Start by marking “Scrummy!. Leigh Hodgkinson” as Want to Read:
Scrummy!. Leigh Hodgkinson

Scrummy!. Leigh Hodgkinson

"My dad says that every family has its own special magic with lots of yummy stuff inside. I've decided that my family is kind of like a sandwich..." In this fabulously funny story from an award winning animator, Sunny discovers that families can be made up of many different mixtures, but the only ingredient that matters is love.
Published September 1st 2010 by Orchard (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Scrummy!. Leigh Hodgkinson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scrummy!. Leigh Hodgkinson

Kelly Ann
This was a very funny book and I think all ages would be enticed by its silliness. The story is centered around a little girl adding ingredients to her family sandwich. The story is very far fetched but is very enjoyable for young children as there are all sorts of fantastic things one would never put on a sandwich. It is quite a metaphorical book as the plain cheese sandwich in the beginning represents her ordinary family and it turns out in the end that thats the way Sunny Mc Cloud likes her ...more
Sinead Mccormick
This book uses a huge variety of adjectives and I think it would be great for years 2-4 to use as inspiration for descriptive writing. It also teaches the valuable lesson of being careful what you wish for. The main character Sunny isn’t satisfied with her family and decides to add to it, only to realise in the end she was much happier with the original. The book is beautifully illustrated and allows for plenty of discussion.
Myra
Apr 29, 2012 Myra rated it it was amazing
My 5 year old picked this out at the library 2 weeks ago..nice cover! And now he and his 2 year old brother are both happily eating lettuce in their sandwiches, whereas previously neither boy would touch the stuff:-)
Dee-Ann
May 13, 2012 Dee-Ann rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was a bit strange, but my sons loved it and the youngest came up to me later requesting an ice cream sandwich, without the lettuce.
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Prem Samuel
Prem Samuel rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2013
Merla
Merla rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Bob
Bob rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Rebecca Chew
Rebecca Chew rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2015
Julie Grasso
Apr 28, 2014 Julie Grasso rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a huge favourite in our house.
Zaynab
Zaynab rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2014
Shizuka.failana9
Shizuka.failana9 rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2013
Rachel
Jan 27, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
My son loves baking so he adores this book a lot, and it is a heartwarming easy read :-)
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
E R
E R marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Ashly Nelson
Ashly Nelson marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Rosie
Rosie marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Stephen Morris
Stephen Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Leigh is the author and illustrator of Goldilocks and Just the One Bear and illustrator of the Magical Mix-Ups series.

Leigh is an award-winning animator and worked as art director on the BAFTA-award winning animated series, Charlie and Lola.

She is also an award-winning children’s book author and illustrator, who is absolutely passionate about writing, making things up and daydreaming. Among her ma
More about Leigh Hodgkinson...