Start by marking “The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals” as Want to Read:
The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals

The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals

4.37  ·  Rating Details ·  5,005 Ratings  ·  131 Reviews
Beautifully illustrated, The Crystal Bible offers a comprehensive guide to crystals, their shapes, colors and applications. With informative descriptions and an easy-to-use format, it is an indispensable practical handbook for crystal lovers and users everywhere - both beginner and expert alike.

The book's directory format and beautiful, full-color photos ensure that the c

Published 2003 by Walking Stick Press

To ask other readers questions about The Crystal Bible, please sign up.

Diana Cristeti I love this book. It describes all crystals from a multiple point of view: appearance, worldwide distribution, actions and healing properties -…moreI love this book. It describes all crystals from a multiple point of view: appearance, worldwide distribution, actions and healing properties - everything very beautifully illustrated and written in a accessible manner. (less)
The Power of Now by Eckhart TolleYou Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. HayThe Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoA New Earth by Eckhart TolleDemons of the Flesh by Nikolas Schreck
Most Influential Metaphysical/Spiritual/Occult Nonfiction
16th out of 243 books — 155 voters
Wicca by Scott CunninghamThe Triumph of the Moon by Ronald HuttonThrough the Mists of Faerie by The Silver ElvesThe Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews by Scott CunninghamAn Elfin Book of Spirits by The Silver Elves
20th out of 68 books — 41 voters

More lists with this book...

May 24, 2014 Lee rated it it was amazing
If you are in to crystals, gemstones, and how to use them in everyday life and for healing, then this is the book for you. The name says it all. It is my bible for crystals and healing. My copy is dog-eared and pages have to be stuck back in because it is so well used.

The Crystal Bible is a comprehensive listing of hundreds of gemstones and crystals, with detailed information on their appearance, their properties and attributes, and how to and what sort of healing to use them for. As well as hav
Aug 11, 2015 Kimberly rated it really liked it
More detailed definitions than the Crystal handbook, but doesn't have all of the ones I was researching. However, there are 2 new additions out of this book by the same author.
Apr 23, 2013 Maya rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Impulse purchase. It's key focus is on the healing effects of crystals, which I'm not interested in.

Looking up crystals with this book fills me with despair. Scientifically-unfounded paragraphs about "healing properties" fill the 400-pages of this book -- all that wasted space could have been used for including more crystals, not to mention useful information about the history and facts behind each crystal. Tell me how the crystal is formed, not whether it "promotes introspection" or "stabilises
Jul 17, 2010 ♥Xeni♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: crystal fans
Shelves: non-fiction, crystals
I bought this book in the Bangkok Airport, and then read it on my long flight from Bangkok to Munich. It definitely paid off to buy this book! I know a lot of crystals, but I don't think that there was one in this book that I knew! It is amazing to see how many crystals are out there! This is definitely a great reference book (especially for all the other advice that it gives on how to use crystals, etc)
May 06, 2015 M. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bu alanda sözde 35 yıllık tecrübesi olan Judy Hall'in, öykülerimde vs. bana yardımcı olsun, genel kültürümü genişletsin diye gidip de satın aldığım bu kitabı tam bir pişmanlık. Goodreads'ta bir de 4 küsür puan almış. Yazıklar olsun.

21. yüzyıla gelmişiz, hala "şifalı ot, şifalı taş bik bik" zırvalıklarına inanan bunun gibi tipler var. Evinin girişinde karşıdan sol köşeye atıyorum Malakit taşı koyarsa zenginliğinin artacağını, alnına akik bastırırsa ümitsizliğe iyi geleceğini falan cidden düşünen
Jun 05, 2009 Libby rated it liked it
Shelves: spirit
Not a definitive guide to crystals by any means - if thats what you are looking for try Love is in The Earth or any of Melodys works - but it is still a useful quick reference guide if you kind of know what you are looking for.
Alex O.
Nov 20, 2015 Alex O. added it
Recommends it for: people who like crystals and bibles
My life is complete because I now know that this masterpiece is on goodreads.

Jan 05, 2016 Cindra rated it it was amazing
Had to research "magic rocks" I received for Christmas. This is my go-to fav book for looking up gemstones and crystals, and their applications for spiritual and physical healing.
Juli Anna
Sep 11, 2016 Juli Anna rated it it was ok
Shelves: spirit
Frankly, I don’t think I’m the right kind of person to write a review of this book--I’m a big crystal skeptic. People who believe in the power of crystals clearly find this book indispensable, and I am glad they have a book they love. As a lover of jewelry and a collector of beautiful natural objects, I have always admired crystals and minerals, and the taxonomist in me loves to read about how they are classified and related to each other. As a generally symbolic thinker, I also love to learn th ...more
Meaghan Lake
Sep 08, 2012 Meaghan Lake rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is next to my bed all the time it's used as a reference for us each time we have something we think crystals might help with ranging from health issues to stress and simple relaxation might not be to everyone's taste but if you like this sort of the g you should get this book
Sep 24, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I use this book as a reference all the time. Sometimes it yields more information than I need, while other times not nearly enough but perhaps it's a start. I can't say it's "amazing" but it's definitely my first go-to for the spiritual and healing info on crystals and minerals.
Apr 29, 2015 Krista rated it it was amazing
Highly useful! I refer to this frequently to become more familiar with the specific stones my children and I are drawn to. It's a little tricky to find a stone "in reverse" - there's not really a map for identifying stones by color, for example, so it helps to have some idea of what you might have picked up.

But the information provided in the book is invaluable. There are also some instructions with metaphysical information about ways to use the stones, for those interested. All told, it's been
Aug 07, 2016 Evelyn rated it really liked it
For anyone interested in crystal healing, energy work with crystals, etc. this book is a must-have in my opinion. A very good resource for beginners, but inclusive and descriptive enough to keep around for experienced crystal workers.
My only complaint about this book is that her images in the citrine entry are all examples of baked amethyst which is not natural citrine. The entry doesn't mention this fact at all, and that's problematic for beginners who will often find out the hard way that citr
Katje van Loon
Jan 06, 2013 Katje van Loon rated it liked it
Shelves: witchcraft
I'm not terribly sciencey so I can't speak with full authority to the bits of the book that talk about the scientific facts about crystals, but they did seem fairly accurate when compared to my hazy memory of geology.

The rest of the book I found useful. It has full color pictures of crystals so you can actually ID those stray stones in your collection (I found out I have a piece of Kyanite, f'ex). The information on how to use the crystals does focus on healing, but I didn't see any glaring err
Dec 07, 2015 AliceinWonderland rated it really liked it
- A very comprehensive, easy to read guide.
- It taught me a lot of useful information, especially about purchasing certain crystals that have been dyed (such as agate) or heated (amethyst heated to look like citrine)...unfortunately AFTER I had already purchased them, but still helpful nonetheless. Buyer beware.
- Some nice photos; a better selection that other guides I have seen.
Jun 14, 2014 Vanessa rated it liked it
This is more of a guide to the metaphysical properties of crystals than to physical properties or identification of crystals. If you are interested in the use of crystals and gems for healing, then this book is for you. That said, I find it is fairly informative, the images are beautiful, and it's easy to find the info you're looking for with the way the book is organized.
Jun 03, 2014 Caitlin rated it really liked it
Bright photos and descriptions of gems/crystals and technical info for each one. Useful little guide for beginners into crystal collecting. There is a lot of overwhelming information online or in other books but this is well thought out and the layout makes for easy reading. Neat reference book for coffee tables or on a shrine of your own.
Markus Vernon
Dec 24, 2014 Markus Vernon rated it it was amazing
This is the sort of book you wish you could carry with you everywhere!

I refer to this book at least once a week nd sometimes I'll just open at a random page alearn about a crystal I've not read about before. A must have foreverybody interested in the spiritual use of crystals.
I honestly love this book, although there are a few things I find issues with, it is overall a wodnerful book to have.

The small, compact size may seem odd, but the book is chocked full of very useful information and guides, going beyond a simple book of crystals to a working guide of how to utilize their various energies in a myriad of techniques, from crystal grids for particular rooms to wearing them in alignment to a particular body part or chakra, to healing with gem elixers.

The full color g
Another Thyme
Mar 20, 2015 Another Thyme rated it really liked it
As someone who has rocks and crystals in every corner of our home I was delighted when I came across this book. Lots of great photos and information for those of us who know that because "we are all in this together" crystals can utilized for healing and life changes.
Charlotte ♡
Sep 11, 2014 Charlotte ♡ rated it really liked it
I've seen people complaining about the mistakes in this book but I don't really care that much, there's even more people saying that this is the best book for beginners, so I'm going to use it for reference even if there's some wrong information. This is my first crystal book so I can't really compare it to anything and I like it so far. I like the size of it, it's convenient - not too huge and not too small. Everything is really easy to understand and the index at the end is very helpful.
Katja Vilponiemi
Jan 29, 2015 Katja Vilponiemi rated it liked it
For the lovers of stones, a good short-hand info kind of book with beautiful pics. Not the most informative as in in-depth but gives the most important properties in a handy and eye-pleasing package.
Xenia Orkopoulou
Aug 22, 2016 Xenia Orkopoulou rated it it was amazing
τι μπορεί να πει κανείς για το έργο της Judy Hall και τις πληροφορίες που μας δίνει μέσα από τα χρόνια πρακτική της εργασία. απλά υπέροχη δουλεία πολύ χρήσιμες πληροφορίες
Jul 06, 2014 Kristina rated it it was amazing
This is a must have for anyone who is interested to learn about crystals and their properties. I use it all the time as a reference and cannot imagine being without it.
Feb 28, 2014 Tracy rated it liked it
A compact - take me along in your tote bag, kinda book that you can just flip open a page and define the stone/crystal you are looking to find more information on.
Feb 07, 2016 Brucella rated it it was amazing
Extremely well researched. Judy Hall is highly knowledgeable on her subject. Very useful information. Beautiful images. Highly recommended.
Catherine Green
Oct 15, 2016 Catherine Green rated it it was amazing
A brilliant resource, and one that I dip into frequently when I am working with crystals and discovering new ones.
Sandra Chamness
Jul 23, 2015 Sandra Chamness rated it really liked it
Very easy to use this book to identify your crystals and research their healing properties. The photos are excellent.
Apr 06, 2014 Bridget rated it it was amazing
I love this little book and want the others that follow! This book has and still teaches me a lot about stones.
Gabriel Lea
May 28, 2016 Gabriel Lea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual, health
A comprehensive guide with good pictures. This is a reference book I go back to again and again.
Does this book... 4 17 Mar 26, 2013 05:16PM
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • Crystal Therapy: How to Heal and Empower Your Life with Crystal Energy
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • The Spells Bible: The Definitive Guide to Charms and Enchantments
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development
  • Animal-Speak: The Spiritual and Magical Powers of Creatures Great and Small
  • Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft
An internationally known author, astrologer, psychic, healer, broadcaster and workshop leader, Judy Hall has been a karmic counsellor for over thirty years.

Her books have been translated into fifteen languages. Her specialities are past life readings and regression; reincarnation, astrology, psychology and natural forms of healing.

She has clients from all walks of life: the House of Lords, the Eur