Start by marking “Dannii: My Story” as Want to Read:
Dannii: My Story

Dannii: My Story

Dannii Minogue first appeared on television aged 7. She signed her first record deal at the 17 and ever since she has been wowing audiences around the world with her charm and her charisma. In this very personal and uplifting autobiography, Dannii talks openly for the first time about the highs and lows of her 30 year career.
Published 2010 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Dannii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dannii

Amanda
Jan 30, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
How a tomboy who hated her name and wanted to be called Danny and pretended to be Grease's Rizzo grew up to become known as Dannii.

She takes us through her younger years when she and her family moved quite regularly [her parents would make extra income by buying run-down houses, restoring them and selling them on for profit] and how her chosen after-school activity of singing and dancing lessons lead to her being a finalist in the talent-search section on TV show Young Talent Time. She didn't w
Sam Still Reading
Sep 18, 2011 Sam Still Reading rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dannii fans
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: bought at a book sale
Like most Aussie kids growing up in the 80’s, we all knew Dannii and her big sister, Kylie. Kylie was Charlene on Neighbours and Dannii was on Young Talent Time and Home and Away. We all wanted to be one of them, singing into our hairbrushes. So naturally I was drawn to read Dannii’s biography when I was browsing a book sale to catch up with what she’s been doing while I was busy growing up.

This book starts with Dannii as a child and ends with the birth of her child Ethan (I read the hardcover v
Miles
Nov 18, 2010 Miles rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Although no stranger to the spotlight, Danni Minogue’s big break in the UK came via the highly popular X Factor, joining a judging panel that included Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Sharon Osbourne. Her assured performance throughout the series in 2007, despite the backroom antagonism, confirmed her place on Saturday night television and she became a household name in her own right. She will forever be known as Kylie’s little sister, there’s no getting away from that, but through sheer determinat ...more
Nikki Bywater
Dec 22, 2012 Nikki Bywater rated it really liked it
From her early upbringing in Australia and finding herself in the spotlight at an early age, to her pop career, and her true feelings about her sister Kylie. With behind the scenes and gossip from the X factor and what really did happen with Sharon Osbourne. To the tragedy of losing friends to cancer and helping support Kylie through her own battle with the disease and to finding love and becoming a mother,

A well written and interesting account of Dannii Minogue’s life so far. From the lime ligh
chucklesthescot
At the time when I read it I gave it three stars because I liked reading it. I was interested in her early entertainment career where she was one of my favourite ever Home and Away characters. I was interested in reading about her celebrity relationship to fellow actor Julian McMahon and how his mother drove them apart. Her singing career and X Factor battles with Sharon Osbourne also fascinated me.

However she failed to mention anything about the now well known affair with Simon Cowell which le
Louise Jones
Jul 14, 2013 Louise Jones rated it it was ok
Shelves: bio
I have started reading Biographies as a way of relaxing as to be honest they do not require much effort !! It was interesting in someways finding out about the arguments we have read about in the press and to get it from the horses mouth so to speak ! makes me glad not to be famous as must be awful your life is not your own very moving reading about the pregnancy and how she did not want the press to know because before 3 months up!! my mum has always claimed their Nain came from near her home ...more
Virginia Mae
Jun 06, 2011 Virginia Mae rated it it was amazing
Fact: I wish to be adopted by the Minogue family circa 1980.

Fact: "This is it"!, the details of said beach romp and Dannii's subsequent marriage to that guy from Nip/Tuck who was terrible as Doctor Doom in the Fantastic Four movies: DETAILS AT LAST.

Fact: Being Kylie's sister is apparently a delicate balance between love and the evil pressures of the media trying to compare Dannii with Kylie.

X-Fact-ors: Sharon Osbourne is a massive biyatch, and Cheryl Cole is lovely (knew this already, but nice
Jun 12, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography-memoir
This was such an easy book to read, nice short chapters, lots of goss and fun, it was really hard to put down. I was a huge fan of Dannii Minogue when I was in primary school because unlike the other big stars of the day- Madonna and Kylie she had dark hair like me. I had her first album and used to make up dance routines to it. Then when she came back with Neon Nights I loved the album and her personal style around that time so I was glad when she brought out this autobiography, although I didn ...more
Hannah Mai
May 05, 2012 Hannah Mai rated it it was amazing
Dannii Minogue is a complete and utter GODDESS... She has gone through so much hardship in life and hopefully and will find true live somewhere. Her biography is sooo truthful and it makes you realise how her came began when she was 7. She was born into a normal Aussie family and then later became famous through talent shows and perseverance.
I loved looking at the pictures that were used and I love her sooooo much, it is unbelievable how long I had waited to read her autobiography!!
I LOVE YOU
Jody
Oct 11, 2011 Jody rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
I have been wanting to read Dannii's autobiography all year. It was so good. She has gone through heartbreak, sadness, isolation, personal and public attacks and yet still remains so down to earth and grounded. It's obvious what a big heart she has. I loved chapter 25 - My Sister and the Epilogue - Welcome to the World, about her son Ethan. There are lots of great photos through out. I liked her before, but so much more now. I was a huge fan of Young Talent Time!
Last of all - what a skank Sharon
Emma
Apr 14, 2013 Emma rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-books
Someone bought me this as a Christmas present - not really sure why as I've never mentioned liking her before but I thought what the hell I did say I wanted to read more biographies/non fiction. It was okay as the 2 star rating implies - perhaps worth more if you're actually a fan of hers. Ironically some of the things I found most interesting about the book were things about other people in her life such as Julian McMahon and his Mother.
Shaun
Jan 11, 2012 Shaun rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
I read this book in 2010 having a mixed opinion about Ms Minogue and not knowing all that much about her but finished it with a new found respect for her. I didn't know what she had been through and the book was a real page turner, a must read for fans of Dannii but one that people like me with misconceptions or mixed opinions should also read.
Louise
Jul 04, 2011 Louise rated it really liked it
I really did not like Dannii before I read this. I found her plastic and was team sharon. However after reading this, through i am still team sharon I have grown to like Dannii and realize she is actually a nice girl. She documents her amazing life with happiness. Some wonderful pictures are included to. A good read.
Helen
Jan 22, 2011 Helen rated it really liked it
I asked for this book for Christmas. Its the first biography I have ever read or wanted to read. It was a good read in that it was interesting to know how much she has been through & come out the other side fighting. Made me appreciate not being famous!! I gave it 4 stars because in some parts it jumps about a bit time wise & I got a little confused.
Yanir Dekel
Jul 25, 2015 Yanir Dekel rated it really liked it
Shelves: entertainment
Dannii surprised me. I didn't know about her depressions and her many (many) gay male friends :) and also- a large portion of the book is dedicated to her dealing with people around her having cancer, which was really interesting and surprising. It's a good biography, especially for pop music lovers, it's great to discover little Dannii all over again.
Natalie
Feb 06, 2011 Natalie rated it liked it
My first autobiography and what an ah-mazing one to start with. So many things you never know about the celebrities you see everyday happen. They are normal people who do normal things. You would never have thought to look at someone so happy and loving that she has been through so much sadness and loss in her life. Yet she got up and got on with it and look at her now. Someone to be admired.
Charmaine Coombes
I grew up watching Dannii on YTT so I loved reading about her time on the show and growing up in the burbs! She's lived an interesting showbiz life and it's a great read to follow all the highs and lows of her career. A definite must read for DM fans who loves the pop music and pop culture of YTT through to Neon Nights and her role on Australia's Got Talent!
Mary
Feb 19, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autobiographies
i have wanted to read this book for ages and i found it did not disappoint. I found it to be a very honest book and didnt realise Dannii had lost so many close friends to cancer, it was lovely reading about her love with Kris and baby Ethan and to see her obvious love for her sister Kylie if u r a Dannii fan this is a must read
Caroline G'wattage
Feb 12, 2015 Caroline G'wattage rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Buying this book at a local salvos, it was not a regret at all.
An actress and singer growing up with, it was such a pleasure reading.
Dannii had many career highs as well as many painful lows.

This book sums up, it does not matter who you are, we are all human and our lives are like roller coasters.
OxoNewbie
Nov 10, 2016 OxoNewbie rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
I have to be upfront about this first - I am indifferent to Dannii Minogue, I don't like her or dislike her. I do like showbiz autobiographies/biographies, and this one was easy to read. I thought Dannii Minogue struck the right balance of telling her side of the story, saying it how it is without doing complete character assassinations.
Matt Farrelly
Oct 29, 2016 Matt Farrelly rated it liked it
An average read, detailing young Dannii's rise to stardom, her earlier failed marriage (to actor Julian Mcmahon) and relationship breakdowns, and her ultimate journey to the happy place she finds herself in today.

Not really a "warts and all" tale that some of the other autobiographies I have read lately have turned out to be, but good if you are a fan and want to know more behind the name.

Zoe Mitchell
Jun 16, 2013 Zoe Mitchell rated it really liked it
From being the child star in oz to then being compared to her big star sister compares to nothing that Dannii talks about in her book. A great read into the life and many sad times of ms Minogue and how she got herself through it all.
Kathy Petrakis
Jan 20, 2014 Kathy Petrakis rated it really liked it
A great read about an interesting person. There was honesty in there and I learnt a lot about this person who I hadn't followed closely for a long time. Isn't quite as in-depth as I would have liked on the personal level but that's always a tough call.

Definitely recommend it.

Jacqui
Dec 13, 2011 Jacqui rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A friend in my book club gave it to me to read and I loved it. It took me back to growing up with the Minogues on Australian television. I loved Young talent time and I loved Danni. Despite her status as a star, she seems very down to earth and real!
Rosie
Oct 03, 2010 Rosie rated it really liked it
Shelves: autobiography
Dannii Minogue is a GODDESS!
Paula Croskell
Feb 25, 2012 Paula Croskell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-books
I enjoyed this book and learnt a few things that I didn't know about Dannii. Her future seems to be now focused on Kris and baby Ethan.
Suzie Flohr
May 29, 2012 Suzie Flohr rated it really liked it
As I was a fan of hers growing up , I wanted to read this. I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would
Annie
Apr 05, 2012 Annie rated it it was amazing
brilliant
Bill
Jun 26, 2012 Bill rated it liked it
Shelves: bio-s
I really enjoyed this after about the half way point. I never knew anything about her, but it was a surprisingly good biography.
Lynette Lucas
Jun 21, 2012 Lynette Lucas rated it liked it
Great insight into youngest Minogue..I remember Dannii prior to XFactor so it was a good read to fill in some of the blanks and hear her side to the stories reported in the tabloids
  • Catch a Fire: The Autobiography
  • The Devil Rides Out
  • The Life of Lee
  • Cheryl: My Story
  • No Holding Back
  • Why Do I Say These Things?
  • Don't You Know Who I Am?
  • Mack the Life: The Autobiography
  • A Young Man's Passage
  • Parky: My Autobiography
  • Last Man Standing: Tales from Tinseltown
  • Small Man in a Book
Dannii Minogue has achieved twelve consecutive number one dance singles, becoming the most-successful artist on the UK Club Chart. The last year has seen Dannii's star ascend into the stratosphere, becoming a bona fide national treasure, as hailed by the UK media. Most recently, following her triumphant 2009 season on The X Factor, watched by a peak of 19.2 million, Dannii has been crowned 'Best T ...more
More about Dannii Minogue...