Start by marking “Lord of Bones” as Want to Read:
Lord of Bones

Lord of Bones (BloodAngel #2)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  106 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Jess and Ramsey stopped a demon from bringing about the apocalypse. But a gate was opened and more demons have come to Earth-inhabiting human bodies. Now, these demon hybrids are paving the way for the arrival of the Soulbreaker, known as Lord of Bones...
Published July 1st 2008 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about Lord of Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of Bones

Cornerofmadness
May 12, 2009 Cornerofmadness rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you read the prequel to this, Blood Angel ? No, then back away from this book and go get that one. It’s darn good in its own right and while, Lord gives you several hints to what happened it’s not really enough to fully enjoy this story. This one took me a tad longer than usual to read partly due to my work schedule but partly due to the dense plot that needed chewing over. The story is told from several points of view (each getting its own labeled chapter so it’s easy to follow).

Jess, one
Kelly Flanagan
Oct 16, 2010 Kelly Flanagan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually liked this book a lot more than I thought I would. I had tried to start it twice before, obviously without success. But third times a charm I guess. I think I will also like the first book,which I didn't have the pleasure of reading first. Thought let it be known that I didn't find it to be a hindrance to reading this one.
The characters, though, I found to surprise me and not all of them in a good way. Maybe it is due to being a second book, and certain things are assumed to be 'commo
Daniel
Aug 01, 2008 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every so often, I stumble across that proverbial 'needle in a hay-stack'.

I had only read one other title by Justine, and that was Uninvited. While Uninvited was a good read, it was more young-adultish to me, so I assumed 'Lord of Bones' to be more of the same.

I was wrong.

'Lord of Bones' proved to be one of those 'sleeper' hits for me, and it was able to grab my attention from the start, which is no small feat I might add. The scene with the surfer in the ocean staring in disbelief as a large
Danielle
** This rating is based purely on personal preferences; I have nothing to complain about the author's writing quality or style.

I may end up finishing this book, since I own it and only have a few more chapters to go--but not right now, not at this time in my life. Stories about demons are invariably oppressive, depressing and gratuitous in a morbid and ick way rather than a violent one--which I understand is how they're supposed to be. This one delivered. But I realized finally that they're jus
Michelle B
Oct 04, 2011 Michelle B rated it it was ok
not quite what i was expecting from this book. did not realize there was a prequel until i started reading this one. not that you have to have read the prequel first but it would have helped give some insight first. i just felt like it kept jumping too much and i had to keep going back remembering who was who and doing what. b/c of this for me, it did make the characters stand out to me. no one to really relate to like i'm use to. i was struggling to finish the book and then when it was over it ...more
Beautiful_Jade
There is just something about this and the first book that completely pulls me in.

I just wish I knew what the heck was going on at the end!
Gerri Leen
Jul 24, 2010 Gerri Leen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-author
This is the sequel to BloodAngel and it is a worthy sequel. It spans the line between dark fiction and horror (think Simon R. Green with an even edgier bent). This author draws me in like I don't usually get drawn in, and creates a world so believable that you just go along for the ride, even though it's very weird and not always comfortable. And anything can happen, as readers found out in BloodAngel. I hope we'll be seeing a lot more of Justine Musk. I don't know if this book calls out for a s ...more
P.J. Coldren
Sep 21, 2008 P.J. Coldren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of doomsday speculative fiction
Recommended to P.J. by: received for review
I found LORD OF BONES to be confusing. I had a difficult time, sometimes, keeping track of the characters. I'm still not sure about the plot - was the world as we know it saved or not? If this is part of a series, that nebulosity is probably a good thing, but it didn't inspire me to track down the first book in the series and I certainly don't feel any compulsion to read anything else by this writer. I enjoyed it while I was reading it, although I didn't have any trouble putting it down for 2 da ...more
Emma
Apr 19, 2015 Emma rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I just couldn't get into this book even though I persevered until the end. Out of the characters only Lucas and Del were interesting to me. The other thing which hindered me was the swapping of character viewpoints. I would just get going with one character and then it would swap to another. I've read books like this before but this time it just didn't work for me. Other people seem to have enjoyed the book but it just wasn't for me.
C.
Something just seemed lacking from this second book from the first... but I still enjoy the story and characters enough to want more.

I think that this story suffered from the Perspective jumps which left large gaps in certain parts of the narrative.
Jim Short
Dec 11, 2013 Jim Short rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, thriller
Descriptions are lacking. I understand that she is trying to describe abnormal/fantastical things but the situations and events are so 'far' out there that the descriptions of events/places lack any relatable connection and just end up as confusing.
Amanda
Jan 25, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing was excellent, and I enjoyed the evolution of the characters and their relationships. The villain, however, I didn't find nearly as powerful as Asha, and his schemes and the climax itself never came together for me.
Matt
Sep 30, 2008 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I have read all the hype about Lord of Bones, and will admit it peaked my inner creep and it did not disappoint! I would recommend this book as well as Blood angel. I am on to read The Uninvited next.
Lily
Apr 27, 2009 Lily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, horror
A good book but I likeed Blood Angel better. Having said that there were parts and visualizions that were really exceptionally good. For example Mr. "Web". WOW!! This is an author I will be watching!
kate
Dec 29, 2010 kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark-fantasy
pretty much the same as the first, but a bit better. 3.5 stars, would be good as a movie.
juliet/
May 04, 2009 juliet/ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Also loved it. Will comment more on it later.
Sania
Nov 30, 2012 Sania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haven't seen work this good in a long time
Carrie Baumbach
Carrie Baumbach marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Saba Razvi
Saba Razvi marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Chloe Bragg
Chloe Bragg rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Mercedes
Mercedes marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
A
A added it
May 10, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Marie-claude
Marie-claude marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Aquietglow
Aquietglow marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Mercedes Johnson
Mercedes Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
askani
askani marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
MollyK
MollyK marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Dena
Dena added it
Feb 20, 2016
  • Tales of Pain and Wonder
  • Daemon Eyes (Daemons, Inc., #1 & #2)
  • The Soul Collector
  • Bite Marks: A Vampire Testament
  • Apocalypse Memories (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #2)
  • GloomCookie, Volume 2 (GloomCookie, #2)
  • Bad Bargain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #5)
  • Torn (The Blood Lily Chronicles, #2)
  • Her Dark Destiny (Hunters of the Dark, #1)
  • Hellboy: The Fire Wolves
  • Lord of the Deep (Horde Wars, #5)
  • Of Masques and Martyrs (Shadow Saga #3)
  • Ordinary Charm
  • Demon Seed (Good Will Ghost Hunting, #1)
  • Call to the Hunt
  • Darkness Calls (Hunter Kiss, #2)
  • Ink (The Book of All Hours, #2)
Justine Musk was born in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada and earned a degree in English literature from Queen's University. After working and traveling in Australia and Japan, she moved to California. She is divorced and lives in Los Angeles.

Her website is www.tribalwriter.com.

She's the author of three books: a YA supernatural thriller called UNINVITED (MTV Books/Simon & Schuster), the dark urb
More about Justine Musk...

BloodAngel (2 books)
  • BloodAngel (BloodAngel #1)