Start by marking “Dannii: My Story” as Want to Read:
Dannii: My Story

Dannii: My Story

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  258 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Dannii Minogue first appeared on television aged 7. She signed her first record deal at the 17 and ever since she has been wowing audiences around the world with her charm and her charisma. In this very personal and uplifting autobiography, Dannii talks openly for the first time about the highs and lows of her 30 year career.
Published 2010 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Dannii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dannii

Amanda
How a tomboy who hated her name and wanted to be called Danny and pretended to be Grease's Rizzo grew up to become known as Dannii.

She takes us through her younger years when she and her family moved quite regularly [her parents would make extra income by buying run-down houses, restoring them and selling them on for profit] and how her chosen after-school activity of singing and dancing lessons lead to her being a finalist in the talent-search section on TV show Young Talent Time. She didn't w
Miles
Although no stranger to the spotlight, Danni Minogue’s big break in the UK came via the highly popular X Factor, joining a judging panel that included Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Sharon Osbourne. Her assured performance throughout the series in 2007, despite the backroom antagonism, confirmed her place on Saturday night television and she became a household name in her own right. She will forever be known as Kylie’s little sister, there’s no getting away from that, but through sheer determinat ...more
Sam Still Reading
Oct 29, 2011 Sam Still Reading rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Dannii fans
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: bought at a book sale
Like most Aussie kids growing up in the 80’s, we all knew Dannii and her big sister, Kylie. Kylie was Charlene on Neighbours and Dannii was on Young Talent Time and Home and Away. We all wanted to be one of them, singing into our hairbrushes. So naturally I was drawn to read Dannii’s biography when I was browsing a book sale to catch up with what she’s been doing while I was busy growing up.

This book starts with Dannii as a child and ends with the birth of her child Ethan (I read the hardcover v
Nikki Bywater
From her early upbringing in Australia and finding herself in the spotlight at an early age, to her pop career, and her true feelings about her sister Kylie. With behind the scenes and gossip from the X factor and what really did happen with Sharon Osbourne. To the tragedy of losing friends to cancer and helping support Kylie through her own battle with the disease and to finding love and becoming a mother,

A well written and interesting account of Dannii Minogue’s life so far. From the lime ligh
Caroline G'wattage
Buying this book at a local salvos, it was not a regret at all.
An actress and singer growing up with, it was such a pleasure reading.
Dannii had many career highs as well as many painful lows.

This book sums up, it does not matter who you are, we are all human and our lives are like roller coasters.
Virginia
Fact: I wish to be adopted by the Minogue family circa 1980.

Fact: "This is it"!, the details of said beach romp and Dannii's subsequent marriage to that guy from Nip/Tuck who was terrible as Doctor Doom in the Fantastic Four movies: DETAILS AT LAST.

Fact: Being Kylie's sister is apparently a delicate balance between love and the evil pressures of the media trying to compare Dannii with Kylie.

X-Fact-ors: Sharon Osbourne is a massive biyatch, and Cheryl Cole is lovely (knew this already, but nice
Louise Jones
I have started reading Biographies as a way of relaxing as to be honest they do not require much effort !! It was interesting in someways finding out about the arguments we have read about in the press and to get it from the horses mouth so to speak ! makes me glad not to be famous as must be awful your life is not your own very moving reading about the pregnancy and how she did not want the press to know because before 3 months up!! my mum has always claimed their Nain came from near her home ...more
Justin Longino
Dannii Minogue is one of my favorite music artist. She can keep the party going well in the AM light. If you love pop/dance music and a juicy life story. Pick this up!
Kathy Petrakis
A great read about an interesting person. There was honesty in there and I learnt a lot about this person who I hadn't followed closely for a long time. Isn't quite as in-depth as I would have liked on the personal level but that's always a tough call.

Definitely recommend it.

Kellie Mackrell
A really well written, honest and entertaining at times autobiography that showed you the insight into Dannii's life. I am not a fan as such of hers but I still really enjoyed this.
Hannah Mai
Dannii Minogue is a complete and utter GODDESS... She has gone through so much hardship in life and hopefully and will find true live somewhere. Her biography is sooo truthful and it makes you realise how her came began when she was 7. She was born into a normal Aussie family and then later became famous through talent shows and perseverance.
I loved looking at the pictures that were used and I love her sooooo much, it is unbelievable how long I had waited to read her autobiography!!
I LOVE YOU
Jody
I have been wanting to read Dannii's autobiography all year. It was so good. She has gone through heartbreak, sadness, isolation, personal and public attacks and yet still remains so down to earth and grounded. It's obvious what a big heart she has. I loved chapter 25 - My Sister and the Epilogue - Welcome to the World, about her son Ethan. There are lots of great photos through out. I liked her before, but so much more now. I was a huge fan of Young Talent Time!
Last of all - what a skank Sharon
Emma
Someone bought me this as a Christmas present - not really sure why as I've never mentioned liking her before but I thought what the hell I did say I wanted to read more biographies/non fiction. It was okay as the 2 star rating implies - perhaps worth more if you're actually a fan of hers. Ironically some of the things I found most interesting about the book were things about other people in her life such as Julian McMahon and his Mother.
Noel
nothing special but an easy read and slightly interesting.
Natalie
My first autobiography and what an ah-mazing one to start with. So many things you never know about the celebrities you see everyday happen. They are normal people who do normal things. You would never have thought to look at someone so happy and loving that she has been through so much sadness and loss in her life. Yet she got up and got on with it and look at her now. Someone to be admired.
Helen
I asked for this book for Christmas. Its the first biography I have ever read or wanted to read. It was a good read in that it was interesting to know how much she has been through & come out the other side fighting. Made me appreciate not being famous!! I gave it 4 stars because in some parts it jumps about a bit time wise & I got a little confused.
Book Addict Shaun
I read this book in 2010 having a mixed opinion about Ms Minogue and not knowing all that much about her but finished it with a new found respect for her. I didn't know what she had been through and the book was a real page turner, a must read for fans of Dannii but one that people like me with misconceptions or mixed opinions should also read.
Mary
i have wanted to read this book for ages and i found it did not disappoint. I found it to be a very honest book and didnt realise Dannii had lost so many close friends to cancer, it was lovely reading about her love with Kris and baby Ethan and to see her obvious love for her sister Kylie if u r a Dannii fan this is a must read
Louise
I really did not like Dannii before I read this. I found her plastic and was team sharon. However after reading this, through i am still team sharon I have grown to like Dannii and realize she is actually a nice girl. She documents her amazing life with happiness. Some wonderful pictures are included to. A good read.
Shauna
Loved this book!:-) loved looking through her life and her personal stories. This books very personal as it goes into kylies sickness,feuds etc.You definitley see dannii in a different light and she comes accross as a very likeable down to earth person in this book.
Jacqui
A friend in my book club gave it to me to read and I loved it. It took me back to growing up with the Minogues on Australian television. I loved Young talent time and I loved Danni. Despite her status as a star, she seems very down to earth and real!
Zoe Mitchell
From being the child star in oz to then being compared to her big star sister compares to nothing that Dannii talks about in her book. A great read into the life and many sad times of ms Minogue and how she got herself through it all.
Lynette Lucas
Great insight into youngest Minogue..I remember Dannii prior to XFactor so it was a good read to fill in some of the blanks and hear her side to the stories reported in the tabloids
Sacha
i remember reading this book just after it came out and dannii minogue was my idol for at least the next couple of years. i was obsessed
Paula Croskell
I enjoyed this book and learnt a few things that I didn't know about Dannii. Her future seems to be now focused on Kris and baby Ethan.
Bill
Sep 06, 2012 Bill rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: bio-s
I really enjoyed this after about the half way point. I never knew anything about her, but it was a surprisingly good biography.
Caroline
Great book, I didn't realise Dannii had done as much as she has in her life. It made me cry & laugh! All in all a great book xx
Katrina
Exceptional - apart from the first few chapters which were somewhat boring.
Katy
Jul 16, 2011 Katy added it
loved it ready it again and agian
Amy
it was a fun book to read
  • The Devil Rides Out
  • The Life of Lee. by Lee Evans
  • May I Have Your Attention, Please?: The Autobiography
  • Mack the Life: The Autobiography
  • Traci Lords: Underneath It All
  • Ooh! What a Lovely Pair: Our Story
  • Cheryl: My Story
  • Why Do I Say These Things?
  • What You See Is What You Get: My Autobiography
  • A Young Man's Passage
  • Don't You Know Who I Am?
  • Look Who It Is!: My Story
  • Last Man Standing: Tales from Tinseltown
  • My Life
  • Parky: My Autobiography
  • That's Another Story: The Autobiography
  • John Bishop: How Did All This Happen?
  • The Top Gear years
Dannii Minogue has achieved twelve consecutive number one dance singles, becoming the most-successful artist on the UK Club Chart. The last year has seen Dannii's star ascend into the stratosphere, becoming a bona fide national treasure, as hailed by the UK media. Most recently, following her triumphant 2009 season on The X Factor, watched by a peak of 19.2 million, Dannii has been crowned 'Best T ...more
More about Dannii Minogue...
Dannii: My Style Dannii My Style Signed Edition