Start by marking “Lizzie Beautiful: The Lizzie Velasquez Story” as Want to Read:
Lizzie Beautiful: The Lizzie Velasquez Story

Lizzie Beautiful: The Lizzie Velasquez Story

Lizzie Velasquez, born with a rare medical condition, opens her soul and shares her remarkable story, giving us an inspiring testimony. This book, whether read by an individual or shared as a group, becomes a tool to discover that beauty is unique to each of us. Includes over 50 color photographs of Lizzie and her family.

A sampling of messages Lizzie has received from aro
Published July 22nd 2010 by Epigraph Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lizzie Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lizzie Beautiful

Rebecca McNutt
Feb 10, 2016 Rebecca McNutt rated it it was amazing
Born with a rare medical condition and causing her to be blind in one eye and be smaller than most people her age, Lizzie was cruelly labeled "World's Ugliest Woman" online and told to kill herself. Since then, this inspirational and talented girl has become a motivational speaker, graduated college with degrees in communications and English, and has traveled all over the country. This memoir documents her journey and tells her story, and it's definitely worth reading.

*By the way, I don't think
Coen
Aug 26, 2010 Coen rated it it was amazing
Even though I thought it was too short (I wanted to know so much more!), I am completely pleased with Lizzie's book. It takes incredible courage to open yourself up to the entire world and let them read all about your insecurities and fears. I respect her and wish the best for her in life. Lizzie, you are wonderful.
Diane
Mar 14, 2011 Diane rated it it was amazing
Lizzie's story is an inspiring reminder for everyone-- to follow your own dreams, to believe in yourself and your loved ones. She is a great motivational speaker as well. Thank you, Lizzie and Rita for sharing your family's lives with us so we can all learn from you!
Cindy
Aug 04, 2012 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
Lizzie Beautiful is a short, easy read in simple language that is accessible to all levels of readers. Its beauty is in the spirit of Lizzie herself, who has faced the worst bullying imaginable and come out a positive person who prefers to inspire others rather than bemoan her fate. Every adolescent girl needs to know this story.
Jessica
May 05, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
A great, quick read. I just wish it would have been longer!
Jan 04, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: autobiography
This was a very short read, but I liked it because I find the lives of other people interesting. I do wish more had been included more about her experiences. Lizzie has had a rough life, but she's determined to come out on top. This is an inspirational story and a good reminder that most of us don't have it as tough as we think.
Richard Reinhar
Mar 04, 2016 Richard Reinhar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Lizzies book was short but very sweet. It tells her story of growing up with a genetic disorder that prevents her from gaining weight. She goes through the terrible bullying of other children calling her horrible names and the absolutely horrible YouTube video she saw on line. A great book. 5 out of 5 stars.
Kirsten
Nov 01, 2012 Kirsten rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biographies
Lizzie truly is beautiful. Bad example, but one I've always liked: In the movie Shallow Hal Hal gets to see the inner beauty of women, and even the prettiest on the outside can look like an wrinkly old crone on the inside.
Leslye Wilson
Aug 30, 2016 Leslye Wilson rated it it was amazing
Amazing story, amazing woman. You see Lizzie's true beauty as you read her story. My only negative is that the story is too short. Yet, there is so much to learn from Lizzie, her family and friends through this book.
Angie Covarrubia
Angie Covarrubia rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2014
Sanjana Valapil
Sanjana Valapil rated it it was ok
May 03, 2014
Elizabeth Smith
Elizabeth Smith rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2013
Nadine Alsharif
Nadine Alsharif rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2013
Tori
Tori rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Jesika
Jesika rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Jestoni Bonite
Jestoni Bonite rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2013
Kaitlin
Kaitlin rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2014
A Kaiser
A Kaiser rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2014
Ellen
Ellen rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Jared
Jared rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2014
Peace
Peace rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2013
Debrah
Debrah rated it really liked it
May 13, 2014
Kit Virgadamo jewell
Kit Virgadamo jewell rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2013
Sing Kan
Sing Kan rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2014
Mickey
Mickey rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2014
Phú Nguyễn
Phú Nguyễn rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Brianna
Brianna rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2013
Anshini Chatreejee
Anshini Chatreejee rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2014
Elizabeth Brewer
Elizabeth Brewer rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
My Group: Lizzie Velásquez's Comfort and Support Group! 2 6 Apr 20, 2013 08:51AM
  • The Pig and I
  • Stardust: The David Bowie Story
  • Live What You Love: Notes from an Unusual Life
  • A Thousand Shall Fall: The Electrifying Story of a Soldier and His Family Who Dared to Practice Their Faith in Hitler's Germany
  • Marnie the Dog: I'm a Book
  • I Love You Phillip Morris: A True Story of Life, Love, & Prison Breaks
  • Bloodsworth: The True Story of the First Death Row Inmate Exonerated by DNA
  • Kissing Outside the Lines: A True Story of Love and Race and Happily Ever After
  • Bronson
  • The Life and Death of Mary Wollstonecraft
  • Neale Donald Walsch on Relationships: Applications for Living
  • Dancing the Dream
  • Callgirl: Confessions of an Ivy League Lady of Pleasure
  • Meena, Heroine of Afghanistan: The Martyr Who Founded RAWA, the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan
  • Sailing Between the Stars: Musings on the Mysteries of Faith
  • Rubout (Francesca Vierling Mystery, #2)
  • Knitting with Balls: A Hands-On Guide to Knitting for the Modern Man
  • Letters for My Brothers: Transitional Wisdom in Retrospect
The eldest of three children born to Rita and Guadalupe Velásquez.
Lizzie was born four weeks prematurely, her birth weight was only 2 pounds 11 ounces (1,219 grams).
Her age was reported as 23 in September 2012, a time when she was nearing graduation from Texas State University majoring in communication studies.
She is a Roman Catholic and she has spoken out in terms of her belief in God who has "
More about Lizzie Velásquez...