Start by marking “The Mischief Monster” as Want to Read:
The Mischief Monster

The Mischief Monster (Moongobble and Me #4)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  103 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Sometimes when you get what you want, it's not as good as you thought it would be. Ever since Edward's good friend Moongobble became a full magician, life has been rather boring. No more adventures.But then Snelly comes bursting into their lives. Snelly is small -- only a foot tall -- but she's a bundle of trouble. She's the daughter of the queen of the Mischief Monsters, ...more
Published July 10th 2007 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Mischief Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mischief Monster

Canadian Reader
May 07, 2015 Canadian Reader rated it did not like it
Shelves: level-p
Snelly, a young monster has fled Monster Mountain for the village of Pigbone, after dropping her little brother off at the crude castle of Oggledy Nork (a sort of cretinous caveman giant with a speech impediment). She was jealous of the attention her mother, the Queen of Monster Mountain, was giving to the prince and felt his removal from the family home was the best course. Now, Moongobble, an addled magician, and his trusty friends Edward and Urk need to get Snelly back home before war is decl ...more
Kat  Hooper
Jan 17, 2012 Kat Hooper rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.
THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE AUDIO VERSION SPECIFICALLY.

The Mischief Monster is the fourth book in Bruce Coville’s delightful MOONGOBBLE AND ME series for ages 9-12. I’ve been listening to this series of short books on audio with my girls who are 6 and 9 years old. Each book is about an hour long and dramatized by Full Cast Audio, which means there’s a cast of readers playing parts rather than just one narrator.

In The Mischief Monster, Edward, Moongobble, and th
Beth
Sep 18, 2014 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: read-aloud
Moongobble may have completed his three mighty tasks, but the adventures continue! I do think this one lacked a little in terms of the feel-good themes I loved about the first three in the series, but it was still engaging and well-worth reading aloud before bedtime. My kids love this series, and it was fun to watch my nine-year-old figure out the plot twist well before it was revealed (and well before his mother! Haha).
Kat  Hooper
Nov 11, 2013 Kat Hooper rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Originally posted at FanLit.

In The Mischief Monster, Edward, Moongobble, and their friends try to return a mischievous monster princess named
george
Aug 09, 2008 george rated it liked it
Edward's good friend, Moongobble, is finally a full-fledged magician, but it's not as great as Edward had hoped. Now things are quite boring wihtout having to accompany Moongobble on tests and tasks. But then a strange little creature that goes by the name of Snelly comes bounding into their lives. Snelly has run away from home and must be returned before her mother declares a mischief war. But Snelly lives in Monster Mountain and it will be a scary journey to get there. And when they finally ar ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Nov 03, 2008 Lisa (Bookworm Lisa) rated it really liked it
This is a cute book. I just finished reading with my kindergartener.

Moongobble is not a full wizard. At least he has been accepted by the wizarding community. He still has a lot to learn about spells.

The daughter of the queen of the mischief monsters runs away from home. Moongobble, Edward, Urk and the dragon go on an adventure to take her home. They get her home and find that their work is not finished. Another adventure is around the corner.

Great fun for kids and the young at heart.
Amie Anderson
Dec 14, 2013 Amie Anderson rated it it was ok
Shelves: eng261
The Mischief Monster is a fantasy chapter book about a boy who finds a young monster who has run away from home. He and his friends the magician, the dragon, and the cat go on a journey to return her back to her land. The author used a LOT of made-up words, which made it hard to read, but I did like how he had a glossary of all of the made-up words in the back of the book. The theme is adventure and finding where you belong. This book would be enjoyable for students ages 8-12.
Todd
Sep 10, 2009 Todd rated it it was amazing
I read this book outloud to my family. I loved doing all the different voices. Irk has such a deep stracthy voice that it hurt sometimes to do. My fav character voice to do is Snelly, the tiny monster princess. The easiest character voice to do was edward. This was a fun series to read. I am sad that this was the last book. I hope that Bruce Coville would write a 5th book about the curse of oggledy nork.
Marcelle
Oct 30, 2012 Marcelle rated it really liked it

I think the Moongobble series is very cute. They are simple without being dumbed down, the characters are charming and I imagine that they would be perfect for those who are starting to read on their own, or even as a bedtime story (told over several nights) for smaller children.
Samantha
Oct 31, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
Great series for boys. Entertaining and light.
Michael
Jul 21, 2009 Michael rated it it was amazing
Thank bruce! He's awesome!
Alexandra aka Auntie J
Feb 29, 2008 Alexandra aka Auntie J marked it as kids-books-research
Shelves: tony-next-year
Think this is the 4th one.
Westley Reid
Westley Reid rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Joel
Joel added it
Feb 06, 2016
Ariadne
Ariadne is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Emily Black
Emily Black marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Joshua
Joshua rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
Elisa
Elisa rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Erica Cruz
Erica Cruz marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Pixelpeach
Pixelpeach rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Fionn
Fionn rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2015
Nathan and Colin
Nathan and Colin rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Tiana Harris
Tiana Harris rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2015
V
V rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2015
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Moongobble and Me (5 books)
  • The Dragon of Doom
  • The Weeping Werewolf (Moongobble and Me, #2)
  • The Evil Elves (Moongobble and Me #3)
  • The Naughty Nork