Clevinger is best known as the author of the most popular sprite webcomic, and one of the most popular webcomics overall, 8-Bit Theater. He is also the author of the self-published novel Nuklear Age. Clevinger has recently received attention for his Eisner-nominated print comic Atomic Robo.

Claiming that his "favorite comics are the ones where the jokes are on the reader," Clevinger is an e
More about Brian Clevinger...

Atomic Robo (10 books)
  • Atomic Robo and the Fightin' Scientists of Tesladyne (Atomic Robo, #1)
  • Atomic Robo and the Shadow from Beyond Time (Atomic Robo, #3)
  • Atomic Robo and Other Strangeness (Atomic Robo, #4)
  • Atomic Robo and the Deadly Art of Science (Atomic Robo, #5)
  • Atomic Robo Volume 6: The Ghost of Station X (Atomic Robo, #6)
  • Atomic Robo Volume 7: The Flying She-Devils of the Pacific