Start by marking “The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals” as Want to Read:
The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals

The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  4,345 ratings  ·  117 reviews
Beautifully illustrated, The Crystal Bible offers a comprehensive guide to crystals, their shapes, colors and applications. With informative descriptions and an easy-to-use format, it is an indispensable practical handbook for crystal lovers and users everywhere - both beginner and expert alike.

The book's directory format and beautiful, full-color photos ensure that the c

Published 2003 by Walking Stick Press

The Power of Now by Eckhart TolleYou Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. HayA New Earth by Eckhart TolleDemons of the Flesh by Nikolas SchreckThe Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Most Influential Metaphysical/Spiritual/Occult Nonfiction
35th out of 221 books — 141 voters
Wicca by Scott CunninghamThe Triumph of the Moon by Ronald HuttonThrough the Mists of Faerie by The Silver ElvesThe Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews by Scott CunninghamAn Elfin Book of Spirits by The Silver Elves
20th out of 68 books — 41 voters

More lists with this book...

More detailed definitions than the Crystal handbook, but doesn't have all of the ones I was researching. However, there are 2 new additions out of this book by the same author.
Impulse purchase. It's key focus is on the healing effects of crystals, which I'm not interested in.

Looking up crystals with this book fills me with despair. Scientifically-unfounded paragraphs about "healing properties" fill the 400-pages of this book -- all that wasted space could have been used for including more crystals, not to mention useful information about the history and facts behind each crystal. Tell me how the crystal is formed, not whether it "promotes introspection" or "stabilises
Bu alanda sözde 35 yıllık tecrübesi olan Judy Hall'in, öykülerimde vs. bana yardımcı olsun, genel kültürümü genişletsin diye gidip de satın aldığım bu kitabı tam bir pişmanlık. Goodreads'ta bir de 4 küsür puan almış. Yazıklar olsun.

21. yüzyıla gelmişiz, hala "şifalı ot, şifalı taş bik bik" zırvalıklarına inanan bunun gibi tipler var. Evinin girişinde karşıdan sol köşeye atıyorum Malakit taşı koyarsa zenginliğinin artacağını, alnına akik bastırırsa ümitsizliğe iyi geleceğini falan cidden düşünen
If you are in to crystals, gemstones, and how to use them in everyday life and for healing, then this is the book for you. The name says it all. It is my bible for crystals and healing. My copy is dog-eared and pages have to be stuck back in because it is so well used.

The Crystal Bible is a comprehensive listing of hundreds of gemstones and crystals, with detailed information on their appearance, their properties and attributes, and how to and what sort of healing to use them for. As well as hav
Jul 17, 2010 ♥Xeni♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: crystal fans
Shelves: non-fiction, crystals
I bought this book in the Bangkok Airport, and then read it on my long flight from Bangkok to Munich. It definitely paid off to buy this book! I know a lot of crystals, but I don't think that there was one in this book that I knew! It is amazing to see how many crystals are out there! This is definitely a great reference book (especially for all the other advice that it gives on how to use crystals, etc)
Not a definitive guide to crystals by any means - if thats what you are looking for try Love is in The Earth or any of Melodys works - but it is still a useful quick reference guide if you kind of know what you are looking for.
Alex O.
Nov 20, 2015 Alex O. added it
Recommends it for: people who like crystals and bibles
My life is complete because I now know that this masterpiece is on goodreads.

Meaghan Lake
this book is next to my bed all the time it's used as a reference for us each time we have something we think crystals might help with ranging from health issues to stress and simple relaxation might not be to everyone's taste but if you like this sort of the g you should get this book
I use this book as a reference all the time. Sometimes it yields more information than I need, while other times not nearly enough but perhaps it's a start. I can't say it's "amazing" but it's definitely my first go-to for the spiritual and healing info on crystals and minerals.
Highly useful! I refer to this frequently to become more familiar with the specific stones my children and I are drawn to. It's a little tricky to find a stone "in reverse" - there's not really a map for identifying stones by color, for example, so it helps to have some idea of what you might have picked up.

But the information provided in the book is invaluable. There are also some instructions with metaphysical information about ways to use the stones, for those interested. All told, it's been
Katje van Loon
I'm not terribly sciencey so I can't speak with full authority to the bits of the book that talk about the scientific facts about crystals, but they did seem fairly accurate when compared to my hazy memory of geology.

The rest of the book I found useful. It has full color pictures of crystals so you can actually ID those stray stones in your collection (I found out I have a piece of Kyanite, f'ex). The information on how to use the crystals does focus on healing, but I didn't see any glaring err
This is more of a guide to the metaphysical properties of crystals than to physical properties or identification of crystals. If you are interested in the use of crystals and gems for healing, then this book is for you. That said, I find it is fairly informative, the images are beautiful, and it's easy to find the info you're looking for with the way the book is organized.
Bright photos and descriptions of gems/crystals and technical info for each one. Useful little guide for beginners into crystal collecting. There is a lot of overwhelming information online or in other books but this is well thought out and the layout makes for easy reading. Neat reference book for coffee tables or on a shrine of your own.
K.S. Thompson
This book is a must have for any crystal-lover's library. I have found it immensely helpful on my own journey and recommend it to anyone, especially those just starting who need help with identification or metaphysical properties.

My full review is on my blog :
Markus Vernon
This is the sort of book you wish you could carry with you everywhere!

I refer to this book at least once a week nd sometimes I'll just open at a random page alearn about a crystal I've not read about before. A must have foreverybody interested in the spiritual use of crystals.
I honestly love this book, although there are a few things I find issues with, it is overall a wodnerful book to have.

The small, compact size may seem odd, but the book is chocked full of very useful information and guides, going beyond a simple book of crystals to a working guide of how to utilize their various energies in a myriad of techniques, from crystal grids for particular rooms to wearing them in alignment to a particular body part or chakra, to healing with gem elixers.

The full color g
Another Thyme
As someone who has rocks and crystals in every corner of our home I was delighted when I came across this book. Lots of great photos and information for those of us who know that because "we are all in this together" crystals can utilized for healing and life changes.
Charlotte ♡
I've seen people complaining about the mistakes in this book but I don't really care that much, there's even more people saying that this is the best book for beginners, so I'm going to use it for reference even if there's some wrong information. This is my first crystal book so I can't really compare it to anything and I like it so far. I like the size of it, it's convenient - not too huge and not too small. Everything is really easy to understand and the index at the end is very helpful.
Katja Vilponiemi
For the lovers of stones, a good short-hand info kind of book with beautiful pics. Not the most informative as in in-depth but gives the most important properties in a handy and eye-pleasing package.
This is a must have for anyone who is interested to learn about crystals and their properties. I use it all the time as a reference and cannot imagine being without it.
A compact - take me along in your tote bag, kinda book that you can just flip open a page and define the stone/crystal you are looking to find more information on.
Sandra Chamness
Very easy to use this book to identify your crystals and research their healing properties. The photos are excellent.
I love this little book and want the others that follow! This book has and still teaches me a lot about stones.
Rebecca Hagin
Another good easy reference book with pictures which can help you determine which crystal you have
A great beginners guide to crystals and minerals, not to mention a fun coffee table book.
Fusun Dulger charles
A book everyone working with Crystals should have. Succinct and descriptive.
Maria Quinn
If you are interested in crystals this is the book for your shelf!
I felt like an explorer, deciphering the hidden meaning behind each stone, each shape.
Even if you don't believe in the power of crystals, it's interesting to identify them and no longer look at them as just "pretty rocks" but something you recognize and can name.
A wonderful and must-have guide - from begginers to experts.
Ellen Allerton
Excellent guide to crystals, their identifacation, meaning and use.
Does this book... 4 15 Mar 26, 2013 05:16PM
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • Crystal Therapy
  • The Spells Bible: The Definitive Guide to Charms and Enchantments
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads
  • Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development
  • Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
  • Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up
  • Witch Crafting: A Spiritual Guide to Making Magic
  • Book of Pagan Prayer
An internationally known author, astrologer, psychic, healer, broadcaster and workshop leader, Judy Hall has been a karmic counsellor for over thirty years.

Her books have been translated into fifteen languages. Her specialities are past life readings and regression; reincarnation, astrology, psychology and natural forms of healing.

She has clients from all walks of life: the House of Lords, the Eur